Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 10:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sim missing from CAH, available on Edit Town
I'm assembling my most ambitious household yet but when I went to go put all my sims together, one of them wasn't there. But he was there on the list of sims I can put into the town! Why wouldn't he show up among the sims I could make a house with? And no, I didn't place him as a solo sim either.

In the enclosed pic you can see him in all his scuzzy glory. Please help me move this slob into a house with people far more upstanding...or at least more responsible than him!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 1:14 PM
I don't think that I fully understand. He wasn't where? Where is he supposed to be? He shows in your household bin, meaning he is in the folder called "Library" in your user files. You want him as a Sim in the CAS screen, in which you make Sims?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 6:58 PM
I think they wanted him to appear in CAS so he could be edited before placing him. However, It looks as if he were downloaded as maybe a library sim? or something..........Anyway, Just place him where you want him and then take him into CAS and make whatever changes you need.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 8:51 PM
No I made him myself. But I saved him individually to perhaps place him as a townie in some of my other saves. When I went to go start a new file and set up the active house, he wasn't available as an option to select even though he's clearly still there. He isn't in my Saved Sims folder either.
Site Helper
#5 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 9:15 PM
Ok, so we don't seem to be following you...

Is this, perhaps, what happened?

You started a game, and made that sim in CAS.
You went into town with that sim as an individual household, so that you could place him individually later.
You went back into CAS to make a new household including that sim. That sim was no longer visible in CAS to create a household with.

If that is the case, the sim was never saved to the CAS sim bin. Put the sim onto a lot (any lot, in any world) and find a mirror. Click the mirror and Change Appearance. (Or use Edit in CAS from Master Controller, and skip the mirror.)

Now you can find an option on the icon of the sim's face to "save sim to bin. " That is what you want to use if you want to keep him available to add to a household in CAS.

Or you can just make the rest of the household, add it to the world, then use Edit Town to merge him with the household. You may need to fiddle with Master Controller to repair family ties, though.

Edit: For "CAS" read "CAH." Most of us got so used to it being called Create-A-Sim that we're stuck. It's like my great-aunt who used to give directions like "it's 5 miles past the Grange hall that burned down 20 years ago."

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 9:34 PM
Wait, then how is he in the selectable households if he wasn't saved? That's what happened but he had to have been saved somehow.
Site Helper
#7 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 9:50 PM
There are two places where a sim can be saved.

You can save the sim in CAS, without putting the sim into a game at all. I have several sims I've saved there without ever using them, or even naming them. This is where you find the sim in order to make a household in CAS. And this is where your sim was not saved.

There is also the sim bin in the game, where any sim who was put into a world is saved. This is where your sim is currently saved.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 11:05 PM
That's weird. Though that would explain why a lot of the sims I designed to be random townies don't show up in there. I got him now though so thank you!

...now I have a different issue and can't make the house as big as I want even though I'm within the limit of how many I can have, but that's a different issue.