Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#1976 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 7:03 AM
My crush bought me a bag of chockie chippie cookies (chocolate chip) as a late Christmas present.

My response was a good ol' yelling of the phrase 'MINE!' before grabbing them and dashing to another room.
Advertisement
Instructor
#1977 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 7:53 PM
Eating that bagel that I just had.
Mad Poster
#1978 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 5:28 AM
Got home from Christmas today, and when I was putting things away, I ran out of space on my bookshelves and in my liquor cabinet- I'd say that's a sign of a pretty successful holiday!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#1979 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 2:37 AM
Spending my Monday with my mother.

At the department store, I helped her find paper towels, as half of one aisle was toilet paper and the other was paper towels, with the walls of the shelves stuck back to back.

At the bookstore, mom couldn't find the crochet book and she was about to smack me silly if I didn't stop saying in an old Southern gentleman's voice "If you're looking for the Dummy books, they're that way" and my personal practice sentence in said voice " If you'd like to use our services, have a word with my wife" Think Foghorn Leghorn, but not as obnoxiously loud and that was the voice

At the craft store, I struck up a conversation with a new father, who had a little girl named Kiana and when my mom heard about it, she said " You definitely have grandma's gift of gab".

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#1980 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 4:52 PM
I was convinced that today would be Saturday and was all geared toward that (with Saturday chores lined up and started), then realized as I got dressed that it might not be Saturday. I thought my vacation seemed short. Woot! An extra day !

And I'm getting so much done!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Inventor
#1981 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 5:22 PM
wasted £30 on a tattoo, today. its a purple treble clef.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Instructor
#1982 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 11:49 PM
Went shopping today with my gift cards I got yesterday from my birth mother. Since it's after Christmas, everything at H&M was super cheap. I got a lot of nice stuff with a good amount of money still left over!
I also finally got this pair of shoes (for $12, mind you,) that I've been coveting at Payless for weeks now. You could say I'm in a great mood. :~)
Field Researcher
#1983 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 1:59 PM
I got off of my butt and exercised today. 30 minutes on an elliptical, 340 cals burned, plus some lazy strength training. Not much, but I'm just starting out again and usually sit on my butt all day. Now if I can just keep it up and stay away from the delicious snack foods (I'm looking at you, potato sticks that Dad bought.)
Inventor
#1984 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 2:31 PM
that my friend doesn't have to visit his daddy today. sounds selfish, but my friend only gets one or two days a week to himself. his daddy had a stroke in November and he's now in a care home thingy.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Scholar
#1985 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 7:10 PM
Yesterday I went to see my doctor and got back on the medicine I'd been on previously. Last night I slept "only" 11 hours and didn't wake up exhausted. For the past several weeks (really, the past couple months) I'd been sleeping over 12 hours a night and was exhausted for the few hours I was awake every day. It's nice to have some semblance of a normal schedule again

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Instructor
#1986 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 3:25 AM
My sweet boyfriend came over for dinner with my parents and I and we played a lot of silly video games. I forced him to build a house on TS2.
He's so wonderful. *swoon* :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#1987 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 5:44 AM
In the mailbox today, I got a holiday card from a friend who lives out of state- not a big thing, but definitely still made my day! (even though the card was quite passive-aggressive- I would have been disappointed if it weren't! )

Alchemist
#1988 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 11:51 AM
Bo Burnham's comedic songs. Current favorites being Repeat Stuff and Panderin'.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Theorist
#1989 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 1:52 PM
My best friend and I have booked a two week trip in March. We're going to Las Vegas, Los Angeles and San Francisco. I am SO excited for the San Francisco part in particular.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Forum Resident
#1990 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 8:29 AM
I didn't get the character role, but the game developer may possibly have another writing project and wants to get in touch via Skype.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Theorist
#1991 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 6:16 PM
After arguing with my doctors office for almost 3 years over a asthma medication they had me on, I can finally workout again and be pain free while doing it since they've changed it. Deadlifts are a glorious thing that I've been deprived of for far too long.
Field Researcher
#1992 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 8:23 PM
A very kind & nice woman helped me get a savings discount card on a prescription I use (from the company who makes the product). She has helped me save $55 per month for a year now :-).

Kindnesses from our heart goes much farther than we shall ever know :-)

The best things in life are all the little things
Mad Poster
#1993 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 9:00 PM
I've had one of those weird days where you get really really into cleaning something that normally would feel like a chore... but a day of sitting in the garage listening to the radio and getting my car spotless has been nice and relaxing... and I finally got all the tinting adhesive off the windows, so now I can actually see clearly again!

Mad Poster
#1994 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 11:40 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 10th Jan 2015 at 11:51 AM.
Recently, in the past 72 hours, I watched an interview with Slash and his voice was soft, gentle and oddly enough, Americanized. Then again, he was probably moved from England to America when he was very young, but I don't know exactly when. He had a bit of brawn to his physique and he seemed like a sweet guy who had issues with being called a hero when he admitted it sounded a bit lofty and that trying to perform with his idols was somewhat paralyzing for him.

He's just a normal nice guy who is in an abnormal career path. I admire that in him that he's challenging the image that Guns N' Roses' other members projected during his stint.

That made my week end nicely.

PS If I ever get the chance to kiss Slash guilt-free, I want to kiss Slash in front of my auto-Anglophobic\Anglophobic dad (He hates being part British and he's got bones to pick with the British.) and I would tell him "Not all British men are jerks. This guy is rather sweet and considerate and isn't like the other guys from the first line-up of Guns N' Roses who were substance abusers, psychopaths or vandals. He may have been a thief when he stole the parts for his signature top hat, but remember, I stole a picture book about pig siblings when I was a little girl at the advanced classes preschool. I don't care what you think. I love him for his earnest life and honesty."

That last paragraph will tell you that interview made me appreciate Slash all the more.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Alchemist
#1995 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 6:05 PM
Got my home cinema 5.1 surround set from Teufel :lovestruc

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1996 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 12:02 PM
I'm officially a t.A.T.u. fan now.
After all the years of never giving them a chance, I found their version of "How soon is Now" and that convinced me to look into their other music and I love them.
I love them. It's exactly my kind of music and I never knew.
Lab Assistant
#1997 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 4:59 PM
Apparently loads of people in my class have been saying that I'd been playing really well during football, which is a great turnaround since I quit years ago because loads of boys were picking on me for it
#1998 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSimoholic
I'm officially a t.A.T.u. fan now.
After all the years of never giving them a chance, I found their version of "How soon is Now" and that convinced me to look into their other music and I love them.
I love them. It's exactly my kind of music and I never knew.

I love the original and I like some of t.A.T.u.'s music, so I checked it out and I just have to say, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LETTING ME KNOW THIS EXISTED :D
Top Secret Researcher
#1999 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 10:34 PM
It was snowing this morning but now the weather has gone back to stormy, rainy weather. might be snowing again tomorrow. YAY
the only down side is that the school heating is crap and the school doesn't bother to fix the radiators that don't work, so it will be freezing cold in school.
Theorist
#2000 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 2:30 PM
Watching videos from the elephant cam owned and run by the people from the Elephant Santuary in Tennessee

For those that don't know what this is, it's a place where retired Asian and African elephants from zoos and circuses are placed to live out the rest of their years just being elephants.
Locked thread | Locked by: Don Babilon Reason: No flaming, no mudtracking!
Page 80 of 118