Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 10:05 AM Last edited by Dark Rukario : 19th Mar 2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Added screenshots
Default Position Problem in Bodyshop?
I got bored today so for a few hours I'd been working on a mega set of recolours and retextures of migamoo's untucked kids tees and they were all ing fine - until I got to this one. It's no different to any of the others (all 12 of them!) I've been making today, and I've never had this problem before. I tried to fix it by deleting the project and starting again without using black - but that didn't work.

A picture of the problem I'm getting (back view, front appears floodfilled black) and my working image (half sized) are attatched, and fyi the problem isn't caused by the darkness of the tee I have another the same dark grey/black that works fine.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 2:52 AM
What exactly is the problem?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 6:15 AM
It's in the second picture, the shirt is fine when I export it but when I refresh it after saving the edited version (screen 1) it comes up like that. I've checked the black and white image (is it called alpha? I'm not sure) but that's fine too, and I don't think it's a mesh problem because I made several before and only just started getting this problem. But if it is to do with the mesh I won't be able to fix it anyway, I don't have a 3d editor.
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 7:10 AM
I've seen the picture. I see a black shirt with not a lot of shading. Other than that, don't see a problem. Could you please describe the problem, or show what a non-problematic shirt looks like.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 7:40 AM
I'm sorry, I'm not very good at explaining myself so I'll go for the mostly images approach. Just ignore the texture for now, I don't think there's anything wrong with it on its own.

Here is what the problematic shirt looks like when I import it into Bodyshop:

The whole shirt comes up flood-filled black except for that patch on the back. As you can see in my texture, there is shading and a design that should come up.

Here's a shirt with no-problems:

The shirt comes up as it should, with the shading included in the texture which is the same black colour.

I'd been using the same method for all the other shirts, so this one confused me.
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 9:00 PM
How have you been making these recolors? Just BodyShop? Didn't do anything with SimPE?

The problem is not with the mesh. I suspect the problem is with the texture.
What format did you save the texture in? Is it a BMP? If so, did you make sure it has 24 bit color?

Scholar
#7 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 9:24 PM
Also, the texture, alpha and bumpmap texture should have the same dimensions. Check that too.

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 2:52 AM
I didn't use SimPE, just Bodyshop for this. The texture, alpha and bumpmap are all 1024x1024, as they should be. The texture is saved in 24bit BMP, so now I'm getting really stuck. I don't think I've done anything different this time because when this first happened I just deleted the project and started again.

I'm going to try it with another texture and a different name to see if that's what's wrong.
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 7:36 PM
Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I'm having this same issue in Bodyshop, and no matter what I try I just can't seem to fix it.