Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 5:06 PM
Default Losing saved recoloring of CAS Parts
I wasn't sure what category to put this thread in. I have looked online through out the week now trying to find a solution to what is going on. I like to recolor a lot of the clothing items in CAS. However, everytime I clear cashe I lose them. Now I know that the CASPartCashe is supposed to be the CAS items so I don't clear that, just the others. However, I still lose anything that I have recolored in CAS. Am I still clearing them out somehow or is there a different way to save them so I don't lose them. I normally just recolor them and then click the save file on the item. Thank you for you time and help, always appreciative.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 5:20 PM
I think your saved presets are in UserPresets.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I think your saved presets are in UserPresets.

Just looked up that file, I never delete tha file.
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by no.1froggie
Just looked up that file, I never delete tha file.

If you end up exiting the game by it crashing, or by ending the program through task manager, any presets you created in that game session do NOT save. That's one of the reasons that sometimes the game can take a while to exit; I think it's saving things like presets at that point, and it doesn't actually do it earlier.

I don't know if that's your problem, but I learned this by experience, and it's consistent.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mia Skywalker
If you end up exiting the game by it crashing, or by ending the program through task manager, any presets you created in that game session do NOT save. That's one of the reasons that sometimes the game can take a while to exit; I think it's saving things like presets at that point, and it doesn't actually do it earlier.

I don't know if that's your problem, but I learned this by experience, and it's consistent.

I can't remember if it was closed out last by task manager. It hasn't crashed in a long time. I will pay attention when I shut it down next and see if they disappear or not. Are presets able to be backed up? CAS already takes forever, get tired of redoing items.
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by no.1froggie
I can't remember if it was closed out last by task manager. It hasn't crashed in a long time. I will pay attention when I shut it down next and see if they disappear or not. Are presets able to be backed up? CAS already takes forever, get tired of redoing items.

I save user presets files to a different drive, if only because sometimes the game will get corrupted, and you can lose that file completely.

Keep in mind, however, that you don't want that file to get TOO large. The larger it is, the longer your game may take to launch and save, and the longer it takes to get into CAS. I have different user preset files, and I swap them out depending upon what game I'm playing. Presets for my historical/medieval games, for instance, will be different from those in my futuristic worlds, and different again from my tropical or holiday themed worlds.

It's a bit complicated, and I'm sure not everyone wants to do that, but I used to use a single preset file for all my games, and game launch - and saves - took forever.