Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 7:51 PM
Default Importing Peggy simgeoms.
I exported the simgeoms of Peggy's first(free) TS3 hair but it won't load in either Milkshape, Blender or 3ds Max. I've spent a good part of the day googling around trying to find a workaround to get the geom to import, but alas.. I can't find a converter either, so converting the simgeom to any other type of file is not going to happen. I get the "bone hash table count too large" error as many others have gotten.
Has anyone figured this out yet?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 11:15 PM
Hmm... I can remember that Peggy used to add 'locks' on her GEOMS, so people couldn't simply edit them and claim them as their own. What happens if you import the package/sims3pack into TSRW? I would suggest to use this version though: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...005426/tsrw-172
And then export the file as a WSO and see if it works. If you're not sure how to install a WSO plugin into Milkshape, you can look it up here: http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/ind...bject_.28WSO.29

Let me know if you're able to use the mesh! ^-^
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 9:54 AM
I actually don't have TSRW because I currently don't have TS3 installed. I tried installing TSRW but it wouldn't let me start without linking to the TS3 installation directory. So unfortunately I can't try exporting the WSO :/
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 2:14 PM
Could you maybe link me to the hair? Maybe I can take a better look and, if I find any way to get past this issue, tell you about it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 2:25 PM
Peggys site is gone I think, but luckily SimsCave have uploaded all of Peggys free hairs here: http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...p?topic=33091.0
The one I'm working on is the first one =) Thank you!
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 2:49 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 18th Apr 2016 at 3:13 PM.
I actually found this topic. Just scroll down and you'll get the part with the Peggy hair issue. The comment seems to be different to start with, apparently it's missing a lot what the games requires, and because these are donated hairs, I guess that's why Peggy did lock her hair meshes. So I guess we need to find a way to convert GEOMS to obj.

EDIT: Forgot to add the link... hehe : http://modthesims.info/t/415276
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 6:04 PM
Hm, well the hair I'm interested in is free, so Im curious why she would lock it. Also, if it matters, I recall this particular hair to replace an EA hair as well.
Time to go hunting for a program that can convert GEOMS outside of a 3d editor then!
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 5:04 PM
Yes! Though, I came across something that was in Meshtoolkit, but it seems that Meshtoolkit's 'conversion tool' thinks it's a whole different file, or it's either corrupted. I also tried to open it up in notepad, but that gave some... interesting results. So better not try that XD So, I'll keep searching for some way to open it up ^-^. If Peggy can do it, why can't we?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Apr 2016 at 12:14 PM
Thanks a lot for helping, Ive spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to open that file! Let me know if you figure anything out! =)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 6:12 PM
Hate to bump an old thread - but does anyone have an update on this? I still can't figure it out.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 7:13 PM
I've also been having this issue. Would like to see it solved too.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:21 PM
I actually have an update on this!! I managed to get TSRW installed, and after countless of errors and crashes I managed to export -half- of the hair mesh to OBJ..and I have no idea how. I clicked "ignore message and try to continue"(or something) and suddenly it exported. When I say half, I mean the..lower layer of the hair, so to speak. So I could easily duplicate the mesh and reverse the vertex order. It looks quite nice! I'll fiddle with this for a while now..

EDIT: Here's an image - as you can see there are some slight shades here and there, I'm not sure if there on the original mesh or not. Ignore the pink color, I just added the texture for the sake of my eyes, brighter colors makes it easier for me to fit and size the hairs.