Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 9:21 PM
Default WCIF - Chemistry for All Sims (Male & Female)
It probably can't be done, but I'm looking for a mod/hack that allows "Scope Room" to be done and to spot (make Sims sparkle) ALL your highest chemistry mates, whether male or female. It's OK to dream and wish for these things, I suppose if it hasn't been done already. There has been a lot of chatter about attraction/chemistry/gender preference lately and it's made me really want my Sims in control of their destinies even more.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 9:28 PM
Not really understanding what you are say here but Scope Room already does it for you for only the ones with chemistry of any kind will sparkle.

You must first have had your sim do a flirt either during teen years or adult/YA/Elder for the Scope Room to show up from now on.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Not really understanding what you are say here but Scope Room already does it for you for only the ones with chemistry of any kind will sparkle.

You must first have had your sim do a flirt either during teen years or adult/YA/Elder for the Scope Room to show up from now on.

Oh I know how it works, trust me! LOL.
I simply wish it would show BOTH males and females to glow for excellent matches.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 9:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that in my game, Scope Room only highlights sims of one gender, which is whatever gender the game code thinks my sim "prefers." I've had the gender actually flip from one to the other. For example, I had my sim "Flirt>Check Sim Out" on a male sim, then Scope Room: only the male sims where highlighted. Then I had him "Flirt>Check Sim Out" on a female sim, then Scope Room: only the female sims were highlighted. Honestly pretty dang annoying, imo.

If there are mods that made the game properly recognize bi sims as really being bi and not just as "confused" or "going through a phase," I might be interested in those mods as well!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 9:39 PM
You can use Sim Blender. Under traits - sim name - Gender pref, - set bi
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 9:39 PM
It already sparkles for anyone, you set it by flirting.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I'm pretty sure that in my game, Scope Room only highlights sims of one gender, which is whatever gender the game code thinks my sim "prefers." I've had the gender actually flip from one to the other. For example, I had my sim "Flirt>Check Sim Out" on a male sim, then Scope Room: only the male sims where highlighted. Then I had him "Flirt>Check Sim Out" on a female sim, then Scope Room: only the female sims were highlighted. Honestly pretty dang annoying, imo.

If there are mods that made the game properly recognize bi sims as really being bi and not just as "confused" or "going through a phase,"
I might be interested in those mods as well!

Exactly, especially agree with the text I highlighted from you. If I do find someone made a mod for it, I'll be hinting at beds for 3 people next.

Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna

So using that setting, when I next Scope Room... BOTH males and females will sparkle? Or just one?

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It already sparkles for anyone, you set it by flirting.

I know. I just want it to sparkle for ALL sexes that are appealing, not just one or the other.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 9:42 PM
Yes if you want it to show both genders in scoop room then you must make your sim Bi for it to do it.

You don't need a mod for this to happen.

To make your sim Bi then you need to flirt with both sexes.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
I have only just recently got the Sim Blender, but I'll have to test this out. (I did use it to make one of my sims bi, but as I've yet to unpause the game on his lot he hasn't yet had a chance to meet anyone other than his family!) If it works, then I'll be a very happy player. I have never been able to get the game to properly recognize my sim as being truly bi though normal gameplay; it just flipflops from gay to straight and back.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 9:54 PM
It's tricky to keep a sim bi without making her promiscuous, because the gender preference scale slides a bit with every romantic interaction, up with the gender flirted with, down a bit toward the other, so if your bi sim gets into a committed relationship with one person, eventually she'll be set to prefer the gender of that person.

The simplest way to prevent this is to set preference for both males and females so high that the scale won't cross the line in a sim's natural lifetime. You can do this in SimPE. Similarly, you can set the preference for both so sharply negative that the sim is functionally asexual.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Similarly, you can set the preference for both so sharply negative that the sim is functionally asexual.
Ooooh! DO WANT! But it's sad that this has to be done with SimPE as I don't really know how to use SimPE. I guess I want something like that as an option on a tool like the Sim Blender. But it's really cool to know that it is in fact possible! :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It's tricky to keep a sim bi without making her promiscuous, because the gender preference scale slides a bit with every romantic interaction, up with the gender flirted with, down a bit toward the other, so if your bi sim gets into a committed relationship with one person, eventually she'll be set to prefer the gender of that person.

The simplest way to prevent this is to set preference for both males and females so high that the scale won't cross the line in a sim's natural lifetime. You can do this in SimPE. Similarly, you can set the preference for both so sharply negative that the sim is functionally asexual.

Thank you!!! I've never used SimPE before, but now I will. I really appreciate the help and you taking the time to reply.
It was hard to make what I was looking for understood, and I apologize for that. Thanks again... everyone.
Theorist
#13 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 10:12 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 11th Feb 2016 at 11:24 PM.
Don't be scared of SimPe. There are parts that are easy to use and parts that are not so easy :D
The part that Peni is referin to is one of those easy to use parts.

