Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 2:27 PM
Hey clotraz, I don't play with custom worlds, so do I need to decrapify pre-made in game worlds? I usually play in Bridgeport or Twinbrook.

Also, apparently the weather stone doesn't spawn without active household selected. I checked every community lot and beyond, the weather stone is just nowhere to be found.

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 3:49 PM
Oops, sorry, I didn't mean to suggest decrapifying the world, I meant to suggest decrapifying the save-game. Make a backup of your save and drag the save file onto decrapify.exe and try running with that. I haven't done this in a while, but sometimes it's helped with bugs that I've encountered. At least then you can possibly get your game running long enough to try dealing with the weather stone. Maybe.

You have tried ErrorTrap, yes?
Alchemist
#28 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elexis
Also, apparently the weather stone doesn't spawn without active household selected. I checked every community lot and beyond, the weather stone is just nowhere to be found.

That's good to know. Didn't have time yet to test that myself. I was wondering, does that freezing happen with that one particular family or with any active family? I currently have the weather stone in the neighborhood but it doesn't interfere gameplay at all, at least for what I can see.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 4:39 PM
Yes, I have ErrorTrap, but I'm not sure if it's any use for me. I 'm also playing with newly made family now, so I don't use any of my old saves.

Varpunen, this happens with every household, either EA pre-made one or new made in CAS.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Forum Resident
#30 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 4:53 PM
Yes, I have ErrorTrap, but I'm not sure if it's any use for me..

It depends what one define as useful.
ErrorTrap's main job is to catch errors that can make a save not load and catch/prevent errors that can make game crash.
So imo even if it doesn't seems to do much it's a useful mod to have.

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..
Alchemist
#31 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 4:58 PM
Varpunen, this happens with every household, either EA pre-made one or new made in CAS.

Hmm, that's too bad. How about completely different fresh neighborhood? Just wondering if this problem is spread/common to every neighborhood.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Hmm, that's too bad. How about completely different fresh neighborhood? Just wondering if this problem is spread/common to every neighborhood.

I've tried that too, with Appaloosa Plains and Sunset Valley, the game still freezes once the household is loaded.
I'm starting to sound like I'm in totally helpless situation, lol

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Alchemist
#33 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 9:26 PM
I've tried that too, with Appaloosa Plains and Sunset Valley, the game still freezes once the household is loaded.
I'm starting to sound like I'm in totally helpless situation, lol

I kinda start to agree, especially since it means that starting over with a copy of your main family if out of the question, as well, then. This is a long shot but how about refreshing the user files? Besides that, I'm pretty much out of ideas.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
I kinda start to agree, especially since it means that starting over with a copy of your main family if out of the question, as well, then. This is a long shot but how about refreshing the user files? Besides that, I'm pretty much out of ideas.

Well, I'm suspecting another problem - my old HDD is acting strange lately and since it wasn't formatted for like 4 years, it could be somehow related to this. It makes strange noises when Sims 3 is loading
This will probably mean that I loose all my user files, but I'm planning full system reboot. I just got new SSD drive, so hopefully I will be able to eliminate every possible performance issue with the game.
I wish I could know the reason behind this freezing, because technically if it's the weather stone or something else withing the game, the problem may return after reinstalling the whole system.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Alchemist
#35 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 11:07 PM
I know what you mean. It's frustrating not knowing what exactly is the root of the problem. I did notice a couple of threads back at the official forum about game crashing when the weather stone appears but those players didn't get any help. It's not much, I know, but I'll keep my eyes open. Maybe I stumple upon something usefull.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 3:01 AM
It looks like formatting HDD and reinstalling fresh Windows fixed this. I've played 4 times so far and it seems to work fine so far.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 9:30 PM
It looks like formatting HDD and reinstalling fresh Windows fixed this. I've played 4 times so far and it seems to work fine so far.

I'm actually sort of bummed that this is the solution. I've been having EXACTLY the same problem.

I've been trying everything:
Re-install game
Use back up saved games
Deleting all saved games
Running without any mods/cc
Using EA families
Using New families
Using saved families
Trying new towns
etc., etc.

But I cannot get any households to load. I always end up frozen at my family standing around the mailbox. Unable to do anything but watch the PlumbBob rotate and the tree branches sway.

My game plays fine with any other expansion. If I uninstall Seasons everything is perfect, I can play with every other one of them installed. Completely annoying.

I don't look forward to a reformat and re-install of everything - so I'll probably hold off and just not play for now. :/ Glad it worked for you though.... I know how frustrating it is!
Test Subject
#38 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 4:32 PM
DarkestIrony:

I moved the weather stone by using the debugger and then clicked object, move to family inventory. My game still froze at the same time it always freezes. 2:03 in the morning. >.< I'm not sure what to do? Is there anyone on this thread that can help me? I really don't want to uninstall seasons..it's really cool. It only started freezing (things still move but the time freezes and you can't click anything) after I updated it when Monte Vista came out. I also got Monte Vista too. That is when it started freezing super bad.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 8:52 PM
Same here. My game will play fine for thirty minutes then my RAM hits 900 000 K and the game just stops. Mouse, sound and animations keep going but the game stops. This didn't start until Seasons. Curse you seasons.
Page 2 of 2