Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 5:27 AM
Default TESTERS WANTED: The Remaining Disney Princesses
I am seeking helpto finishing up my fiarytale disney collection. I have all of these dresseale disney collection. I have all of these dresses/outfits finished and needed some extra feedback to make sure they appear properly in game as some were having trouble before.
Here we have outfits from the movies Hunchback of Notre Dame, Brave, Snow White, Cinderella and Princess and the Frog.
I am pretty eager to share these with the community and would appreciate any sort of testing or help in completing these to make sure they show up properly.
Thank you so much in advance

Note: These outfits work best on high graphic settings. However I would also like feedback on how they are on multiple settings.

Although I do not run my game on laptop mode (The hair I downloaded for Merida on another website won't work properly on laptop mode) The outfits themselves should work on laptop mode.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Testers Only.rar (8.73 MB, 400 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 10:28 AM
Hi Mickey, only have a few minutes to spare so just gave these a quick test just to spot the most noticeable problems.

In the below pic, the white collar is clipping into the blue shoulders of the dress, and from the back view the sim's hair clips straight through the collar (although the back view will of course be OK if your sim will always be wearing her hair up when wearing this dress), and also, there is the outline of panties clearly visible through the skirt, which is probably not the look you wanted! In the second dress in that pic, there are seams all around the neck, plus a strange white triangle on the neck. The skirt of the dress clips through the scarf mesh in various places.

Below, there's too much specular on the first 3 items, giving striped artefacting, the men's top has mesh problems at the shoulders and armpits, the men's skirt has something weird going on at the ankles, and the dress on the right has weird sleeves. I'm guessing you were going for a long pointy cuff look, but it would be better to not do it by just stretching the mesh and texture to an extreme. Maybe re-UVmap the sleeves so that their texture isn't stretched to bits and see how that looks? Also maybe the cuffs should slope down some so that they don't look like they're defying gravity.

Below, the mesh of the cape and the shoulders of the shirt are split in various places and the back of the cape looks like it has a normals problem:

In-game, some of the mesh parts disappear when zooming out, such as Quasimodo's hump, the shoulders of the men's yellow pointy-shouldered top, and the scarf on the purple skirt:

Hope someone else will be able to come along and give more feedback, but all things considered it looks like you've made an impressive set of clothes that just need a few flaws sorted out. Good luck!
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 11:02 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 23rd Jul 2015 at 12:33 PM.
Here are some screenshots from my CAS.

I believe the panties being visible on the yellow one is because it uses the bumpmap from some underwear .. IIRC I made a screensshot (that I forgot to save =P) where the underwear outlines are clearly visible on the back.

Hair clipping through the collar is going to be unavoidable, I believe (or what do you say, @Esmeralda? I noticed that Maxis hair is usually also clipping through Maxis collars like on hoodies and stuff like that .. it morphs with the body but not with the clothes) -- but if you make it for a particular sim who is wearing their hair up anyway, that's not really problematic I think. The collar is also detaching from the body though.

Your meshes tend to eat the sims' shoes no matter what their bodyshape is. The last pic is taken with both sliders in/near the average.

ETA:
CinderellaClassicDress.package -- has a value "Caucasian" for OutfitCategory, which is not valid. They are also all enabled for random ..; is that on purpose? And they have pretty weird flags sometimes, like ContemporaryBasic and Hipster. Not sure that is how it's meant to be.

Also in the new CASTools preview it becomes pretty obvious (much easier to see than in CAS) that the mesh for at least one of the clothes does not fit the texture resp. the other way around .. the mesh has a decolletée where the texture does not.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 2:20 PM
Yikes, I didn't try using the sliders... So it looks like you've got some morphing issues on your hands here, too. I know nothing about body morphs, have never dealt with them, but AFAIK I think they're not easy (or maybe not even possible) to fix once broken. You might need to post in CAS Parts and get Cmar's advice on that, unless plasticbox is morph-knowledgeable. Otherwise, if your sims gain or lose weight or muscle in-game, these clothes are going to split all over the place.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 3:02 PM
Thank you guys for your help! Most of the problems are easily fixable with remapping and other adjustments. However I don't know their first thing about morphing. I might just put these away for a while and come back
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mickeymouse254
Thank you guys for your help! Most of the problems are easily fixable with remapping and other adjustments. However I don't know their first thing about morphing. I might just put these away for a while and come back

Bolding added by me. I'm going to have to disagree with that part. Clothing isn't my thing but I do make new object meshes. If any of my meshes had the problems noted here with your clothing, they wouldn't be that easily fixed. Remapping works wonders when the mesh doesn't fit the texture and it's true that remapping can fix some problems. But when you've got problems with normals, speculars, bump maps, gaps in the meshes, parts of the mesh clipping through other parts of the mesh.. those problems aren't all that easily fixed.
Your biggest problem is the morphs. And since you don't know how to do those I'm not seeing how any of these can be fixed. Sofa cushions that don't morph (so they move when sims sit down for example) aren't that big of a problem. Clothing that doesn't morph IS a big problem.

I DO admire your enthusiasm. (Wish I had some of it! Mine done went on vacation and won't come back, lol.) I just think you need to slow down and learn how to do the things you want to do properly. There are plenty of tutorials available - they might not all be for TS4 but a lot of them (mapping for example) can be applied to TS4 creating. And there ARE people willing to help those that are willing to learn. My advice would be to pick one thing to work on - get that one thing perfected before you go on to another. If you need to start over, start over. Believe me when I say that I've scrapped a lot of meshes (and textures) to redo them because I learned how to do something in a better way and all that starting over tends to make what you learned stick with you. Which makes it easier to make something new.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 5:15 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 23rd Jul 2015 at 5:40 PM.
The OP might be right re. the morphiing -- fixing wrong morphs might not be all that complicated. Cmar recently explained that a little to me -- CASTools has an option (Set Vertex Colour, in the Mesh manager tab) that if IIRC basically resets the morphing and/or stitch data to a standard for top, body, bottom etc (whichever value one chooses there) .. that should be worth trying.

I've also borked the morphs on my own stuff a few times and was able to fix it again, but that was a different kind of bork. I believe the leg breaking and shoe eating might be due to a wrong region map? That would be fixable too.

Broken seams at the bottom of the skirt part (like on the yellow dresses) can also be caused by different weights on each sides of the seam, or verticed not being welded (i.e. that is not necessarily a morphing issue). You *can* weld them without problems, you only have to make sure not to weld across different UV map islands. The game cannot deal with that.

I agree it might be a good idea to post in Create > CAS with this kind of technical issue; that is beyond the scope of what Feedback is for (and also more useful, since others with similar issues will probably see threads more easily when they are in CAS Parts).

What is not so easy is things like the decolleté -- that will require actual re-meshing (or retexturing); that is not "just" a technical task.

If you are using CASTools remember to check for updates in post #1 -- there have been a lot of them in the last two or three weeks and they were sometimes not announced very loudly =P.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.