Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 9:20 AM
cascading ccshow command facility ? Random though during a rainy day...
will it worth to have a common ccmod.check debug command that will show all the active mods ?

Each willing mod will register to the command and display a basic info when someone type the command in the cheat window:
ccshow
mode xxxxx activated.
mode yyyyy activated..

and so forth ?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 11:15 AM
Hm, not sure how this would be more useful than the existing Mods dialog?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Deceased
#3 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 4:24 PM
I had considered doing something like this for my script mods, but it just adds a dependency that most users would never bother to install or, perhaps more importantly, update. If you include the mod function in every mod then only the one that gets loaded first (or last, never been quite sure about that) would be the one that runs, so if that mod hasn't been updated it would run the old common script.

It also would require all mods to have a startup hook to register with the mod tracker service (or MTS as I was thinking of calling it) and would only work with script mods as well unless a custom tuning class were added that package mods could use to register - which again is a dependency, if that core mod isn't loaded then that tuning in a package will throw a bunch of errors. There's just so many little details that would have to be done right from the start, and I just terminated the whole line of thought.

There could be some useful features in it though, like mod version number checks, update location URLs, etc. So I'd be willing to engage in dialog about it if other mod authors are interested.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 7:04 PM
I surely am interested in a MTS Framework of that kind obviously. I know the design would not be easy but the result should be good for the users and us.
I suppose once few of us will use the framework, more will come...

We can open a separate thread to discuss about the framework if you wish...

Some ideas:

debug option, -> activate or not a log file,
activation message
configuration files
startup events...
Deceased
#5 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sachamagne
Some ideas:

debug option, -> activate or not a log file,
activation message
configuration files
startup events...

Mod home page (maybe even launch the browser to the URL, or even an update checker)