Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#76 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 3:03 PM
ok so i re-installed my whole game and updated to the latest patch and now my launcher is totally borked. great!!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#77 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:14 PM
Yet another EA patch that I'll stay away from
Instructor
#78 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:35 PM
i was reading through the EA forum and it was funny how almost 70% of players who downloaded the patch had problems.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
i was reading through the EA forum and it was funny how almost 70% of players who downloaded the patch had problems.

It's hard to tell what percentage of users have problems, because in general, people that are successful when patching, don't run to post comments in forums. People with issues post because they are seeking a solution.
This was the first time I ever had patching issues, but when sh*t goes wrong, boy does it ever.

I'm hooked on AM, so I have to upkeep my patches. Otherwise I wouldn't bother ever patching until at least a month into release, when the kinks are ironed out with mod updating and such.
Test Subject
#80 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 10:25 PM
I'm having no problems with the patch other than the old "normal" packs uninstalling themselves. I would love to actually have my CC show up once in while...

~M~

If you're too busy to laugh; you're too busy.
Scholar
#81 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 10:34 PM
Quote:
The magical laundry bear Abracadabra will no longer block Sims from moving after disappearing

When was there a magical laundry bear?! When did this happen?! Why didn't somebody tell me?! How do I get one?!

So many questions!
Scholar
#82 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Figgi
When was there a magical laundry bear?! When did this happen?! Why didn't somebody tell me?! How do I get one?!

So many questions!
it came with ambitions

Quote:

and most of that is because....those people do not let the COMPLETE upload finish....
Field Researcher
#83 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 11:42 PM
yay a fix for the excavation bug.. no wait.. @$%* you EA

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Scholar
#84 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 12:29 AM
How do I find the bear in ambitions?!
Top Secret Researcher
#85 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Figgi
How do I find the bear in ambitions?!

Dry your clothes using the Expensive Dryer. There is a random chance of receiving the gnome on each use.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FordGT90Concept
This app will automatically identify what patches are available and which patches your install needs:
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=124490

Just don't post it on EA's site because they hate programs that work better than theirs.
Woo thanks for that! My launcher was still telling me my game was up to date, but I just used that tool and I am now fully patched.
Scholar
#87 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Dry your clothes using the Expensive Dryer. There is a random chance of receiving the gnome on each use.

Oooo thank you, I shall try that immediately =D
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 9:43 PM
I think the problem is that EA is so huge that they cannot focus on any one thing. They have tons of sports games, and tons of other titles / franchises and a partners program. The sims3 is probably the most complex game they have out and EA needs to realize they cannot lump a sims game into their universe of games. They need a whole "division" dedicated to something as big as the sims. Sure its not as big of a seller as madden or FIFA, but its more complex and the fans of sims titles are usually pretty hard core fans. I think it would be in EA's interests to really give the sims its own division (like EA Sports has) or to sell it to a developer that can dedicate their whole company to the sims and work through the EA partners program.

As for the launcher I believe it is designed for ONE specific reason, to advertise and sell items via the sims3 store online. It is nothing more than a slot machine.

RUN FOREST RUN!
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 2:14 PM
They... do have a whole division for the Sims 3. Black Box. And before that, Maxis.
Test Subject
#90 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreadWizardDM
I think the problem is that EA is so huge that they cannot focus on any one thing. They have tons of sports games, and tons of other titles / franchises and a partners program. The sims3 is probably the most complex game they have out and EA needs to realize they cannot lump a sims game into their universe of games. They need a whole "division" dedicated to something as big as the sims. Sure its not as big of a seller as madden or FIFA, but its more complex and the fans of sims titles are usually pretty hard core fans.

Of course, they have also dropped most of their sports games for PC's. Those of us who are Madden fans are using Madden '08 updated by mods. It actually works better than the original game ...
A couple of my golf buddies used to work for EA (one for Sims1) and left because they were spread so thin that they couldn't really concentrate on specific issues since they were constantly pulled off of projects to work on other things. With so many different programmers working on a project, nobody really knew what code the others were using or where to look for problems.

That approach doesn't lead to solid coding or effective programs.

~M~

If you're too busy to laugh; you're too busy.
Test Subject
#91 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
Woo thanks for that! My launcher was still telling me my game was up to date, but I just used that tool and I am now fully patched.

Does it install too?
Mad Poster
#92 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 6:47 PM
It can either just download, or it can download and install. FYI information like this will be in the download thread so I suggest checking it out.
Page 4 of 4