Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 2:37 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 29th Mar 2012 at 3:03 PM.
Default Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in The Sims 3: Katy Perry Sweet Temptation
I'm not really sure what to make of this... I don't know, I like the Giant Cake lot...
Discuss while I update the list. ^_^

Welcome to Candyfornia!
(or as close as EA would allow themselves to go in a SP, so we get a few lots - enjoy)

---------------------------------------------------------
Indulge your Sims with the vibrant style of Katy Perry. The Sims ™ 3 Katy Perry Sweet Temptation contains a variety of decorative elements, furniture and fabulous outfits and hairstyles, all inspired by models and actual props Katy, who added a touch sweet and fun to the lives of your Sims.
---------------------------------------------------------

This SP is similar to:
-Showtime
-Family Fun Stuff

Furniture Style(s):
-Candy
-Food

Clothing Styles(s):
-Candy
-Food

Buy:
-Icecream + Lollipop Single Bed (Food+Candy)
-Ice Cream Couch (Food)
-Ice Cream Sundae Couch (Food)
-Cupcake Covered Bench (Food)
-Peppermint Barstool (Candy)

-End Table (Candy)

-Ice Cream Arcade Machine (Food)

-Cupcake Guitar (Food)

-Waterslide (Food)

-Ice Cream Wall Lamp (Food)

-Lollipop house plant (?) (Candy)
-Pictures of Food (Food)
-Normal {as far as I can tell} Curtains (Other)
-Candy Mirror (Candy)
-Fountain (Candy)
-Ice Cream Wall Thing (Food)

-Candy Bookcase (Candy)

Build:
-Door (Candy)
-Candle Columns (other)

-Cotton Candy Tree (Food) NOT EDIBLE
-Candy Tree (Food) NOT EDIBLE

Create-A-Sim:
Female:
-Katy Perry Tee (Other)
-A Large Dress (Food)
-Candy Bushes (Food)

-Hair With Heart (Other)

Pre-fab Bin Lots:
-Hangout
-Pool
-Park

Misc.:
-Simlish Version of T.G.I.F.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 3:44 PM
So... who's ready to make a non-functional ice cream shop...

Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
So... who's ready to make a non-functional ice cream shop...

That's what I was thinking seeing all these icecream themed furniture. Guess they'll have to settle for ugly looking icecream cans from the fridge.

Quote:
-Cotton Candy Tree (Food) NOT EDIBLE
-Candy Tree (Food) NOT EDIBLE

Are those trees decorative? I don't really understand the part about the not edible food.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 4:00 PM
It makes me sad to think some people will actually buy this.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 4:05 PM
This will be the first stuff pack ever that I won't even feel tempted to buy.
I have absolutely no use for this kind of stuff.
Alchemist
#6 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 4:12 PM
You have the CAS stuff right under the trees, so at first I read 'Katy Perry Tee' as 'Katy Perry Tree' and I got excited about harvesting and consuming my Katy Perry crop.
Alchemist
#7 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
It makes me sad to think some people will actually buy this.

Same here. I mean, come on... Why would ANYONE want ANY of that stuff clogging up their in-game catalogs?

Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura

Are those trees decorative? I don't really understand the part about the not edible food.

Think SHT's banana tree, only you can't even harvest this absurd looking thing. (I actually have no idea.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 4:31 PM
It's a tree made of cotton candy. To add insult to injury, there is no way to actually take the cotton candy off the tree, or that of the candy tree.

I would love to know how hard it is to add registers with specific kinds of goods in them. A candy store would be great, or ice cream shop (in addition to the truck), or magazine (rather than books), etc.

I don't want to decorate an entire shop for ice cream, just so Sims can order Hamburgers... or design a toy shop, just for it to sell misc. good. Not very sandbox. :/

Inventor
#9 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 4:57 PM
Far out, man, far out.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 5:04 PM
It's a tree made of cotton candy. To add insult to injury, there is no way to actually take the cotton candy off the tree, or that of the candy tree.

I would love to know how hard it is to add registers with specific kinds of goods in them. A candy store would be great, or ice cream shop (in addition to the truck), or magazine (rather than books), etc.

