Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 12:46 PM
Colonial Ironwood Bed Frame...
I've created a load of new frames for the double Colonial Ironwood bed (the really expensive one) but I can't get them to show up in the game. The only colour options are for bedding. Even in design mode, I don't have the option to change what the frame looks like, though I've seen other people with screenshots of the bed with a different frame.

Help, anybody?

All my other custom content is showing up fine.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 1:12 PM
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...t=color+enabler

that thread has the color enabler, try using htat, and installing it directly before you use SimPE each time or play the game. sometimes you have to reinstall it, but it's quick and easy, so no big deal. i hope that helps!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 1:33 PM
Hey, I downloaded and installed it, but still nothing I'm afraid. This is really frustrating, I've tried everything I can think of.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 1:46 PM
ok, try this too
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...ight=tulip+lamp

i remembered it at the last second, sorry. if that doesn't work i can't really help you further, but i really hope you figure it out.:-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:01 PM
It's worked! Thankyou so, so much! You have no idea how much stress you've saved me ^_^ Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:54 PM
...But you have "forgotten" to leave a feedback on that thread... Tsk tsk!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 6:12 PM
*blushes* Sorry ^^;; I'll go post some feedback now
#8 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 6:19 PM
Here is what i done i dont know how!
here is what i done and dont know how
okay i got to thinking about makeing a bed for sims 2 so now i went and cloned the object and done my thing, lol but now all the other beds i had that i downloaded all turned blue frame, is this normal because i am a fraid if i keep it ppl will think i am stealing there work see i got one bed of my own but i cant figure it out lol, so i took and colored all large files and small files includeing textures, okay now, heres what i done after that i took and got a guide for each data file there was like a few there ok now here i got getting guide and fix the intergrity thing and saved it i even changed the name of the bed to a diffrent one , so now i have the one i made with all blue frames and i got the others i had that i downloaded with the reglur frame , so if i keep this one i got and let ppl download it will ppl think i stold there pattern here is the picture and file at this link i did not know how to place it on here

27 beds here come and see :bump:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 6:27 PM
.... o.O

Thanks for that, maybe take a breath now
The ModFather
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 8:05 PM
Velvet9409, why you say so? He used 7 commas (placed at random, I think)

Simfreakman, trust me, I've read your post at least four times, and still I haven't figured what you meant to say.
I've understood only one thing: that you should never, for any reason, post your bed anywhere. Wait a couple of days and follow the Mesh Tool tutorial that is currently being rewritten.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 9:10 PM
LOL, I think those might have been typos, Numenor

I checked the picture dude, and it looks like you've just got a blue frame set... maybe open design mode and, uh, change it? If you don't have the option to change it, get Numenor's nifty little patch.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 10:54 PM
Simfreakman, finally I've understood what is your problem...
1) You cloned the bed just to recolour the frame: have you ever heard of Recolour Packages?
2) As a cloned package is way more complex then a simple recolour package, there is a lot of additional work to fix the colour options (see here).
3) The version of SimPE that you used is outdated; download the latest version.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 8:35 AM
*beholds the patience and brilliance of Numenor*
The ModFather
retired moderator
#14 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 9:29 AM
Eh... ! Have you seen my Avatar? I'm made of stone...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 1:30 PM
Ish a very pretty avatar!

*beholds it*

I need a new one. I'm bored with this logo since I put it on a t-shirt and all my sims are wearing it.
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 4:50 AM
Can't sleep in expensive bed
With all this bed talk, I thought I might get some help here. I must have picked up a bed with a house download. I have a bed that looks just like the most expensive bed but it says "Hot teen bed" under it in the buy catalog. Right next to it is the expensive bed. None of my Sims can sleep in the expensive bed now. How can I get rid of this "Hot teen bed"? I have not added any teen pregnancy hacks and I searched the forum for "Hot teen bed" and didn't see anything. Could someone please help my sims get some quality rest ? :Pike2:
Shez
The ModFather
retired moderator
#17 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 9:16 AM
The hot teen bed should have an asterisk next to it (custom content), so clicking on it should make appear a trascan icon in the catalog window. Click on the trashcan.

BUT, if you downloaded that bed with a lot, I'm sure you have downloaded many more things along with it.
So, the best choice is to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer (in the Tool forum) and clean up your download folder.