Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 11:13 PM Last edited by gh0stic : 2nd Oct 2016 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Transparency issues
Default Transparency being a butt
http://simfil.es/121278/ - object thats being fussy

In SimPE its got the transparency, it is a .png image that is on DXT3 and "none", same as its recolor, however in-game it looks like this:

what on earth am i suppose to do to rectify this?
i have used this tutorial as a guide to make sure id done it right: http://modthesims.info/t/102356

it looks fine in simpe, really, look:

halppppp

i also need to move the footprint to not be in the center so sims can pass through it but ill worry about that hoopla later. 1 step at a time.

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 12:04 AM Last edited by maxon : 2nd Oct 2016 at 8:46 PM.
OK - sounds good.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 12:55 AM
jk i edited the thread to be updated to match my current issue instead of making a whole new thread.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 1:29 AM Last edited by gh0stic : 2nd Oct 2016 at 5:19 AM.
ok, why are you so amazing? thank you so much, ill get right on this and see what happens.
also to whoever moved the thread, THANK YOU. i absolutely forgot when updating the thread. /embarrassed/

edit: ok so i tried the transparency thing and...this happened o_O
the entire thing is what seems to be transparent and not just the leaves

edit #3: fixed it, change "blend" back to none and it works fine now!

edit #4: the mesh and its recolors are working great! sims can pass under them no problem and is amazing. ill link the video of my testing with vidcund tomorrow. its late here and im p tired lol. thank you for your help HL!

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 4:26 AM
Yeah, tutorials don't mention that blend should be set to none if you've got 2 subsets sharing the same texture AND you don't want one of them to be transparent. So just keep that in mind for the future!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 5:20 AM
V helpful, thank you very much, ahhhhh this is going to be a BREEZE now that i know this information!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 11:17 PM
posting to declare slotting issues: i am following the tutorial in this thread: http://modthesims.info/t/387275
and ofc, OFC im missing the "Model Bone Names" in the very first step.

this object was not cloned from an object that is slotted because i originally was just going to use OMSP's to place objects but i wanted to try my hand at slotting because this object is slotted in TS4 so id like to try and replicate as much as i possibly can.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 11:53 PM
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 12:03 AM
I like doing things the hard way apparently. Clone an existing STR (usually Model - Names), change instance # to 90, delete anything in the first 2 lines, add my slots starting on the 3rd line. Is there a *good* reason to add one from another package?