Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#151 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 9:35 AM
I guess I'm having trouble seeing where the site has lost focus on the sims to the degree it needs a refocusing by way of scuttling some major social hubs within it? I mean, this is MTS, not some dinky little forum off in the nether regions of the wider Sims community that just talks about how great it is that their kids aren't eating off the floor anymore. The focus has always been pretty clear to me and I never felt like any of the off-topic sections or groups lessened that.

Besides, I can't fit all the people I meant to cop off with in my lifeboat! #legitimateproblems

EDIT: Oh, so OT is staying for now? Okay then, great, that gives me time to solve my lifeboat issues.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#152 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 9:39 AM
:lovestruc Holy smokes, Fenton. I forgot why I was in your club. :lovestruc Thanks for the reminder.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#153 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 9:42 AM
'k I'm just going to squee now.
Scholar
#154 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 9:44 AM
My pleasure, safety on the water is my #1 concern.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Instructor
#155 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 9:48 AM
*squees internally*
Top Secret Researcher
#156 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 1:28 PM
Oh how exciting! Well. Thank you Delphy, we all really appreciate it!

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Scholar
#157 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 3:27 PM
Thank you, Delphy.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Banned
#158 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 3:43 PM
Faith in humanity = restored.
Unfortunately, like I said, some cracks may not heal. Like the backlash both sides endured. How would we forget what happened in these past few days. How do I singlehandedly PM every mod who participated here my apologies?
But time heals wounds. And I'm looking forward to the new sight - my personal favourite alternative to keeping GenDes up. And yes, I'll change my signature.
Now is the perfect time, with this fiasco having finished, to declare my mother has come home from surgery on Wednesday...
Theorist
#159 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 4:09 PM
Sounds great Delphy.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Site Helper
#160 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Thanks, MLC, but I don't feel like shit. There is simply no point in moderating a forum when the majority of the regular posters have decided that I'm not to be taken seriously. I'm called a liar, then I show that I didn't lie, but then am called a liar nevertheless (and this isn't the first thread where this has happened). Then others join in whom I haven't even noticed before and repeat something that they have no clue about, so stepping down seemed like the sensible decision. Spending time doing this job suddenly seems more like a waste of time. That's all there is to it.

I never understood why anybody would WANT the job, anyway. :lovestruc : But as far as I could tell, you were doing the job as well as anybody could expect you to.

Thank you, Delphy, for deciding to keep OT open. It would have felt as though the last of Sims 2 Community had gone if it were closed. (I know the yearbooks are still around, but that's a once-a-year thing.) But the contests (which are much less active,) OT, and the miscellaneous "what are your sims doing now?" threads still make it feel like the site that finally helped me to begin to open up a bit.

(Does this mean I can also stop trying to figure out how to rescue virtually every post in the Computer & Software Help section? : )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#161 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 4:30 PM
Yes Ghost, for now you can stop. But I'd just like to remind everybody that once I create a new self moderated community site for people to move onto, I will still be shuttering OT here on MTS (along with the non creative Social Groups) as I originally said. Just the timeframe has gotten longer.

Also, this is a No Drama zone. If I have to see another flamewar or drama fest or personal vendetta or whatever, I'll come down hard on everybody involved. Let's take all this and turn it into something positive and nice, especially if we move this to a different site. Start it off on a nice note, not a bad one.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Top Secret Researcher
#162 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 4:33 PM
When you make the new site, will you be able to export any of the existing threads to it?

My MTS writing group, The Story Board
Theorist
#163 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Yes Ghost, for now you can stop. But I'd just like to remind everybody that once I create a new self moderated community site for people to move onto, I will still be shuttering OT here on MTS (along with the non creative Social Groups) as I originally said. Just the timeframe has gotten longer.

Also, this is a No Drama zone. If I have to see another flamewar or drama fest or personal vendetta or whatever, I'll come down hard on everybody involved. Let's take all this and turn it into something positive and nice, especially if we move this to a different site. Start it off on a nice note, not a bad one.

Define what's ''drama'' to you. I've different views of people on MTS of what they see as drama and what not last few months.

Banned
#164 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 4:36 PM
Hey guys, I have a great idea! (Watch the full video to understand)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#165 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
When you make the new site, will you be able to export any of the existing threads to it?

