Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 4:39 PM Last edited by DJ. : 24th Mar 2014 at 7:17 PM.
Default Some of the outfits cannot be hidden at all? [solved]
Hello all. I am really frustrated right now, because it's been at least 24 times I've switched back and forth between my game and SimPE.

I'm making a themed hood where pretty much every maxis clothes just doesn't fit in. I've downloaded all the clothing hiders I could think of. (Hide All Maxis: BG to H&M, BV, FT, AL.)

I use an AnyGame to exclude Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff and H&M Fashion Stuff from my game setup, because I simply couldn't find a mod that hides K&B clothes (and, well, I wouldn't use the appliances that come with the SP anyway).

The only clothes I have left are a lot of townified CC clothes (which appear as BV outfits instead of * outfits, therefore they're ... (binned?) can't remember of the term name).

My problem is, though, under everyday outfits, I have two BG tops, two BG bottoms and three BG full outfits.
Under PJs I have the light-blue pajamas as the 'leftover'.
Under Swimwear I have the blue boxers with yellow stripes and blue speedos.
Under Athletic I have that blue outfit that came with base game.

The above represents a problem because 75 % of the time when I click on Randomize Sim in CAS, the Sim returns with the above outfits, instead of CC or BV outfits that I would like them to have. Since it's not currently in my interest to manually create townies, I thought the game would do it automatically (whilst asigning them appropriate (CC and BV) clothes), but since it almost always gives them maxis clothes, I can't let it happen.

---

I've followed this tutorial on hiding maxis items. I thought it'd be useful for hiding these leftover items, but it hasn't been, at all.

The specific outfits I'm having issues with (currently only for adult males, although there are maxis outfits left for adult females and other age groups as well):
ambodyshirtuntuckedsaddle_chandle
ambottomcargopants_desertcamo
ambottomlongshorts_whiteplaintan
amtopshortssleevecollar_whiteskypolo
amtoptanktop_whitebasic
ambodytracksuit_blue
ambodyclosedcoatlongpants_tuxaqudapel(_clone)
ambodyshorts_blueyellow
ambodyunderwear_blueswim

[etc. There might be a few spelling mistakes, because I really can't read my handwriting anymore, haha.]

Another thing to note, all of them are found in Property sets with a prefix CASIE_. I'm not sure what that means.

Also, the outfits above are present in Property sets of all the EPs. In other words,

[any ep]\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins\Skins.package

has the outfits above under property sets.

---

What's fun though, I tried extracting all of them and modifying them to hide them. No luck, even with saving a package with only AL resources, then with BG-AL resources, or seperate for each EP.

I also tried modifying the package files I downloaded (links above). Interestingly, the property sets in those packages didn't have values of 0, as joninmobile suggested in their tutorial - instead, the values were similar to a property set value of a valid, visible outfit in game.

I tried changing values to 0 of those above particular outfits, but in game, it was all wrong. My Sim had no everyday outfits (was naked) and when I clicked to edit his everyday outfit, there was absolutely nothing in the catalog and I couldn't click to choose between tops, bottoms and outfits - those button were gone. So I corrupted those package files somehow.

---

I think this is also worth mentioning: without ANY maxis clothes, I would only have BV outfits and a lot of CC outfits (most of them are binned to show up as BV outfits). I don't use BV outfit hiders.
But, I also don't have any tops or bottoms, only full body outfits in my game. Could this be potentially the reason why my game is throwing a naked Sim to me if I have absolutely no tops or bottoms?

Thanks for any help.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 12:12 PM
Hi, don't know if you still have problem, but what I have found when using hiders is that some of the files you mention you can't hide, the CASIE files, are not set on hide. The basegame-hider hide those files, but the EP hiders have just included them in the file and not changed them to hide. So if those files loads after the base one, they will re enable those files again. You can even delete the outfits from the files (except base), don't need to hide them twice.

I also found out outfits flaged a bit diffrent like, 04, 20 something, usually prioritize, especially in bodyshop.
Don't know why the townified CC clothes appear with BV outfits, are they outside the download folder?

I'm not good at explaining things, but I hope it helps.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 2:48 PM
Oh, so you're saying I should try setting the base game clothing hider to load after the other hiders? That sounds like a good idea, to set clothing hiders to load in that way, starting from the newest EP.

(I read on the Simbiology/InSim/somewhere that packages are being loaded alphabetically, I hope that info is not outdated.)
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 3:25 PM
Yes, you can try do that, or open each hider and delete the dublicate CASIE files, but that is a bit tedious.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 2:13 PM Last edited by DJ. : 19th Jul 2017 at 5:48 PM. Reason: removed pb links
Alright, this is what I've done:
[removed pic]
Upon loading CAS, I get this:
[removed pic]
A floating head, with no hair. However, if I click on 2 (choose heads), they'll magically get their body back (topless and H&M bottoms), but they'll still have no scalp. (Also notice how the top/bottom/outfit buttons are gone.)

What's interesting though, is that by clicking randomize a few times, sometimes the game'll return a Sim with clothes that are usually unselectable (because they've been hidden by the clothing hiders):
[removed pic]
It's almost always the blue sweater pictured. On other occasions (when it's not the blue sweater/blank body) it does choose other stuff from the normally available catalog. (Why's the game so stubborn?)

By entering debug mode (Shift+n), the top/bottom/outfit buttons still do not appear.
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 5:27 PM
Not sure what is going on with the floating head. Have you townified any separate tops and bottoms?, I think the game need least one outfit in every category, otherwise they can still show up with maxis clothes.
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 7:13 PM Last edited by DJ. : 24th Mar 2014 at 7:13 PM. Reason: it workz
No, I haven't. I guess I'll have to head off to a downloading spree, to get some tops and bottoms that match my current game theme. I'll see how it goes and report back soon.

Edit: It worked! Basically, I had to rearrange the order the packages loaded in, as you suggested, and make sure there's at least one item in any given menu. Works like a charm! ilysm
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 6:11 AM
I'm glad it worked out.