Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#226 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
The 2nd and most disturbing thing to learn is that the youngest and confirmed age of a child giving birth is 5 years old. FIVE! Google Lina Medina.

Lina Medina was an extreme case of precocious puberty. She had her first period at eleven months, and had fully developed breasts and hips by four years old. The common theory is that she was raped.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Advertisement
Instructor
#227 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 6:32 PM
Bah! My neighbor goes away and leaves his dogs to bark. He has 2 large ones, and never lets them inside, so they bark pretty much all day. I don't understand why people get dogs and don't tend to them proplery.
Scholar
#228 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pare321
Lina Medina was an extreme case of precocious puberty. She had her first period at eleven months, and had fully developed breasts and hips by four years old. The common theory is that she was raped.

Of course it was rape no child that young should be wanting to whoo hoo, and no one should want to whoo hoo with her either, but sadly sickos exsist..

Here's another amusing fact in 1988 after giving her new BF a blow job an Aferican woman was stabbed by her exlover. The hospital cleaned out the stab wounds lady da, few months later she goes to the hospital showing signs of labor. Those little tadpoles had made their way to her stomach to her reproductive organs. Having Mullerian agenesis she lacked an exit/entrance so there was no other way for her to concieve.

life is scary.

PS apperently to tadpoles can swim past the reproductive organs and keep going up. 0_o

Urg my tummy hurts and I am sleepy, Still yet to find my earing, how you loose a 2g neon green ear plug I nonon. AH F MY MORNING.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Test Subject
#229 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 8:37 PM
I'm having an internet problem and I don't know who to turn to for help. I feel like I'll look like a theif if I ask someone, and I'm not asking for things. BTW, I'm over wimter weather.
Scholar
#230 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 3:05 PM
As far as I know, no one has found the stray cat the bit me and if they don't find it before the quarantine period is up I'm going to have to get rabies shots.

I heard those shots can hurt.
Test Subject
#231 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 12:25 AM
Two words: SEMESTER EXAMS

Need I say anything else? URGH!!! I have 8 of them. And I have to do them ALL right now. GRRR!!!

I can't wait until I graduate high school...

(()) Pass this ribbon around if you have or know someone with an illness and together, WE CAN CONQUER IT!!!
//\\
Scholar
#232 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 1:21 AM
Exams suck.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#233 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankokomando
Exams suck.

Yup - setting them, doing them and marking them. Think of the teachers!!

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#234 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 12:52 AM
Exams suck for everyone! D:

Anyways, what really irritated me today was that one of the girls I work with at the Humane Society apparently decided not to give some cats food or water. So these cats went from 6am to about 7:30pm without food or water. I sometimes want to smack this chick. -.-
Instructor
#235 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 2:33 AM
Bah, my boss came in sick today. "Oh I am so sick..." Cough, hack." Then proceeds to have me sit with him in a meeting for 2 hours. I opened the window to let some freezing air in and hopefully dispell the sick vibe in the room, but now, I'm feeling sinusy. It could be just those stupid markers he insists on using on the white board that stink up the whole place!

Bah. I hate it when people come to work sick. Especially my boss, as he always brings the worst stuff in, having two kids in grade school!

Bah! I'm not happy.
Instructor
#236 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 4:38 AM
As far as I know, no one has found the stray cat the bit me and if they don't find it before the quarantine period is up I'm going to have to get rabies shots.

I heard those shots can hurt.

I hope they find the cat. Were you messing with it when it bit you?

My uncle is a vet and had to get the rabies shot- in the stomach after being bit. Hopefully the shot has improved since then.
Mad Poster
#237 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 7:54 PM
I can't stand people like this!

http://www.thetimesofwaynecounty.co...dicapped-child/

What if they are the future of America? That is just terrible.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Mad Poster
#238 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KKiryu007Joker
I can't stand people like this!

http://www.thetimesofwaynecounty.co...dicapped-child/

What if they are the future of America? That is just terrible.

KJ - There are a lot of sick people out there who behave badly. You really don't have to do much digging to find them. Luckily, there's a lot more people who are willing to do the right thing - the child's mother, for example, when she called the cops. The good news is that education and rehabilitation can affect change for most of the people who behave/react badly.

