Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 1:34 PM
Weird/odd gameplay ideas?
Does anyone have any really different gameplay ideas? I've been searching online but all I can find is boring, basic stuff like master every skill, reach ten generations, make yourself/a celebrity, create two polar opposite sims, make someone homeless, etc. I've grown incredibly bored of "normal" gameplay and would like some really bizarre new ideas! Nothing is too weird, in fact, the weirder the better! I've already done some really strange things that I don't even think I should mention here, but just be aware that practically anything is acceptable

Oh, and it's fine if mods are required too. I already have MasterController, StoryProgression, WooHooer (+ the KamaSimtra expansion), a few fix-mods like ErrorTrap and some random one that enabled vampires to kill people. Could download another mod if it's required, although I don't have a massive amount of room left on my hard drive. The EP's I have are Night Life, Supernatural, University Life and Generations (also own World Adventures but uninstalled it because I wasn't that into it and wanted to make room for CC and mods).

Thank you so much in advance!

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 1:50 PM
Came up with an idea myself, it's not extremely odd but it might be interesting. I call it the "Adam and Eve-challenge".

Basically, you remove every single sim in the town so that it's completely empty, and then you make your own couple (preferably named Adam and Eve, just for the fun of it) repopulate it on their own. You might want to buy lifetime rewards for Adam and Eve to make them live longer (or forever). Make sure that you have disabled immigration so that no new sims move in!

For a twist, and added "realism" to this biblical mess, you could enable incestuous relationships with mods. I'll do that, so that when my kids move out they can go on with their lives and have children of their own. Might also enable the chance of random occult mutation so that some occult sims may be born.

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Scholar
#3 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 2:06 PM
Check the challenge board. There's tons of ideas there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Check the challenge board. There's tons of ideas there.

True, but most of them are so boring and simple. I prefer more elaborate and unconventional ideas.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 7:59 PM
I like that Adam & Eve idea. I guess one could use autonomous *everything* mod..and then watch the show. hehehe

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#6 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 8:41 PM
Impose restrictions upon your normal gameplay style. I've found that this, along with limiting the amount of money sims earn, prevents the game from being too boring.

Don't hoard objects. No bookcases, or very few books - sim must go to the library. No gym equipment - sim must go to the gym. On that note, randomize sims' traits and try to fulfill their every wish. Wants to flirt, in spite of being in a relationship? Go ahead, create some drama. This works wonders if you have no idea what personality a sim should have - let the game decide for you.

If you've got a socializing-oriented career, reserve a day for mingling with the townsfolk. In politics? Go to the park on Sunday and talk to the people. In music? Play for Tips or Jam for them for a day. If you have your sims owning buildings/lots, have them "visit" the lots (pretend they're checking in on things) at least once every three days.

Pick your sims' central traits and do more to make them important. If your sim is artistic, have them spend a lot of time at the art gallery. If they're athletic, have them jog every morning or go to the gym after work. If they're a slob, have them sit at the computer/TV all day and not go out much. If they're social, invite someone over/out once every 2-3 days, and maybe hold a party per week or once every few days.

If you've got a gardener, have them use only home-grown produce to cook (Ani's "No shopping from fridge" mod works for this).

Limit the amount of money your sims earn. No looking for collectibles if your sim has a steady job. Limit the number of paintings/sculptures/whatever that your sims can make. A real artist can't paint 10 huge paintings in a day. You can also have them live on their skill alone if they're not the "office" type.

Get a "harder bills" mod. There's one that has you paying bills twice a week instead of just once, too.

Some bizarre ideas off the top of my head:
- have your sim become a vampire/immortal, befriend people from around town, steal their kids and turn them into their money-making goblins;
- a rich family whose members all hate each other and try to cause each other as much misery as possible;
- a nasty sim who just goes around insulting everyone and making the most amount of enemies possible;
- a kleptomaniac who aims to steal at least one object from every house in the neighborhood;
- a highly educated sim who goes around tutoring everyone in the neighborhood;
- a Robin Hood-type sim who befriends rich and/or bad sims, marries them to get their wealth, then gives it to the poor families (this needs Master Controller for money transfers);
- a philanthropist who wants to get rich in order to remake the town (improve houses and community lots).

