Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Creeperkid75
If only Tarlia could email them to me or something that would be helpful, I would ask but I can't here and I'm not on tumblr.

But she would still send you a .rar...so if you cannot open them, it won't be better.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 12:31 AM
If you can download the files, but can't open them - have you tried to do "open with..." and choosing a program?

Just to clarify - are you having troubles opening the files after downloading them, or having troubles downloading them from Mediafire, or both?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you can download the files, but can't open them - have you tried to do "open with..." and choosing a program?

Just to clarify - are you having troubles opening the files after downloading them, or having troubles downloading them from Mediafire, or both?
After the .rar download's no program can open them at all, not WinZIP not WinRAR not 7zip nothing, someone really needs to get permission from Tarlia to upload them to mod the sims, when I download from here it actually works.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
But she would still send you a .rar...so if you cannot open them, it won't be better.
I can open .rar's it's just Tarlia's .rar's that I can't open.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 1:57 AM
Maybe your computer doesn't recognize the file type for some reason. Try right-click and choose "open with", then go to "choose default program", and find Winrar.

Also check to see if the file is a rar file. Go to properties and see ifthe file type says (.rar)

Occasionally, files will get corrupted if the download is very slow or if the box for saving the file is very slow, or if something else is causing it to not get downloaded properly. If the filetype says ".fil" or something like it, try to change this to ".rar". This can in some cases fix the file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 2:34 AM
Maybe your computer doesn't recognize the file type for some reason. Try right-click and choose "open with", then go to "choose default program", and find Winrar.

Also check to see if the file is a rar file. Go to properties and see ifthe file type says (.rar)

Occasionally, files will get corrupted if the download is very slow or if the box for saving the file is very slow, or if something else is causing it to not get downloaded properly. If the filetype says ".fil" or something like it, try to change this to ".rar". This can in some cases fix the file.
My pc recognizes .rar's it's just these .rar's I can't open, is there a way I could post a screenshot of my problem?
Mad Poster
#31 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 2:41 AM
Do you have a screenshot? If so, you can probably use MTS' own picture host, http://www.modyourpanties.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 3:41 AM
Do you have a screenshot? If so, you can probably use MTS' own picture host, http://www.modyourpanties.com/
I've got some work to do and then I'm going to bed, but I will upload the screenshot sometime tomorrow.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:08 AM
When downloading files I've used to wait until download is totally complete (and a bit more) before taking any actions (closing the window and opening the file)
I had bad experience to get borked file because I didn't have patience.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#34 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 1:05 PM
It does sound like the file is being corrupted during the download - possibly because of a craptacular internet connection. You might want to try using a download manager; I can recommend DownThemAll! for Firefox as a very good one. Install it, then when you're downloading the file, instead of clicking Save, click Download with DownThemAll!. DTA will watch the file download to make sure it completes, and if it fails or doesn't complete, DTA can usually reconnect and download the rest. I used it a lot when I was on the world's worst wifi.

I don't know for sure that DTA will work with mediafire - MF may have implemented stuff to stop people using download managers. But it's worth a shot!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Page 2 of 2