Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#8676 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 1:35 AM
Today I discovered that, uhm..

Yeah-..
Advertisement
Test Subject
#8677 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 2:40 AM
I discovered that the military base occasionally emits trumpet calls.
Alchemist
#8678 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skittlenut
Today I discovered that, uhm..

Yeah-..

I think the mod that unlocks hidden traits should be... taken care of...

Just call me Nikel
Space Pony
#8679 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 3:47 PM
Has anyone already mentioned that the launcher seems to be broken now?

Yes I know the launcher is a piece of crap that doesn't necessarily have to be used all the time, that's why there is a bypass method to avoid it, but I needed to use it just about now and...

As you can see, err don't see the welcome info page is missing

I'm guessing this is the result of EA's current work of moving the SIMs 3 community over to their new SIMs 4 centric web address?
Mad Poster
#8680 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 8:30 PM Last edited by AlexandraSpears : 23rd Aug 2014 at 4:55 PM.
As long as I can click the Play button on the launcher and the game actually starts up, I don't care what it looks like. :lol

I found out that even Sims with the Dislikes Children trait gets the +80 mood boost when their child is born. Currently playing the Wolff family in Sunset Valley. You'd think it'd be a negative moodlet...then again in TS2 when Romance Sims have kids it's a positive memory.

EDIT:

Also--I found out that a Sim cooking at the stove can socialize with a Sim sitting down and eating at a nearby table.

Yet two Sims reading books next to each other won't socialize (unlike in TS2), unless they're studying.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
#8681 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 7:51 PM
I can't update my Sims game, no matter how hard I try. Gdi.
Top Secret Researcher
#8682 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
... the welcome info page is missing

That might not be a recent thing. Mine often behaves like that and then the next time it might show all the welcome stuff, and I've never discovered what it depends on. I am guessing it's something to do with network access because I have a sometimes-flaky wireless. As others have noted, it doesn't affect your ability to start the game -- and I guess at this point, game patches are not an issue, eh? Although I do like seeing the pretty Sims.
Mad Poster
#8683 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 3:46 AM
I found out that Sims in the Medical career have the option of checking up on a patient (by phone or house call). Not sure if that feature came with Ambitions, though. Just click on the cellphone and the option will pop up, but you won't know who the patient is until your Sim makes the call.

The patient will say thanks for checking up on them, their recovery is going fine. Now here's the kicker...sometimes it'll be a pet on the phone...or even a ghost! Um...what...? LOL

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Field Researcher
#8684 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I found out that Sims in the Medical career have the option of checking up on a patient (by phone or house call). Not sure if that feature came with Ambitions, though. Just click on the cellphone and the option will pop up, but you won't know who the patient is until your Sim makes the call.

The patient will say thanks for checking up on them, their recovery is going fine. Now here's the kicker...sometimes it'll be a pet on the phone...or even a ghost! Um...what...? LOL

Ectoplasmic Simericans need healthcare to. Now, how a pet is talking on the phone, that's an issue.
Field Researcher
#8685 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by proxiehunter
Ectoplasmic Simericans need healthcare to. Now, how a pet is talking on the phone, that's an issue.

Three Sims in my household have maxed logic so have the option to tutor other Sims. Including the cats... I haven't actually clicked on that yet to see what it looks like, but I know cats look odd doing yoga.
#8686 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:07 PM
Seriously, I need to update and the thing won't update. >
Scholar
#8687 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears

"Oh, I'm dead. But it wasn't from complications after the surgery. You saw the meteor falling last night? It hit my house and flattened me. Other than that, I'm doing fine."

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Top Secret Researcher
#8688 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sebastian-moran-is-here
Seriously, I need to update and the thing won't update. >

Maybe head on over to the help section and create a thread outlining exactly what's going on.

Try downloading the manual patch.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page
Lab Assistant
#8689 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 7:25 PM
That sims can abandon a baby to read while it's hungry and dirty...

My sim was just gonna continue making a book...

The fact that I like kids and that the baby was starving, made me kill/starve the parents using Master Controller.

She doesn't even like kids! And also I added him to the household.
Field Researcher
#8690 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 7:42 PM
That turning off the interactive loading screen will make my game load so much faster.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
#8691 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Maybe head on over to the help section and create a thread outlining exactly what's going on.

Try downloading the manual patch.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

Thanks~~
Field Researcher
#8692 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 9:43 PM Last edited by Natashenka : 24th Aug 2014 at 10:09 PM.
That even with story progression off, other families still age. I switched over to my 2nd of 3 families that are part of my legacy, and found that all the kids were now adults when they were teens and toddlers when I left them yesterday. Ugh.
Space Pony
#8693 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
That might not be a recent thing. Mine often behaves like that and then the next time it might show all the welcome stuff, and I've never discovered what it depends on. I am guessing it's something to do with network access because I have a sometimes-flaky wireless. As others have noted, it doesn't affect your ability to start the game -- and I guess at this point, game patches are not an issue, eh? Although I do like seeing the pretty Sims.

The only reason I had to use the launcher though was to install one of MySimRealty's lots
Field Researcher
#8694 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 10:39 PM
I've now learned that installing awesomemod in an attempt to control neighbourhood aging has messed up my game. I'm now reinstalling and praying that my backup of my legacy family works when I reinstall it.
Scholar
#8695 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 11:20 PM
That if your sim doesn't have any other responsibilities, and they have a decent amount of cash to absorb the early costs, maxing the photography skill only takes about 8 days. And that's still allowing the sim to have some bit of a life. Could probably do it in five if you were really focused on it.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Field Researcher
#8696 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 2:06 PM
That Master Controller allows more than 8 sims into a household, so my prayers have been answered when it comes to my legacy family! No more of them aging up when they shouldn't! But now I have to undo and de-age a ton of them from where I didn't realise they would still age...
Lab Assistant
#8697 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natashenka
That Master Controller allows more than 8 sims into a household, so my prayers have been answered when it comes to my legacy family! No more of them aging up when they shouldn't! But now I have to undo and de-age a ton of them from where I didn't realise they would still age...

Remember to use Portrait Panel.
Theorist
#8698 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 8:08 PM
I learned if you keep searching, you keep learning little tips to make your game run better, even on an old laptop. I make sure my FeaturedItems folder is always empty now.
*Don't try this and blame me, though if your game gets messed up.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#8699 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 3:15 AM
my sim's husband was cheating on her with her mom '.' really sim's 3? making a pregnant girl stop cooking dinner (on a stove that can catch on fire) just to be mad at him '.'
Mad Poster
#8700 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 12:43 AM
If you have a pregnant Sim and the toilet's in use, she'll puke on the side yard lawn

My vision of life with Alice (Cooper) did not go as originally planned.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Page 348 of 490