And, there are a lot of good young people out there.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#239 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
KJ - There are a lot of sick people out there who behave badly. You really don't have to do much digging to find them. Luckily, there's a lot more people who are willing to do the right thing - the child's mother, for example, when she called the cops. The good news is that education and rehabilitation can affect change for most of the people who behave/react badly.

I would hope so, I just hate abuse and how so many people can do acts like these.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Scholar
#240 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
I hope they find the cat. Were you messing with it when it bit you?

My uncle is a vet and had to get the rabies shot- in the stomach after being bit. Hopefully the shot has improved since then.

I work at a Humane Society and they rescued a bunch of cats from a lady who was hoarding them, so they got brought to the shelter I was trying to work with some of them to make them less scared and this cat escaped from the cage and when I grabbed him, he started to use my finger as a chew toy. So in a way I was messing with him, but I wasn't trying to torment him or anything.
Instructor
#241 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 12:01 AM
I work at a Humane Society and they rescued a bunch of cats from a lady who was hoarding them, so they got brought to the shelter I was trying to work with some of them to make them less scared and this cat escaped from the cage and when I grabbed him, he started to use my finger as a chew toy. So in a way I was messing with him, but I wasn't trying to torment him or anything.

Sounds like you were being kind.

My brother when he was a child tried to pet a feral cat and got bit. But kitty was preggers and didn't want my brother messing with her.
Inventor
#242 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 6:54 AM
KJ - There are a lot of sick people out there who behave badly. You really don't have to do much digging to find them.

Unfortunately, you're all to right about that. There are just no words to describe how selfish and loathsome this guy and his sister are.

Luckily, however, you seem to be somewhat right about this too, as everyone seems to not only be verbally ripping this scumbag a new one, but his sister/lawyer too, and saying that she should not be allowed to practice law any further after the case gets thrown out (which there is absolutely no doubt that it will).

Still though...
Top Secret Researcher
#243 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 7:33 AM
I am just too nice too people. And all I get back is:

Stabbed in the back

Lied about

Treated like sh*t

And more. I remember giving a friend of mine 100.00 because her ex decided to be a douche, and rack up a bill of 400.00. And I knew she didn't have the money, so I spotted her a 100.00. Told her that she didn't have to pay me back. When I gave her the money...I didn't even get a thank you, nor a smile. Her friend that was with her, wasn't happy that she just blew me off like that.

Everyone says: Nice guys finish last. Ain't that the truth. No matter how nice I am, I'm always walked on, stomped on, and then I wonder why I don't really have any friends. Because I let them walk all over me, and I NEVER speak up for myself. I try to...But I am a coward. I mean I have tried, but...When I do...its the same thing over and over again. I hate being nice because of being walked on. But I would hate being a bitch, because then no one would ever want to be around me.

So is it good to be nice and get walked on? Or is better to be a bitch, and have everyone hate you? I guess...I just don't know anymore.

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Alchemist
#244 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nevermore Raven
So is it good to be nice and get walked on? Or is better to be a bitch, and have everyone hate you? I guess...I just don't know anymore.

youre taking things to extremes. you dont have to be a bitch to avoid getting walked on... the most ive ever had to do was be observant and make changes accordingly. most people who treat others poorly either do not know they are doing it, or dont care, and i have neither the time or patience for either. learn to give them the boot and move on. even if you are a "bitch", there are always people that will like you anyway.
(as noted by how ive strangely ended up with two very awesome, very close friends...)

sure, there are people who hate me because they cant manipulate me or change my behavior to match their whims. but who cares? everyone else either has a neutral or positive view of me. in short: it doesnt MATTER. morons will gossip and be judgmental. decent folk will base their conclusions on their experiences with you.

just keep in mind that you dont have to be useful to someone to be good to them, and if they really like you theyll take care not to treat you badly. and if they dont like you, theyre not your friend. nobody likes being alone, but its never permanent.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Alchemist
#245 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 3:44 PM
ah, greed. you raise your ugly head again in that we cant get a fair deal around town on someplace decent to move to. people really want to charge $1,100+/mo for dumpy no-bedroom places with nothing special to them, nowadays.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Instructor
#246 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 4:30 PM
I am just too nice too people. And all I get back is:

Stabbed in the back

Lied about

Treated like sh*t

And more. I remember giving a friend of mine 100.00 because her ex decided to be a douche, and rack up a bill of 400.00. And I knew she didn't have the money, so I spotted her a 100.00. Told her that she didn't have to pay me back. When I gave her the money...I didn't even get a thank you, nor a smile. Her friend that was with her, wasn't happy that she just blew me off like that.

