Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 6:21 PM Last edited by trap lorde : 6th Apr 2014 at 9:17 PM.
Meshing, TSRW import and UVmapping problems :'P
Hello community, it's me again sry for that.

I made a pacifier, meshed and textured it, assigned it to the proper joints (i guess), got it in game. In CAS it looks okay, but in game it deactivates all my sliders :<
Is this because of the fat/thin/fit groups or why ?! Btw is it possible to add these morphs in TSRW. I have no idea

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 7:09 PM
Sry, for posting again but I have another problem. I already fixed the other problem, assigned it to other joints idk. A lot of new cc I create and take in game has a special sort of shading issue. I rly don't know why and how this could happens, but I definately need help from more experienced users. Unedited photos can be seen here and are in the zip file in the attachement.

Attached files:
File Type: zip  MTS HACC_01.zip (891.2 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
Description: I hope these files are helpful :(
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 11:33 PM
Can somebody help me please?!!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 3:25 PM
Looks like the polygons in the horns are facing the wrong way. Try selecting the horns, do a Face / Reverse Vertex Order. The horns will turn black. Then do a Vertex / Align Normals and the horns should appear correctly.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 10:43 PM
Hello, thank you very much for answering me. I use C4D and Autodesk Maya and I can't find an simular option :<
The faces look actually good in Maya and C4D, but why are they reversed in ts3? :/

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 4:14 AM
I've never used Maya or C4D so I don't know. How did you convert the horns to a simgeom? The conversion from quads to triangles in particular might have gone wrong.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 11:28 PM
That's a good question. I finish the mesh in maya or C4D, then I export the file as obj. and load it into milkshape. I assign the joints there and export again as wso. Then I fire up TSRW. I import my new mesh and use the new option to load a reference mesh to assign the joints again (cause I'm never sure with assigning joints in milkshape...). After that I add the texture in TSRW, make everything ready and click on project contents and export as package. Tadaaa, I'm ready. TSRW converts simgeoms itself, I guess :c

Thx again for the reply, I rly need help hahaa. I mesh around and texture my stuff but I don't get it in game. It's so sad. It seems like I'm to dumb to mod this silly game :<
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 1:49 PM
Interesting. Sounds like TSRW copied my idea of using a reference mesh for bone assignments. I'll have to experiment with their export of obj as wso. Meanwhile I'm working on direct conversion of obj in Mesh Toolkit, which will be in the next version as soon as I get off my lazy butt and finish it. I'll use this as a test of quad to triangle since that seems like the most likely way the faces got reversed.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 5:18 PM
So I displayed the face normals in maya, but they seem to be displayed in the right way. Yes or no? :B

I know the programs you wrote, they were out before TSR came along with their workshop, hahahaa. You are the ts3 guru right, you can even write programs shit Such a blessing somebody like you tries to help the little me. Huge respect
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#10 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 3:16 PM
Could you possibly upload your original obj horns mesh for me to test with? I normally use Milkshape which won't do quads, and Blender makes my head explode. :D

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 5:15 PM
I uploaded them in the second post as attachement Shall I triangulate the faces with a script or not?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 1:48 AM
Hello it's me again, I have again problems with a new project i started Maybe you wanna take a look on it too. Looks okay in C4D but in CAS and in game... horrible. WTF?

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#13 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 2:15 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 19th Mar 2014 at 2:54 PM.
Could be a transparency problem - check the alpha of your multiplier.

Forgot you had already uploaded the obj, lol. How did you convert it to use in the game?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 3:39 PM
Maya and C4D convert meshes to obj. And milkshape converts it to wso. and then I start importing to milkshape... But TSRW is annoying me so damn hard. Every project I make has issues... I checked the alpha, the map was totally correct :/ I remeshed this thing and after that I worked, I still dunno why huee.

As always I'm having another problem. TSRW gets an error while calculating the tangents... I wanted to make plugs...

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#15 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 4:44 AM
If that's the tangent calculation, most likely there's some peculiarity in the mesh that TSRW can't handle. I'm curious what it is since I gave them that calculation. Could you upload that mesh as well? I won't be able to look at it for a few days so no rush.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 6:55 PM
Okayy thank you very much :3 The obj file is in the attachement.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MTS_MGPLUGS_OBJ.zip (372.7 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 11:27 AM Last edited by leefish : 21st Jun 2014 at 7:26 AM.
Okay, I fixed my plugs but I have two new problems again. Sry if I annoying you :'00 I have made two new thing, glasses and a piercing thing (made as clothing)
I UV mapped the glasses correctly, made diffuse, specular files (and overlays for the lense textures) I even checked the normals of the glasses, in C4D they seem okay but in game I can't recolor the eye glasses frame, even though I made all 3 channels available in TSRW and my channels file is correct. The eye glasses frame is painted in a weird blue grey in CAS and looks untextures in game (white). I've rly no idea again what this is ://
in CAS:

And I made piercings as clothing, made all groups and even the morphs are correctly YAYY. But the skin texture gets totally weirdo even though I made the correct alpha map and left it untextured ://

Maybe you have the time to lock on the zip I uplaoded in the attachement, I included all dds, TSRW save files, objy files etc. I hope you can help me :0 And I have another question. Is it possible to change the lighting in CAS with by editing the script or something?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  [MTS] supertrapb0lous GLASSES_ACCN.zip (16.24 MB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#18 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 5:59 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 4th Apr 2014 at 9:44 PM.
I'm going to take a look and get back to you. BTW, when posting here you're supposed to blur out all naughty bits, including nipples and butt crack, so you should edit that pic.

