Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 5:48 AM
Default Three-bedroom condo
I'm trying to build a 'military base' subhood with married quarters that resemble those I grew up in, mostly three-bedroom semi-detached houses with a garden - something similar to the Dynamic Duplex but with a third bedroom (garage optional; we had on-street parking but that doesn't work for Sims!). Does anybody know of anything that might fit? I know the Ocean View and Corner Condominiums include a couple of three-bedroom apartments, but the private outdoor space is tiny and they don't have the front door facing the street.

Alternatively, are there any idiot-proof instructions on how to make apartments? I tried, but the game didn't seem to recognize that I had two apartments on the lot rather than one house.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 6:16 AM
Apartments need the apartment door and any other door going outside must be fully fenced in to also count as a 'room' of the house. You can put up a picture here and I can take a look at it. There can be no split stairs inside and no fence edging.

Also can you show a picture of the type of house you are after.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 1:25 AM
I did it! I was missing the "changelotzoning apartmentbase' cheat! Thanks, Jo.