Maybe. I mean, I have database access and can create an export in whatever format. It just depends on how easy it is to import and how much data there will be at the other side. So, no promises whatsoever here.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#166 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
Define what's ''drama'' to you. I've different views of people on MTS of what they see as drama and what not last few months.

Usual stuff - fighting, calling each other names, generally being a jerk or upsetting other members or staff. Including but not limited to spamming other threads, conspiracy theories, and acting like you (as in the general you, not you specifically Viktor) own this place. If a member is consistently bad or harassing other members they'll be removed from this forum, either temporarily or otherwise. I couldn't care less what people do outside MTS, but if you bring stuff here, you better be polite and treat other members with respect and courtesy. In other words: Don't shit on my rug and you wont be told to leave the house.

Mad Poster
#167 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 5:12 PM
Thank you for keeping OT, Delphy!
Theorist
#168 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Usual stuff - fighting, calling each other names, generally being a jerk or upsetting other members or staff. Including but not limited to spamming other threads, conspiracy theories, and acting like you (as in the general you, not you specifically Viktor) own this place. If a member is consistently bad or harassing other members they'll be removed from this forum, either temporarily or otherwise. I couldn't care less what people do outside MTS, but if you bring stuff here, you better be polite and treat other members with respect and courtesy. In other words: Don't shit on my rug and you wont be told to leave the house.

And when do you consider people getting upset by other people? Only/mainly your own views on a reply/multiple replies or does the victim still has a word about when being upset, too? I know the difficulties of the thin line between upsetting people and not, so I wanna know where I should look at when reading the forums and to know what's reportable in that manner. What one person sees as being a jerk, doesn't have to be in the eyes of the victim or vice versa, a victim getting upset by something not deliberately used as an insult. Different people, different resilience.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#169 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
And when do you consider people getting upset by other people? Only/mainly your own views on a reply/multiple replies or does the victim still has a word about when being upset, too? I know the difficulties of the thin line between upsetting people and not, so I wanna know where I should look at when reading the forums and to know what's reportable in that manner. What one person sees as being a jerk, doesn't have to be in the eyes of the victim or vice versa, a victim getting upset by something not deliberately used as an insult. Different people, different resilience.

I usually consider what the victim says based on the post/posts in question. If it's obvious that that person was being a jerk, then fine. Otherwise, I tend look at history and see if it's a systemic issue with a particular poster. So, while somebody might have a bad feeling about a post, sometimes it even calms down on it's own, and sometimes just an alert - or nothing - is called for. And, of course, if whatever the person posts pisses me off personally, then I'll usually just nuke it.

Scholar
#170 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:06 PM
*takes foil hat off*
Thank you for keeping the OT
Top Secret Researcher
#171 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:07 PM
I would like to suggest that when these sections do close, to set up some sort of redirect or sticky thread to point the way to the new place.

So people have a natural guide on where to go to chat. Versus removing the links in the menu all together and disconnecting / alienating people that wanted to chat.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Instructor
#172 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
*takes foil hat off*
Thank you for keeping the OT

Welcome back, fwiend *hands ice cream over*
Forum Resident
#173 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:38 PM
Thank you for keeping OT alive!

I really suggest that any official 'mod' decisions (even as much as warning another member verbally on a thread) should be made by a general MTS Staff account that doesn't give away which staff member did it. I think that may alleviate some of the drama.

Also, how will the new site be moderated to keep drama off this one, since it will likely have all the same members and all?

Last but not least, glad to see that HP is doing well. THANK YOU AGAIN :D

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Banned
#174 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 8:34 PM
So when does this thread slowly close down? For me, it is.
This is Aaron4Ever, giving you the biggest congratulations possible as the starter of this protest, leaving this thread for greener pastures like the other threads out here.
Inventor
#175 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
So when does this thread slowly close down? For me, it is.
This is Aaron4Ever, giving you the biggest congratulations possible as the starter of this protest, leaving this thread for greener pastures like the other threads out here.

Well, we probably should give it some kind of send off, didn't someone mention ice cream a bit back?

Confession, I may have been away from the site for a bit because I've been marathoning...
Locked thread
Page 7 of 7