Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 10:05 AM
Default Small change to TS2 guidelines for sims
Just a small thing but worth mentioning... The MTS guidelines for uploading "Other" sims (that is, not based on a celebrity, character, etc.) no longer require that you make your own custom content for the sim. In order to have a sim accepted, it still needs to have a unique look and a good face sculpt, good pictures, CC credits, etc., but you don't have to also know how to create good CC to upload a TS2 "other" sim.

It was kind of a stupid rule. There were good reasons for it, but not as good reasons as not having it. Sorry about that. It's fixed now.
6 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 11:18 AM
Are interesting born in sims allowed?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 11:20 AM
Sure, as long as they have a unique face.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 5:30 PM
Does that mean that Sims in other section can now have no CC at all if the creator so desires?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 5:46 PM
Yes, they can, Gummibutt.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#6 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 12:32 PM
Aah this is nice, I'd love to upload a sim! Hmm it'll be something to think about.
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 12:49 AM
Wow, I had been thinking about doing this for awhile and didn't even realize this was a rule. I guess it's gone just in time then! xD
Theorist
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 3:37 PM
Muwahahahahahahhh *cackles*

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Instructor
#9 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 8:15 AM
HP, your avatar is freaking me right the hell out.

From Simonut: Here is my take on if Sims 2 is losing popularity or not, If you offer or give a monkey a banana will he take it even if the banana is green or yellow ? Whatever new games EA put out there like the Sims3 some human somewhere will buy it.
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 12:37 AM
I have been working hard on making a sim this week and would like to try my first upload and share it. I have been reading/studying everything on the upload, guidelines, standard page and got down to the bottom where it says upload under "user tools" and quick links. This option is not showing up for me in the drop down box. Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 1:47 PM
That's a test of your problem-solving and lateral thinking skills. "Upload Items" is actually on the Create menu.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
That's a test of your problem-solving and lateral thinking skills. "Upload Items" is actually on the Create menu.

Rats! I have failed already ...thanks for the direction though!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 2:10 AM
*prods to the plank* Arrr!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~