Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 9:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Floor texture blurry, but sims and objects are ok?
First I want to say that I looked everywhere I could to find an answer to this, and of course I didn't.

So, I bought a new laptop about a month ago, and I know it doesn't have the required specifications (below) to run the game, and for regular gameplay I put my game on low graphics settings (only sim details are high and textures are medium and the advanced rendering is on, the rest are all on low), and for taking sims and CC pics I change those settings for high.

When I was trying to take some pics of a sim, I noticed that the floor tiles texture gone blurry when looked from a certain angle, but all the textures of my sim were like they should be. I knew that this was the anisotropic filtering and then I quit from the game and changed the settings on my graphic card to a higher one. I opened the game again, and the floor was still blurry, and my sim ok. I spent about one hour with high graphic settings, and the sim texture kept the same. I even tried to set the anisotropic filtering until x16, and the floor was still blurry.

So, what I'm doing of wrong?

I'm bad at finding CC on my own
My simblr
I'm shy and so I might take longer to reply you '-'
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 1:48 AM
Oh damn At least is nothing serious...

Thanks for your help ^^

I'm bad at finding CC on my own
My simblr
I'm shy and so I might take longer to reply you '-'
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 3:19 AM
I use Anisotropic Filtering 8x for TS3 but I have a dedicated graphics card. All my settings are maxed out except High Detail Lots. At some angles, yes the floor/ground/grass can look blurry but as you already mentioned Anisotropic Filtering is the setting to go to when you want crispness in the textures. While I have an integrated Intel HD card, I don't use it so I wouldn't know what can and cannot be done with TS3. But sometimes if you search, someone may have a workaround/solution.