Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 8767 (Who?), Viewed: 1122539 times.
Page 351 of 351
Field Researcher
#8751 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezey
As well as Simis Bachelor, Erin Kennedy, and Fiona McIrish. (Something I remember from creating a save file that was Sunset Valley de-aged exactly by six game weeks, on a whim where I wanted to be able to play the adults and elders as children, teens, and young adults, and bring some dead sims back to their life.)

Just moving your save file shouldn't cause bugs. I do that all the time, and I have also uninstalled/reinstalled and then put in old saves, and done factory resets with old saves, and that has never been an issue for me. Vanilla EA story progression will do weird things with aging sometimes, though. I once had a legacy heir age up from a teen, and when I went to marry him to his girlfriend that he met at the prom and who was a classmate of his, she was suddenly an adult while he was a young adult. That might've been what happened with Lisa, that when she aged up, for whatever reason, she skipped the YA stage.

No idea on that one. I only pay attention to that stuff if I'm playing them and want to make their wardrobe or decor reflect a color favorite.

1) Well, yeah, them too. Also, since it was 6 simweeks before, that would mean the 7 of them would all be, like, in their 1st day of teen? Or something like that. Also, would'nt that mean the unborn babies are Marty Keaton, Justine Keaton, & Jared Frio, now? Can i see shenanigans from that savefile, and how do you fit in the fact that Blair logically should have been born in Boyd\Susan's 1st day of YA if the age settings are true canon and not just artistic lisence? (Also, i made pics of kids version of Boyd and Susan using an headcanon that they changed their hair and eyecolors through a science experiment when they were young, Jack and Judy are there too. But not the other 3 sims, i might make a "class photo" though. But i made them kids instead. )

2) No, IIRC they were both YA's, Chris on his 1st day, Darlene on her 1st day too, Arlo on his 2nd day, Lisa on her 3rd day, and Ethan on his 4th day. It might have been Week 4 Day 1, actually. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that, while i left the household where Holly and River were married plus an adopted daughter, and Sandi and the unborn baby Ursine also lived with them. They were in Pescadero. I downloaded a mod that made every CAS sim start on their 1st day of whatever lifestage in the while, so it might have been that mod. It felt weird because i knew Chris Steel starts on his very 1st day of YA and he could not have been the exact same age after approx. 15 years. And now he would have become an Adult 2 days after Lisa was one. Also, this made the age gap between Sandi French and Darlene + Bella seem much bigger than it actually is. Because Sandi was on 1st day of teen in the while Darlene, Bella, and Morty were on their 1st day of YA.

3) Well, i have no idea too, maybe these are the faves of some 2 or 3 homeless townies or NPCs in storeworlds. Maybe no premades has these exact fave's.

(Also for said savefile, have you tried to match it up with premades from other towns, like Twinbrook is set 25 years before SV, while Appaloosa Plains, Bridgeport, Moonlight Falls, Isla Paradiso, Riverwiew set at the same time as it, and things like that? So you'd have a "class" of Original Townies of various EA worlds.)
Test Subject
#8752 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:22 AM
Kaiko, I don't want to take this thread any farther off topic, so I sent you a PM.

On topic, I was really impressed by the glass blowing animations on the Prism Studio store content. I've had it for a while but hadn't messed around with it much, but they really did a nice job on them. My only complaint is that they are long, as far as eating up time in game goes, but they are still nicely done.
Field Researcher
#8753 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 4:39 AM
That one sim alone on an empty world (testing world build) goes crazy without having the insane trait. I caught my sim talking to a sink and to her flower pot.
Field Researcher
#8754 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsheet
That one sim alone on an empty world (testing world build) goes crazy without having the insane trait. I caught my sim talking to a sink and to her flower pot.

Yeah that's because there's technically nobody else just randomly generated pudding NPCs and if there are empty houses other puddings arrive but only rarely.
Forum Resident
#8755 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:44 PM Last edited by StupidFlanders : 17th Sep 2014 at 7:00 PM.
That creepy sims paint creepy paintings, it's not like I sleep anyways.

edit: I also discovered that I hate my game with intense power, I let this creepy bitch and her brother handle themselves for tops five minutes so that I could go outside and have a chat with a real person, come back and she died.

edit 2: It gets better.

She will be my new favorite sim.
The best thing is that she's double-dead, she can never ever die.
Screenshots

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Test Subject
#8756 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:41 PM
I learned a lot today some probably you all know.

My Sim made a time machine today, so I thought why not her and her husband try for a baby in the time machine. I learned that they can not have children in the time machine if she is already pregnant. Then after their child was born I sent them back to the time machine again and again till kids started popping out (3teenagers, I YA, and 1 elder) I learned that the kids will stop coming out once the 8 slots are filled. I thought someone had said that was the glitch to get above 8 do many one right after another till the kids fill up the 8 spots then let more come out. This is not true.
Mad Poster
#8757 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 10:24 AM
I found out you can delete the walls beneath the stairs and put objects beneath the stairs. Yeah, probably kinda late to the game on that one...but maybe some n00b might like to know this.

