Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 9:54 PM
Default Exporting Sims 2/3 models to a 3D program
Hello Simmers!

First of all, I am very sorry if I post this question in the wrong place and if it has been asked before. I've tried to search and didnt find anything that could help me, so I put this thread up here.

My friend and I made a very... special family in The Sims 2 which had evovled into a fun inside story between me and her and we would love to fool around in, i.e. Garry's Mod, and do some funny animations and such. Because these simmies are quite special (let us say that we really fucked up the meshes pretty hard, but it was fun), we'd like to keep their "unique" looks in our little project, rather than recreate it in a 3D program from scratch. We did create them in The Sims 3 too, but it just isnt the same because the sliders doesnt work the same way and the graphics are better, but if The Sims 3 is better/easier to export 3D models from, then we'd have to use them instead.

have any of you had experience with this before in any way or know a way where you can do it? Like I said, we'd like the exact models (especially their faces and hair, we could probably live without the clothes, but still)
I have personal experience with 3Ds Max before, but I have no clue on how to even put in the models from the game and into that program.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! ;D