Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 1:26 AM
Default Golem quest question
I'm supposed to be getting Diggory the Drunk one more drink, however I cannot get him to leave the throne room. When I invite him to the reception hall he says he's busy. It won't let me get him a drink from the reception hall. I did a pitcher, but there's no where to put it. How are you supposed to get him a drink?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 1:28 AM
Okay I found a table in the throne room, but it won't let me put the pitcher on it. The only option its giving me with the pitcher is clean up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 1:31 AM
haha nm I found a cask in the upstairs part of the throneroom, *face palm*
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 1:46 AM
And in any case, you can always buy a cask for whatever room he's in :-) TSM is very generous about letting you furnish ANY building, even if you're not playing one of the resident sims. You will be using the cash of whoever lives there though ;-)
Instructor
#5 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 6:03 AM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 4th Apr 2011 at 7:03 AM.
Diggory is annoying, and man, it's like he needs maybe five or six drinks? When I did this quest my blacksmith Geoffrey called him over to his house and started getting him drinks, but Diggory was trying to walk away after each, I had to have the wizard chat with him while Geoffrey was pouring another one to try to keep him in the house. In the end Geoffrey had to run outside chasing him with a goblet in his hand!

A side note about the Golem quest, when I started my next quest the "golems" were still wearing the disguise, so I shift-clicked on them to select them and make them change into their normal outfit (I like my butch blacksmith in his leather apron, hehe) but after a while it seemed to me that the other "golems" has returned to their normal state autonomously, after sleeping maybe.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Forum Resident
#6 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 9:12 AM
My bard was one of the golems, she was playing the lute at the training field and all the other golems where dancing to it. Those golem suits really are good for lots of laughs. Seeing one pee is also just funny.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 5:35 PM
I managed to save the golem "outfit" for my blacksmith by adding a new outfit. Unfortunately the sim came out of the quest with thier face all messed up after bneing de-golemed. Anyone else have that happen?
Scholar
#8 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 7:12 PM
I would love the Golem outfit as a permanent addition to CAS; if only there was someway of unlocking it
It's not a true fantasy kingdom without the odd one or two Golem running around with your elves, lol... a Golem blacksmith - nice

...Titanium white...
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:42 PM
Default Can't Amplify Dancing Potential, help please.
I'm having trouble injecting the second volunteer with dancing serum. It tells me that I need a better relationship with the sim, but everything I do just makes it worse. He seems to find me very boring.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something I'm missing? Does anyone know of a workaround or cheat that will help with this?
Instructor
#10 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:50 PM
With the "testing cheats" mod you can drag the relationship bar up, that should work.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 4:53 AM
I don't know about dragging bars, but shift-left-clicking on your volunteer and selecting "change relationship" then "Friend" should work.
Instructor
#12 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 6:11 AM
Yes, either way works.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by garghuul
I managed to save the golem "outfit" for my blacksmith by adding a new outfit. Unfortunately the sim came out of the quest with thier face all messed up after bneing de-golemed. Anyone else have that happen?

I just finished the Golem quest and, yes, my Blacksmith is totally disfigured! How do you return him/her to their natural state?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 7:47 AM
Happened to me also, the only way i found was to kill my blacksmith sending her in the pit or sliding her life bars to zero, then added her again (because i saved her and her clothes before) all the items owned by the 1st (like doomsword) are present in the inventory of my 2nd. In the end used the mod giving her again level 10^^
Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 6:11 PM Last edited by mflaha55 : 23rd Apr 2011 at 7:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Baiaana
Happened to me also, the only way i found was to kill my blacksmith sending her in the pit or sliding her life bars to zero, then added her again (because i saved her and her clothes before) all the items owned by the 1st (like doomsword) are present in the inventory of my 2nd. In the end used the mod giving her again level 10^^

I ended up killing off my Blacksmith. There is a message that all of their belongings are placed in storage and will be given to their successor when created, so you won't lose anything in your inventory, any furnishings you've added to their home or your skill level. All seemed to be transferred to my recreated Blacksmith (I, too, had saved all my heros when I created them).

Hugo (my Blacksmith) was tough to kill. I went to Free Time and had the Monarch send him to the pit. Wouldn't ya know, Hugo defeated the beast! Twice! I tried sliding his Hunger and Energy bars to zero. He just got really hungry and really tired! Then I figured three times is the charm, so I sent him to the pit again. This time, with low life bars, he finally died! I don't think I'll play the Golem quest again.

Edit: You WILL lose your level! I just checked and my new Blacksmith was back to level 1. You also lose all previous relationships! Inventory items and furnishings DID transfer over.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mflaha55
I ended up killing off my Blacksmith. There is a message that all of their belongings are placed in storage and will be given to their successor when created, so you won't lose anything in your inventory, any furnishings you've added to their home or your skill level. All seemed to be transferred to my recreated Blacksmith (I, too, had saved all my heros when I created them).

Hugo (my Blacksmith) was tough to kill. I went to Free Time and had the Monarch send him to the pit. Wouldn't ya know, Hugo defeated the beast! Twice! I tried sliding his Hunger and Energy bars to zero. He just got really hungry and really tired! Then I figured three times is the charm, so I sent him to the pit again. This time, with low life bars, he finally died! I don't think I'll play the Golem quest again.

I sent mine in the pit with the bars zeroed to be sure eheh it's sadwhen they won't die
Field Researcher
#17 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Baiaana
I sent mine in the pit with the bars zeroed to be sure eheh it's sadwhen they won't die

Well, Baiaana, I didn't tell the WHOLE story. After finally killing him off, I inadvertantly exited without saving! So, when I went back into the game, there he was in all of his disfigured glory! I had to kill him all over again! But now I'm an expert assassin! I lowered his vitals to zero and had him jump into the pit. He died on the first attempt!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mflaha55
Well, Baiaana, I didn't tell the WHOLE story. After finally killing him off, I inadvertantly exited without saving! So, when I went back into the game, there he was in all of his disfigured glory! I had to kill him all over again! But now I'm an expert assassin! I lowered his vitals to zero and had him jump into the pit. He died on the first attempt!

Bwuahahah! Damn he was so tought^^
But now you know how to kill a medieval sim for sure eheh :D
Field Researcher
#19 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 4:20 PM
Just a quick note. I replayed the Golem quest (had to reload an earlier save due to "technical difficulties" - My Blacksmith and Peteran Priestess disappeared from the game !!), and after the Wizard practiced the Golemify spell on the Blacksmith, I used Change Outfit to change the Blacksmith out of the Golem suit and back into his normal professional outfit. At the end of the quest, I wasn't stuck with the Blacksmith as a Golem, nor did I end up with a disfigured Hero which I had to kill off and start over again. He remained "normal" and retained all his inventory, leveling and relationships!