Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 9:48 AM
Sims don't forget people
Hi everybody! every time that my sims know new people end up forgetting them with the time, even dissapear of the contact people section!! My question is, is there any mod or any way for my sims don't forget the people that already know?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 10:58 AM
It's part of the game that sims' relationship scores with those they know will degrade back towards 0 over time if you don't keep in touch with them. The Long Distance Friend LTR stops that from happening, I believe it's 20,000 happiness points. There is also a skill challenge for the Charisma skill, the Super Friendly one, that accomplishes the same thing once you get 20 sims to be your sim's friends.

There isn't any way I know of to cheat the skill challenge, but you could use NRaas MasterController Cheats to grant your sims the 20,000 happiness points and purchase the reward for them if you don't want to do this the in-game way.

Also, my sims never have those they know drop off the relationship panel even if their relationship scores have decayed back to 0 and they are "Total Strangers" again, but that might be because I am using the NRaas RelationshipPanel mod.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 11:43 AM
In my game, too, zero point relationships disappear from the panel after a few days, so it might either be my mods or your RelationshipPanel mod that's causing the difference. The disappearing is, I think, a feature to increase performance because the fuller the relationship panel the slower the game loads a Sim. So, I consider this actually a good thing that they disappear.

BTW, the Long Distance Friend reward affects only friendships, I think, as does the Super Friendly achievement of the charisma skill. Anything below friendship level, down to enemies, will still suffer from daily decay.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 1:40 PM
I end up ctrl-clicking to zap the relationships I don't really need to see on the panel anymore so as not to have hundreds of unnecessary 0 pointers clogging things up after a while especially when it comes to Service Sims and stray animals my sims may never see again. But it's nice to have a choice and keep the ones I want to re-connect with at some later time. This I know is a feature of the RP mod.

But I didn't realize the decay still applied to non-friends even with the LTR or skill challenge. Makes sense I guess, though seems I really should have noticed that by now.