Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 3:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Digital Fishiness Wall Display from Late Night(?) freezes game in Buy Mode
Hello. I have a problem. I'm trying to build a lot on my Edit Town mode and I went into Buy Mode on the lot. I can select and place other objects fine, but when I try to select the Digital Fishiness Wall Display, my game freezes and won't unfreeze. I've tried to select it at least 3 times, once with custom content and twice with all custom content disabled via the launcher (though that ticking box doesn't appear to disable mod scripts however as I still get notes about mod scripts being found when I start up the game) and every time when I try to select it, my game freezes and the only way to shut it down is via my computer's task manager. This is really annoying because The Sims 3 takes ages to load on my computer and I don't want to have to restart the game every time I click on the Fishiness Wall Display, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I'm pretty sure the Fishiness Wall Display is from Late Night and not some custom content, but I'm not sure since some custom contents still seem to show up for some reason even with the "No custom contents" box ticked in the launcher. If it's custom content, then I apologize as I didn't know and I'll just delete it, but if its an actual game item, the freezing is really annoying and shouldn't happen, so I still need some help please. Thanks.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 6:46 AM
I believe that fish tank did come with Late Night, it's not custom content. It's no help to you at all, but I wanted to let you know that the fish tanks are working fine in my game, I have 2 in the world I'm currently playing. I built both of the lots they're included with. Have you tried saving the lot to the library and working on it in a clean town, rather than in your regular game save?
Site Helper
#3 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 4:45 PM
If it's still finding some CC, including scripts, you haven't temporarily moved your Mods out and cleared caches. The Launcher doesn't handle those at all. You have to manually move them. (Or just move the resource.cfg. and clear the caches. Without that the game can't read CC packages, so removing it usually works. Don't actually delete it, though. You're going to want to put it back when you've finished testing without it.)

You might still have a package based item that is conflicting with it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LeeAlee
I believe that fish tank did come with Late Night, it's not custom content. It's no help to you at all, but I wanted to let you know that the fish tanks are working fine in my game, I have 2 in the world I'm currently playing. I built both of the lots they're included with. Have you tried saving the lot to the library and working on it in a clean town, rather than in your regular game save?

I was doing it on a "New Game" file each time and in Appaloosa Plains, so not a custom world or anything. But thanks for confirming to me that's its not custom content.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If it's still finding some CC, including scripts, you haven't temporarily moved your Mods out and cleared caches. The Launcher doesn't handle those at all. You have to manually move them. (Or just move the resource.cfg. and clear the caches. Without that the game can't read CC packages, so removing it usually works. Don't actually delete it, though. You're going to want to put it back when you've finished testing without it.)

You might still have a package based item that is conflicting with it.

I have over 500 packages file mods that I've downloaded over the years, so it would take me forever to move them all somewhere else. Removing the resources thing might work, but that wouldn't get rid of my custom contents permanently or mess with how the game runs, would it? Also, how do I clear caches? Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 1:00 AM Last edited by barbarat : 22nd Dec 2016 at 2:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by caninesrock
I have over 500 packages file mods that I've downloaded over the years, so it would take me forever to move them all somewhere else. Removing the resources thing might work, but that wouldn't get rid of my custom contents permanently or mess with how the game runs, would it? Also, how do I clear caches? Thanks.

You do not need to move the mods out individually. Cut and Paste your Mods folder to your desktop.

Cache Files that can be deleted:
(They will be re-created when you start a new game)
CasPartCache.package - CAS parts that appear in Create-A-Sim
compositorCache.package - Objects that appear in Build/Buy Mode
scriptCache.package - Mods or Hacks
simCompositorCache.package - New Sims and Default Skins
socialCache.package - Simport and other social data (Introduced with Patch 1.31)

My apology. I just realized I never mentioned where those cache file are: They are in The Sims 3 Game folder at the bottom.

Or you could use Delphy's Dashboard.