Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 11:55 AM
Default Modding the Mod that Affects Fight Outcome
The mod I am trying to tweak a little was last modified 7 years ago, so I'm not expecting anyone to help me through this because no one probably cares about it now (but I do! ).

I'm talking about The Fight Club mod from the MATY site. It affects the fight outcome between two sims. I viewed the code and I thought it is pretty straightforward. I already edited some portions of it, like for example I increased the "battleskill" points for servos and vampires. And now I am planning to add some battleskill for witches (for some out-of-the-blue reasons :D). I thought it was easy but it's actually quite tricky. I used the "Witch - Is Witch" function to check if the sim is a witch, but it only takes in the neighbor ID for it to work properly. It does not seem to take in Stack Object ID to its argument as it won't point or refer to anything at all, and this function will return a false value even if the sim is in fact a witch. However, if I use the neighbor ID, the battleskill points that are intended only for witches will be added to other non-witch sims as well, because even if other sims aren't witches, the active sim is a witch and therefore everyone on the lot with a witch will get battleskill points.. Other functions such as "Vampire- Is a Vampire?" points the Stack Object ID to Sim ID, so the battlepoints for vampire sims are exclusive.

Is there a way to make these battleskill points exclusive for witches with the "Is Witch?" function? Do I have to add expressions to avoid using the neighbor ID? I think only those who used the Fight Club mod before will relate to this. This is actually my first time to use this mod. Advanced thanks to anyone who will answer.

(I know I am missing something or saying wrong details here so I won't mind if you throw it in my face. )
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 10:37 AM
Maybe ask over at MATY first, because the mod was created pescado.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 11:15 AM
They won't help you there. I would ask Boiling Oil over on Leefish if he could take a look at it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~