Edit - I see two major problems with the piercings mesh:

When I import the mesh in Milkshape, the normals appear to all be in the wrong direction and the mesh looks completely black. I was able to fix this by aligning the normals for the whole mesh. the normals would then have to be matched to the head and bottom at the neck and waist.

The UV map is messed up - the body mesh seems fine but some of the vertices of the piercings are at location 0, 0, and as you can see the piercings mapping overlaps the body mesh. This causes weird effects in CAS but usually not in-game. You can see how the discoloration on her hip, torso, legs, etc. matches where the UV overlaps.

Problems with the glasses:

Again, I had to align the normals because they're facing the wrong way. Something in your process of converting obj to simgeom seems to be reversing the normals.

The shaders of the two mesh parts (lenses and frames) are reversed. The lenses should use SimGlass and the frames should be SimSkin, but it's the other way around. I assume you cloned EA glasses, and you replaced the wrong mesh parts with yours. As I recall glass can't be recolored, and the wrong shader would account for both looking strange.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 10:33 AM Last edited by trap lorde : 5th Apr 2014 at 11:12 AM.
That's funny because C4D shows this when showing the UVs

I still don't understand why the normals are always getting reversed when I export my OBJs Because I even make a normals tag (in the red box I did in the next picture) to solve this problem but I doesn't seem to work. How do I check the normals in milkshapre and reverse them?
I foxed the UVs of the clothing thing I amde, but the skin texture on the nakes areas is still dark and weird, even though I haven't put textures on these areas and the alpha map is okay :''/ Is is possible to change the shader type in TSRW? Yay, I had the group_00 and group_01 switched so they had the wron shaders. Thank you, I'll try to fix that.

EDIT: YAYYY I fixed the glasses thank you so much I'll add a screenshot how they look now wow I'm so happy I also fixed some other things I had issues with... I had always the same issues: Milkshape can't read the normals tag I aligned in C4D and so my normals weren't aligned. They weren't even reversed, just not aligned oh yayy. Thank you so much again.

Btw is there a way to change the title of this thread? Because if I could do so, ppl with the same problems could find your help too I still have another question: I'm making skins and your skinninator tool is my best friend hahaa. I create skins from scratch so I make bump and specular map out of my diffuse/color map however. Caused by the speculars I get issues in CAS (caused by the lightning there?) but in game everything looks great. Do you have a tip why I get this issues in CAS?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#20 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 12:16 AM
Glad you got your issues fixed!

There should an Edit button for your first post in the thread, and you should be able to change the title that way.

TSRW doesn't seem to have any way to change the shader. There's a Shader drop down box in the meshes tab but it's not enabled, at least last time I looked.

I'm not sure what you mean by a normals tag - normals are part of the data in an .obj mesh file. Perhaps either Milkshape is not importing the normals correctly or more likely the WSO plugin isn't translating them to .wso format correctly.

To see normals in Milkshape:

Click Tools menu / Selection Editor
Click yes on first pop up and no on the second pop up
Under the model there's a row of icons. The last one on the right toggles display of normals.

CAS renders everything differently from in the game - I don't know of any way around this.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 11:23 PM
So I fixed a lot of stuff but they are still two things I can't get rid off :''( First problem: sometimes when I import a new mesh to a TSRW clone an error appears like 'index out of array or soemthing like that'. But the mesh is correctly positioned and sized? I don't understand that. Sometimes it appears, two days later I can import the mesh without problems?! Strange
Still got a little problem with my glasses, the simglasses are transparent now even though I haven't changed the transparency. Is that depending on the clone and the shader TSRW is loading and I can't change? And is their a guide what the codes in the dropmenu that appears after clicking the add button in the materials box are meaning, I'm just curious? However, this is how my glasses look in game and in TSRW:

Thank you so much for your help
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#22 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trap lorde
So I fixed a lot of stuff but they are still two things I can't get rid off :''( First problem: sometimes when I import a new mesh to a TSRW clone an error appears like 'index out of array or soemthing like that'. But the mesh is correctly positioned and sized? I don't understand that. Sometimes it appears, two days later I can import the mesh without problems?! Strange

I imagine this is a TSRW problem, which I can't help you with.

Quote: Originally posted by trap lorde
Still got a little problem with my glasses, the simglasses are transparent now even though I haven't changed the transparency. Is that depending on the clone and the shader TSRW is loading and I can't change? And is their a guide what the codes in the dropmenu that appears after clicking the add button in the materials box are meaning, I'm just curious? However, this is how my glasses look in game and in TSRW:

Transparency is due to the shader, yes. (Apparently the preview in TSRW doesn't do transparency.) As for the dropdown - I can't help much with that either. Some of those values look like they belong to the shader, which contains values for transparency, shininess, reflectivity, etc. How TSRW handles them and whether it actually modifies the shader, I don't know - I don't use TSRW very much, largely because so much of what it does is unclear to me and can't be changed.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 1:05 PM Last edited by leefish : 21st Jun 2014 at 7:27 AM.
EDIT: Okay, but what means PG-13? I got it finally, It was the specular file. I made another body mesh... (yes I censored some parts now :P) but your meshing toolkit is doing somethign strange to it. Can you explain me why?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#24 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 12:14 AM
This is a PG-13 site. Please edit your pictures.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 8:23 PM
I really have to say that I appreciate all your help. You are the only one talking to me there in this community. Thank you so much, I know I'm annoying and I thank god for your patience : ) I hope ypu can help me with my new problem becuase I worked so hard on this and now this happens.

♘ visit my tumblr here
Page 1 of 3