Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 5:46 AM
Default Problem: cheat "buy on this lot" uses household funds
I used to love using the testing cheat of shift-clicking and buying on current lot (community and otherwise) so I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of editing the town or evicting several households just to add cribs and whatnot to the houses.

It probably came with a patch, but I've noticed lately that it uses up my own household funds when I purchase things for lots NOT belonging to my active family. This is a problem, because I often play poorer households, and I can't afford to lose money constantly like that. Now, I have to go the long way once again and Edit Town.

Is there a mod or something that can stop this? I'd really like to be able to buy on lots, just for the convenience of quickly modifying, so I can get back to playing again like I used to. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 6:49 AM Last edited by LucyBorgia : 24th Sep 2014 at 6:59 AM.
Personally, I like the fact that it uses my household funds as I most often use the Nothing in life is free challenge rules, & it has to be my money that pays for everything. I do appreciate that it isn't appropriate to your game play though :-).

What I do if I don't want to use my funds is note down my household's funds before I start alterations, then use the family funds cheat to set it back to what it was before I used it to add cots to the neighbours' houses. (With testing cheats enabled on, which you already have to use 'buy on this lot', open the cheat panel again & enter familyfunds (your household name as it appears in edit town) (numerals for the desired amount of money), without the brackets. It's also handy in that you can use motherlode or kaching to have the funds for the alterations before putting your funds back to what they should be. Be careful with that though, if you've got any Sims in the household with money wishes/life time wishes ;-)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:47 AM
With AwesomeMod you won't be charged if you use the cheat on community lots or empty residential lots. It will still charge you if you use it in other Sims' homes, though.
But AwesomeMod is a core mod. I wouldn't install it just for that.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 8:05 PM
You can also easily add the family funds back in using Master Controller.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 9:36 PM
I'd just toss in Awesomemod. The worst part of AM was the constant need to update, or deactivate it's timestamp. But with the Sims 3 finalized, you can just add it, configure it, and forget it...and it adds other useful features.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 8:03 PM
Thanks for the tips, everyone.

I was just hoping that there was a mod or something that could fix this, though. I play a very social game, and constantly have to buy cribs, beds, pet bowls and the like when visiting other Sims who've expanded their own family with children or pets. It's a little annoying to have to note down my household funds and switch it back every single time, since I "fix" things all over the neighbourhood constantly.

Also: Awesomemod is a core mod, isn't it? I had problems trying to figure it out in the past. Hopefully, I'll find a simple solution eventually.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by max4love
Thanks for the tips, everyone.
Also: Awesomemod is a core mod, isn't it? I had problems trying to figure it out in the past. Hopefully, I'll find a simple solution eventually.

It is and Here Is More Information for you.