Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 11:34 PM
Default Binning Hair
I created some retextures of lidiqnata's 'Maxis Redo' hair (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=517050) and have tried to bin them using Theo's Color Binning Tool for SimPE, but once I create the package after binning them, the retextures wouldn't show up in the proper bins. They still showed up in the custom bin. I also tried to do it manually in SimPE by following this tutorial: http://modthesims.info/t/150742 and the hair tone XML for every hair had the correct values. How do I get them to show up in the correct bin?

The Sims Forever
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 11:48 PM
Try CatOfEvilGenius's Quick Easy Hair Binner. It works great (I've used it multiple times).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Try CatOfEvilGenius's Quick Easy Hair Binner. It works great (I've used it multiple times).

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried using it and it kept crashing when I tried selecting a file for the red+grey.

The Sims Forever
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 12:44 AM
Is this one of the files you've previously tried editing? Try another file - just some random file to see if the program still crashes. I suspect it's the file at fault rather than the program.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Is this one of the files you've previously tried editing? Try another file - just some random file to see if the program still crashes. I suspect it's the file at fault rather than the program.

I tried another file and it worked! I guess I shouldn't have been so quick to judge. I'll go see what's wrong with the retexture file. Thank you both for helping me solve this. Also, when I tried it with the retexture, the hair binner gave me a message about heap corruption. What does that imply?

The Sims Forever