Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 1:42 PM
Default Unhiding the Hilary Duff hairstyle for elder females
Hey everyone!

So, yeah, the Hilary Duff hairstyle does show up for female elders too in my game, but only if they were adults with the hairstyle who aged up to elders. But other than that, it won't show up in CAS or the mirrors.

I've downloaded the HD package off of MATY, and have followed the tutorial on how to unhide clothing, hairstyles, etc..., but the it still won't show up:

Now, if you notice in the third pic above, the flag is already set to an even number, and from the tutorial, its stated that and even number means its unhidden, while an "uneven" no. means hidden, so, why is it still not showing up in game for female elders? I probably need to do some more tweaking, so, anyone?

I've uploaded package for anyone who check it out for me and help me out. (Thanks in advance!)
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  HDGrey.zip (571 Bytes, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 6:49 PM
Does "10" count as an even number when you're counting in hex? I'm not sure. I found something here about flags:

Quote:
FLAGS

Oh, the Flags value is a fun one. I don't pretend to know all of the things changing the Flags value can do, but here's what I do know:

Townie-Friendly: 0x00000000
(binned or multi-binned hairs flagged 0 are townie friendly; a 0 flag is a vital step to townie-enabling clothing. You can also townie-enable accessories and facial hair, probably makeup and possibly (though it may have awkward results) BV-binned jewelry.)
Hidden: 0x00000001
(will not show in Body Shop; will only show in CAS if testingcheats are enabled. Adding 1 to any non-hidden Flags value will hide that content, IE, 3, 9, B.)
Hat: 0x00000002
(ONLY FOR HAIRS: affects chemistry as a hat, can and will spawn on townies)
Townie-Disabled: 0x00000008
(Change your binned or multi-binned hairs' flags to 8 if they're far too weird or special to spawn on the police officer and cashier.)
Townie-Disabled Hat: 0x0000000A
(ONLY FOR HAIRS: affects chemistry as a hat, won't spawn on townies.)

Have you tried setting the flags value to "0"? It sounds like it will enable the hair for townies. Not sure if you want that or not, but at least if it shows up for elders in CAS, you'll know if you're on the right track.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Does "10" count as an even number when you're counting in hex? I'm not sure. I found something here about flags:

Have you tried setting the flags value to "0"? It sounds like it will enable the hair for townies. Not sure if you want that or not, but at least if it shows up for elders in CAS, you'll know if you're on the right track.

Okay, so I changed the value of the 'Flag', but what about the 'Category' part? I want it to appear in all categories (for now).
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 1:13 AM Last edited by fakepeeps7 : 29th Aug 2014 at 1:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Okay, so I changed the value of the 'Flag', but what about the 'Category' part? I want it to appear in all categories (for now).

It looks like the Category is already set so that the hair will show up in all categories: 0x0000137F. You could also try the code for "everything but maternity" (since you're working with an Elder hair here): 0x0000127F

EDITED TO ADD: I just thought of something else you could try. You could run the hair packages through a hair binning tool (once you've separated/extracted them) and see if that helps them show up in CAS.

EDITED TO ADD AGAIN: And another thought... You could also take a look at the SimPE package file of a grey hair that does show up in CAS and compare all the values in the Property Set. If there's something that's different, that might be where the problem is.

EDITED... YOU GET THE IDEA: I just tried looking at another hair that I know shows up for Elders. Age was set to 0x00000010. Flags was set to 0x00000000. Category was set to 0x0000127F.

It may be something to do with the fact that most grey hair isn't separate. It's combined with one of the other colours when it's binned... which is why I suggested rebinning the hair.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
It looks like the Category is already set so that the hair will show up in all categories: 0x0000137F. You could also try the code for "everything but maternity" (since you're working with an Elder hair here): 0x0000127F

EDITED TO ADD: I just thought of something else you could try. You could run the hair packages through a hair binning tool (once you've separated/extracted them) and see if that helps them show up in CAS.

EDITED TO ADD AGAIN: And another thought... You could also take a look at the SimPE package file of a grey hair that does show up in CAS and compare all the values in the Property Set. If there's something that's different, that might be where the problem is.

EDITED... YOU GET THE IDEA: I just tried looking at another hair that I know shows up for Elders. Age was set to 0x00000010. Flags was set to 0x00000000. Category was set to 0x0000127F.

It may be something to do with the fact that most grey hair isn't separate. It's combined with one of the other colours when it's binned... which is why I suggested rebinning the hair.

Oh wow! Thanks for all the checking! I tried to change the value of the category, but it still doesn't show up.

I'll see about the hair binning tool method, and let you know, but first, I should extract all the hair colours, right? (Obviously, I guess :P).

Thanks again! And please, if you have any more ideas, do let me know!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 6:10 PM