My Riverblossom Hills blog! Alexandra's Riverblossom Hills
Top Secret Researcher
#8758 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:17 PM Last edited by lisfyre : 18th Sep 2014 at 3:01 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandraSpears
I found out you can delete the walls beneath the stairs and put objects beneath the stairs. Yeah, probably kinda late to the game on that one...but maybe some n00b might like to know this.

Yup.. did it in TS2 as well. There are some nice items in both games that you can put under the stairs to make it a functional space as opposed to just decorative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCAC
I learned if you keep searching, you keep learning little tips to make your game run better, even on an old laptop. I make sure my FeaturedItems folder is always empty now.
*Don't try this and blame me, though if your game gets messed up.

I empty it along with all the cache files after every game session.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg

You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand
Test Subject
#8759 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandraSpears

Really? I've been playing it since it came out in 2009 and I never realized that! I always assumed removing those walls would remove the staircase.
Theorist
#8760 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:18 PM
Cowplants can die!

You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!
Deception, Oil & Laserbeams: motherfucking Tumblr
Forum Resident
#8761 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:23 PM
Messing around in CAS, I just noticed that the sliders are limited. I may have to download some slider mods...
Also, it's impossible to get sims to sit down at a table and talk at the same time. Ugh.

Hearing voices no one else can hear isn't a good sign, even in the wizarding world.

Check Out My Story! The Girl in the Red Dress
Lab Assistant
#8762 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:47 PM
I discovered that my fridge leftovers in a household's fridge don't get deleted each time I switch households and that the new Mod I just installed allows them to cook anything at any time and to cook on community lots.I also discovered that a zombie remover Mod kept the zombies away when I got a full moon.
Theorist
#8763 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 1:20 PM
I discovered that plants actually have their own descriptions, just like gems and metals. You can only see it in the Gardening Skill Journal though. Hover your mouse over the harvested plant and you'll see the description. Store plants (except eggplant and lemon), crystal flower, and pumpkin don't have any descriptions though. Reading the little things can be interesting, you know.

Just call me Nikel
Theorist
#8764 Old Yesterday at 8:36 AM
There are 150 default Plumbot names, 75 for male and 75 for female. Let me list them all here. Since there are so many names, I'll hide them under 10 spoilers.

Female plumbot names:

Male plumbot name:

The names are mostly Easter eggs. Some denotes computer terms like binary (0111000010110), LCD, Glitch, and Hard Drive. Some are Greek letters. Some are l33t sp34k (S734KS4UC3). Landgraab and Goth are mentioned here, and Bella & Mortimer are one of the default names for the respective gender.

There are even more external Easter eggs, like 4 8 15 16 23 42 (Lost), Door-E (Wall-E), J.A.R.V.I.X (Iron Man), B3ND4R (Futurama I guess?), and even more! I don't think I can get all Easter eggs. Can you figure them out?

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#8765 Old Yesterday at 12:30 PM
I like how the plumbots can be named Landgraab\Goth Model InsertNumberHere (no Altos?), the guys called Mortimer with the girls called Bella, and that they can also be named Plumbob, "I, Plumbot", Piece Parts, Glitch, Drone, Scrap, Data, Toaster, "Robot from the Future", False-Mary, Harvester, S.I.M., Crash, Hard-Drive, Dial-Up, Method, Sorny instead of Sony, Optimus Even instead of Optimus Prime, et al. Plumbots do not have surnames do they? Or do they use the household name as their surname? Konoko and Ichi seem they would be japanese models?
Test Subject
#8766 Old Yesterday at 1:32 PM
Children who get sick don't have to go to school. In my game play last night, one of my kids was sick, but she got on the bus and went to school anyway. When she tried to walk through the school doors, her queue dropped. Confused, I went to her "career" tab and clicked on the button to send her to school again. I got a notice saying, "Thank you for being considerate and keeping your child at home today." or something to that effect. It was then I noticed she was scheduled to return to school in three days (Friday + the weekend).

That has never happened to me before.
Forum Resident
#8767 Old Yesterday at 7:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikel23
There are even more external Easter eggs, like 4 8 15 16 23 42 (Lost), Door-E (Wall-E), J.A.R.V.I.X (Iron Man), B3ND4R (Futurama I guess?), and even more! I don't think I can get all Easter eggs. Can you figure them out?

These are the ones I managed to figure out (ignoring all l33t ones, anyway):

Mainly SF stuff with a few real-world items and examples.
Lab Assistant
#8768 Old Yesterday at 7:46 PM
@Katya, I feel like Rose is more of a Jetsons reference than a Doctor Who reference. Their robot maid was named Rosie.
Page 351 of 351

Section jump