However, as with anything, even your own Sims game, always back up before tryin somethin new. It's better to be safe before hand than sorry afterwards.

Edit to show a sorta pic walkthrough:
Step 1, Step 2,
Step 3, Step 4,
Step 5, Step 6,
Step 7, Step 8,
Step 9, Step 10,
Step 11

I hope I made it simple enough and didn't leave anything out. Hope it helps.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:39 AM
@CaliBrat For something like this it would be better if you would just upload your pics here at MTS instead of an off site that way the pics are faster and easier to see them.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Don't be scared of SimPe. There are parts that are easy to use and parts that are not so easy :D
The part that Peni is referin to is one of those easy to use parts.

However, as with anything, even your own Sims game, always back up before tryin somethin new. It's better to be safe before hand than sorry afterwards.

Edit to show a sorta pic walkthrough:
*snipped*

I hope I made it simple enough and didn't leave anything out. Hope it helps.

Oh wow. That doesn't seem scary at all. Thanks for the screenshots. That is often way better than itemized lines for us visual learners!
Theorist
#16 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 2:27 AM
@marka93 Yeah, you're probably right. This was just a quick put together. I'm still learnin how use the codes to insert pictures to show as pictures, to show URL's as a word link, spoilers, and such things.

I'm not good with manual use of codes and stuff, but when someone showed the link to this page things suddenly got a whole lot easier. :D
Field Researcher
#17 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 10:50 AM Last edited by RedSimmies : 12th Feb 2016 at 5:51 PM.
You don't need SimPE at all for this! If you have ACR, you can set gender preference with the ACR adjuster, the option is under misc. You'll choose the make bi option (not the low one). It gives your sim a high preference for both men and women that way, so one gender won't become negative later when you flirt with the other gender.

If you don't have ACR, twojeff's Sim Blender will also do this for you. Gender preference should be under the traits section.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RedSimmies
If you don't have ACR, twojeff's Sim Blender will also do this for you. Gender preference should be under the personality section.
I do have the Sim Blender, but like I said in another post I haven't really had a chance to try out most of the options yet. That's awesome to know the bi option on that works exactly like I want!

I'm curious, though, does it have an option to make a sim asexual/aromantic? Or would that require SimPE? I think there was a "no preference" or something like that under the gender preference options, but I understood that to be a sort of default starting place (like a sim fresh out of CAS). I don't recall seeing anything that looked like "no interest in romance ever with anyone."
Mad Poster
#19 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I'm curious, though, does it have an option to make a sim asexual/aromantic? Or would that require SimPE? I think there was a "no preference" or something like that under the gender preference options, but I understood that to be a sort of default starting place (like a sim fresh out of CAS). I don't recall seeing anything that looked like "no interest in romance ever with anyone."

It has an option to remove preference, so they will be like a sim fresh out of CAS. Which is basically the same as asexual, because they won't flirt with anyone as they don't know which gender to flirt with.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 5:43 PM
You're right, no preference just means no preference yet. They are at 0 for both genders. The moment you make them flirt, or some other sim flirts with them successfully, their orientation will move towards whatever gender the other sim is. To make them asexual you need to make both preferences so low that they'll be attracted to none. Unfortunately Sim Blender doesn't have the option.

Insimenator is the only way I know of doing this in game without having to load up SimPE (it's unsupported but it worked like a charm for me since years so I use it). In the DEST edition, when you spawn the personality adjuster select Gender Bias/Set Male Bias To/Negative Level and Gender Bias/Set Female Bias To/Negative Level, give them both -500 or so, and you're good to go, your sim is asexual. After that, they'll reject advances from both genders even if the relationship is 100/100 and will do a "Whatever, I don't care" animation when you check other sims out. The Scope Room interaction won't even show up when it was available before, there's just no one the sim will be attracted to
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedSimmies
You don't need SimPE at all for this! If you have ACR, you can set gender preference with the ACR adjuster, the option is under misc. You'll choose the make bi option (not the low one). It gives your sim a high preference for both men and women that way, so one gender won't become negative later when you flirt with the other gender.

If you don't have ACR, twojeff's Sim Blender will also do this for you. Gender preference should be under the traits section.

Thanks! I went ahead and got the Sim Blender and *wow*... so many options of things to change! I'm very happy!

@RedSimmies - I'll look into the Insimenator as well for truly asexual Sims (one day). For now, I'll just happily reset any Sims who get flirted with if I have deemed them asexual.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 8:23 PM
For no gender preference at all I use this http://modthesims.info/d/82198

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#23 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 1:10 PM
Probably you need also this fix: http://cyjon.net/node/336