Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 7:50 PM Last edited by Impatiens : 22nd Apr 2011 at 8:01 PM.
Default Can't perform any self interactions with my monarch
I can shift click on her with testingcheats enabled and have that menu come up, but there is nothing when I click on her normally for self interactions (change clothes, call for food, etc). I recently started this kingdom so I only have one other hero right now, the Knight, and she does not have this problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution or am I going to need to go back to an earlier save where she was working fine? Unfortunately the last save where she was working fine was before I created my Knight and I forgot to save my Knight in the Sim bin so I'll have to redo her as best I can if that is the case
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 8:02 PM
Can't perform when it comes to self interactions, huh.

<- Is with stupid today (blame it on spending the whole holidays at home studying).

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 8:13 PM
I have the opposite with me I can't Shoft click on my king
Even with the testingcheats enabled
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 6:02 AM
Default I've been having the same problem too
Quote: Originally posted by Impatiens
I can shift click on her with testingcheats enabled and have that menu come up, but there is nothing when I click on her normally for self interactions (change clothes, call for food, etc). I recently started this kingdom so I only have one other hero right now, the Knight, and she does not have this problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution or am I going to need to go back to an earlier save where she was working fine? Unfortunately the last save where she was working fine was before I created my Knight and I forgot to save my Knight in the Sim bin so I'll have to redo her as best I can if that is the case

But I have this on and off with my sorceress. Sometimes, even when I go back to a previous save she still will be frozen and cannot interact with anyone else, either. She can interact fine with objects, just not with people or herself. But for some odd reason, after a day or two I open up the same save again and she works just fine. So yeah, I thought it was just my system being weird... I really have no idea why this happens either.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ssoot
But I have this on and off with my sorceress. Sometimes, even when I go back to a previous save she still will be frozen and cannot interact with anyone else, either. She can interact fine with objects, just not with people or herself. But for some odd reason, after a day or two I open up the same save again and she works just fine. So yeah, I thought it was just my system being weird... I really have no idea why this happens either.

I went back to a previous save and she did work there. I hadn't gotten very far with this kingdom yet so I just started over from that. When it first happened I thought it would go away if I quit and came back to the game because a lot of other little glitches I've had went away when I restarted, but this one was persistent and very annoying. Wish I had any idea what caused it!
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 1:10 AM
Default Just a thought, but
I went back to a previous save and she did work there. I hadn't gotten very far with this kingdom yet so I just started over from that. When it first happened I thought it would go away if I quit and came back to the game because a lot of other little glitches I've had went away when I restarted, but this one was persistent and very annoying. Wish I had any idea what caused it!

Did you:
Use the multi-profession mod or edit in CAS mod by any chance? The only thing I can think of was that this did not happen before the multi-profession mod. But it also might just be a game glitch.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ssoot
Did you:
Use the multi-profession mod or edit in CAS mod by any chance? The only thing I can think of was that this did not happen before the multi-profession mod. But it also might just be a game glitch.

I did edit in CAS to change her eyes back to light green after getting the stupid blue eye bug, but I haven't done anything with multi-professions.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 2:14 AM
I did edit in CAS to change her eyes back to light green after getting the stupid blue eye bug, but I haven't done anything with multi-professions.

It happened to me once, I edited my spy while he was doing something, then self click got disabled and he had numbers as his religion.
I'm not entirely sure it's efficient (or even related), but I now make sure all sims stand still before I edit them in CAS, it's working so far.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 4:19 PM
Prior to the profession change mod my spy's 'spy' menu vanished. She couldn't pickpocket, etc. After I got the mod, I right-clicked, changed her to a merchant, then changed her back to spy and the menu came back. EA has borked something somewhere and switching jobs and then returning them seems to work.