I don't want to decorate an entire shop for ice cream, just so Sims can order Hamburgers... or design a toy shop, just for it to sell misc. good. Not very sandbox. :/

So, those trees are actually decorative. Not really surprised seeing as this is only a SP. As for the registers, I think we could just buy only the things that we want and pretend that the shop is selling only that type of goods. Though I think I'd like a stockable register more.
Instructor
#11 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 5:09 PM
..Eeeww.
I wouldn't install this one if it was free.

I don't really understand EA... I can't imagine many people actually liking this enough to buy it. Though I'm sure some people will buy it just because it has "Katy Perry" stamped on it.
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 5:11 PM

Well, you could use Ani's Mod here to make your own. Around the sims used it to make a functional Bakery, so I don't see why it wouldn't work in this situation.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StardustX
..Eeeww.
I wouldn't install this one if it was free.

I don't really understand EA... I can't imagine many people actually liking this enough to buy it. Though I'm sure some people will buy it just because it has "Katy Perry" stamped on it.

I think it will appeal mostly to people with a sweet tooth rather than to Katy Perry fans.
One Minute Ninja'd
#14 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 5:33 PM
If this is an example of the kind of work EA is going to try and peddle, I have a feeling any future EPs may not be on my must buy list.

The only winner with this SP is Katy. I'm sure she's been paid. Although if I were her, I wouldn't count on the royalties from sales buying her a new fruit outfit IRL.
Scholar
#15 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 5:34 PM
Candyland.....no thank you!
Instructor
#16 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 5:50 PM
Really EA? i thought the next SP would be Teen Stuff O.o....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeathByBeingStoned
Well, you could use Ani's Mod here to make your own. Around the sims used it to make a functional Bakery, so I don't see why it wouldn't work in this situation.

Why should I have to resort to mods for something that EA could EASILY do? I mean it's really easy to do. Not everyone want to use mods, you know. I use them, and I have used the Register mods (will not try the bakery mod any time soon), but I shouldn't be relying on the community for simple stuff.

Quote: Originally posted by purexevil666

It take, for whatever reason, 6 months to a year to make a stuff pack. The poll was released this past week.

*Cue math*

Instructor
#18 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 6:06 PM

It take, for whatever reason, 6 months to a year to make a stuff pack. The poll was released this past week.

*Cue math*

SIX MONTHS? no i don't think it would take THAT long O_O. So if the teen SP isn't the next one then we'd have to wait for it after the magic EP? ._.
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 6:14 PM
Why should I have to resort to mods for something that EA could EASILY do? I mean it's really easy to do. Not everyone want to use mods, you know.

Because they've been failing their consumer base for awhile now. Also I am indeed perfectly aware that no every one plays with mods or CC, it was a simple suggestion.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 7:31 PM
I've said this a few times - when years pass, mods will be forgotten. I don't care how deeply you are involved with the modding scene, mods will eventually be forgot. Digging up a mod for ice cream 20 years from now, when I want to sink back into the Sims 3 will be annoying. Rarely will someone go through the trouble. It should come prepackaged in the game - this is simple stuff, too.

Field Researcher
#21 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 7:50 PM
I might get diabetes if I'll buy this, so no thank you, I'll pass on this useless candy bacchanalia.

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Forum Resident
#22 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 8:06 PM
Can't believe no one's mentioned this part but...

To add insult to injury, it appears that the new SP will cost ten dollars more than normal!

So it's not bad enough that we're getting a lot of candy/ice cream themed junk -- none of which will assist in creating working candy or ice cream shops -- but we also have to pay more for this CP (crap pack) we don't want?

Hurray! I'm soooooo glad Katy Perry partnered with EA. Aren't you?

Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by purexevil666

This is what teens are into nowadays... :P
Mad Poster
#24 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 8:53 PM
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#25 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyLollerskates
This is what teens are into nowadays... :P

That just makes me feel like EA is even more disconnected with Simmers than what they probably are.

"Heeey, kids! Wanna have far-out, tubular adventure! It's the bee's knees, for shizzle, dawg! It's gnarly up in here! We're going to raise the roof on fire! Word up! Shwiiiing! Who let the dogs out? I'm tootally hip with the kids these days!"

The Sims is played by people who are beyond their teen and pre-teens. EA should be more mindful of that.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Page 1 of 15