Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 4:58 PM
Bonehilda won't take care of children - fix?
I've been googling like crazy and apparently this is a rather old issue, but still I cannot seem to find a fix for it. Basically, Bonehilda will walk up to babies and toddlers but never pick them up or in any way take care of them. This is extremely annoying, she used to do it but now she has stopped and I really need her to help me with the kids. I can't afford a butler or anything like that, and I've tried getting a new Bonehilda but it doesn't help. Seems like I'll need to download a fix for this, so has anyone created a fix for this problem, and if so, where can I get it?

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 6:14 PM
I've never seen a Bonehilda do anything more with respect to babies and toddlers other than getting in the way in front of the crib. My Bonnies only cleaned, fixed broken things, put out fires, and broke buglers.

The only mod I've made was to "flesh out" a Bonnie and made her look like a normal maid. Never got so far as to disable the fear interaction for coward sims, because she kept turning back into a skeleton after she stowed herself away in her coffin - I was trying to fix that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I've never seen a Bonehilda do anything more with respect to babies and toddlers other than getting in the way in front of the crib. My Bonnies only cleaned, fixed broken things, put out fires, and broke buglers.

The only mod I've made was to "flesh out" a Bonnie and made her look like a normal maid. Never got so far as to disable the fear interaction for coward sims, because she kept turning back into a skeleton after she stowed herself away in her coffin - I was trying to fix that.

I believe it was one of the most recent patches that made her unable to interact with children. I don't really remember when it started happening to me, but according to my research there are lots of people who has perfectly functional Bonehildas who properly functioned as nannies before a certain patch. Some of the threads I read about it were really odd, so one might think that it would have been fixed by some modder at this point.

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kithie
I believe it was one of the most recent patches that made her unable to interact with children. I don't really remember when it started happening to me, but according to my research there are lots of people who has perfectly functional Bonehildas who properly functioned as nannies before a certain patch. Some of the threads I read about it were really odd, so one might think that it would have been fixed by some modder at this point.

So, the gameplay changed with each update... you know, I noticed that but I just thought I was going mad. Thanks.
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 12:19 AM
I can't find any sort of fix, though apparently it was patch 1.50 that stopped Bonehilda from being able to take care of kids. However, there is a mod here (registration required) that's supposed to stop Bonehilda from trying to interact with kids. Yeah it doesn't enable the interactions for Bonehilda to actually take care of kids, but it's supposed to stop the stupid skeleton from trying and failing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 5:02 PM
Since there doesn't seem to be any solutions to this problem, I just got my sims a butler now. At least he takes care of the children! Still a shame about Bonehilda though. I used to kind-heartedly buy her for my neighbors with a lot of kids to make their lives easier, but now that she doesn't take care of the kids she's not very useful. Butlers, on the other hand, are great! More interactions (ask to cook, ask for massage etc.), takes care of babies and toddlers, can help children and teens with homework, etc. Great investment, in my opinion.