Everyone says: Nice guys finish last. Ain't that the truth. No matter how nice I am, I'm always walked on, stomped on, and then I wonder why I don't really have any friends. Because I let them walk all over me, and I NEVER speak up for myself. I try to...But I am a coward. I mean I have tried, but...When I do...its the same thing over and over again. I hate being nice because of being walked on. But I would hate being a bitch, because then no one would ever want to be around me.

You sound like a nice person Nevermore, because most people don't consdier such things. If people are using you though, that says more about the people you are being with than you. I have difficulty speaking my mind sometimes too, but you get better with practice and the more you do it, the better you become.

You can be supportive of people while still having your own barriers and not getting trampled on yourself. People may perceive your unwillingness to do what they want as 'bitchiness' but in fact sometimes not enabling bad behavior is a better and kinder choice because the other person doesn't continue in their bad ways.

I can't tell you how to act, because I'm not you and don't know the details of your sitaution, but the very fact that you question and think about what is right, and what is good behavior is what separates you from the others who are using and abusing your trust. You can use that discernment to do what is also right for you.
Banned
#247 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 4:41 PM
So is it good to be nice and get walked on? Or is better to be a bitch, and have everyone hate you?
You're wrong to believe those who walk on you don't hate you. It's just they have reasons to hide it.
Top Secret Researcher
#248 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
You sound like a nice person Nevermore, because most people don't consdier such things. If people are using you though, that says more about the people you are being with than you. I have difficulty speaking my mind sometimes too, but you get better with practice and the more you do it, the better you become.

You can be supportive of people while still having your own barriers and not getting trampled on yourself. People may perceive your unwillingness to do what they want as 'bitchiness' but in fact sometimes not enabling bad behavior is a better and kinder choice because the other person doesn't continue in their bad ways.

I can't tell you how to act, because I'm not you and don't know the details of your sitaution, but the very fact that you question and think about what is right, and what is good behavior is what separates you from the others who are using and abusing your trust. You can use that discernment to do what is also right for you.

Thank you, SimsLover50. That means a lot. I mean I know I am too nice, because I am the type of person that can never say no. Literally, I see someone that needs help, and I try to help as best as I can.

I remember when I was little I saw a man with a sign, needing money for food. So, I asked my mom if we could help him. She scoffed saying: "They only use it for alcohol." And I said: "He still needs help, and I would like to help him. And I don't care what he uses the money for." My mom gave in and gave me 5 dollars, and I handed it to him. And they way his face lit up, and how happy he seemed, made me feel good. But not in the way, HA! I helped someone and it relieves whatever. No, it was, I am glad that I could bring a smile to someone's face.

For that reason, I help, even if I do NOT have the money. Or even if I am crying. I suck it up, and try to make others smile and laugh. Because their happiness means more to me, than that of my own. I mean...I know that...I have to love myself and make myself happy before going to help others. But they need it more than me. I can deal with myself later...That is how I see it.

Is that bad?

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Mad Poster
#249 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 8:25 PM
Nevermore, you are a sweet, sensitive, and most unselfish person to think of others as much as you do and to put their needs above yours. It's only bad if you are ignoring your needs, or if taking care of yourself first would make it possible to take care of others. Think of it this way: On the airplane, parents are cautioned to put their own air mask on before assisting their children. Why? Because if they don't, they might pass out before they get the mask on their child and then two people are out of luck.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#250 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 8:28 PM
"Is that bad?"

Being self-sacrificing is very noble, however if you do not have the ability to financially or emotionally assist, and you are perpetually giving, then you must consider why you don't value your own needs as highly as those of the other person. In order to continue to be generous, my feeling is that you must first be generous to yourself, and that means caring for your needs, not depleting your resources beyond what they can afford. Since you say you know that already, just reinforcing that idea, but I think caring for self, and being kind to yourself is equally important as the needs of a stranger.

Just my crummy advice for what its worth. =-)
Locked thread | Locked by: jhd1189 Reason: Please use the new thread!
Page 10 of 47