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Instructor
#7 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 10:45 PM
As an alternate to "normal gameplay" I always enjoyed most when I played in a neighborhood and a community of sims that was modeled after one of my favorite movies, tv series or video games. I assume you have your favorites, too - a virtual world and characters from another game or your favorite TV show. Recreating characters is not difficult in Sims 3, on the other hand recreating a neighborhood that almost looks like that town or city or village from that movie or other game is much more time-consuming, but for me, is always a fascinating pastime. Sims 3 has already plenty of custom or EA-created worlds (from futuristic to vintage, from desert-type to Italian, from industrial to rural), and for this, one definitely has to build or download tons of fitting lots and some CC too, but hey, it's part of the fun.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Impose restrictions upon your normal gameplay style. I've found that this, along with limiting the amount of money sims earn, prevents the game from being too boring.

Don't hoard objects. No bookcases, or very few books - sim must go to the library. No gym equipment - sim must go to the gym. On that note, randomize sims' traits and try to fulfill their every wish. Wants to flirt, in spite of being in a relationship? Go ahead, create some drama. This works wonders if you have no idea what personality a sim should have - let the game decide for you.

If you've got a socializing-oriented career, reserve a day for mingling with the townsfolk. In politics? Go to the park on Sunday and talk to the people. In music? Play for Tips or Jam for them for a day. If you have your sims owning buildings/lots, have them "visit" the lots (pretend they're checking in on things) at least once every three days.

Pick your sims' central traits and do more to make them important. If your sim is artistic, have them spend a lot of time at the art gallery. If they're athletic, have them jog every morning or go to the gym after work. If they're a slob, have them sit at the computer/TV all day and not go out much. If they're social, invite someone over/out once every 2-3 days, and maybe hold a party per week or once every few days.

If you've got a gardener, have them use only home-grown produce to cook (Ani's "No shopping from fridge" mod works for this).

Limit the amount of money your sims earn. No looking for collectibles if your sim has a steady job. Limit the number of paintings/sculptures/whatever that your sims can make. A real artist can't paint 10 huge paintings in a day. You can also have them live on their skill alone if they're not the "office" type.

Get a "harder bills" mod. There's one that has you paying bills twice a week instead of just once, too.

Some bizarre ideas off the top of my head:
- have your sim become a vampire/immortal, befriend people from around town, steal their kids and turn them into their money-making goblins;
- a rich family whose members all hate each other and try to cause each other as much misery as possible;
- a nasty sim who just goes around insulting everyone and making the most amount of enemies possible;
- a kleptomaniac who aims to steal at least one object from every house in the neighborhood;
- a highly educated sim who goes around tutoring everyone in the neighborhood;
- a Robin Hood-type sim who befriends rich and/or bad sims, marries them to get their wealth, then gives it to the poor families (this needs Master Controller for money transfers);
- a philanthropist who wants to get rich in order to remake the town (improve houses and community lots).

Those are actually some really interesting ideas I have kind of restricted my gameplay in the past (well, what really happened was that I chose not to cheat for money and had to go to the library to read and such) and it's actually quite a lot of fun! I've also made a homeless sim who could only eat, sleep and use the bathroom on lots other than their own, so community lots and friends' houses. That was very limiting but also interesting. Could definitely incorporate many of these elements into other ideas as well! Thank you!

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 12:29 AM
A favorite challenge of mine: make a Sim with the Kleptomaniac trait and move them into a house classed as "unfurnished" by the game (but still has things like a toilet and stove). Spend all your money on the most expensive bed. Don't buy any more furniture.

If you want to furnish your Sim's house with anything else, they have to steal it. They also can't get a job and can only live off what they find/steal.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 12:52 AM
@IndigoMontoya Your user name always puts me in a good mood.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)