Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 3:46 PM
Default My world turning yellow in map view
Hey can somone tell me why the world go all yellow in map view but not in normal play view! I have been put all my efforts to this world please
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by radioaktiv_storm
Hey can somone tell me why the world go all yellow in map view but not in normal play view! I have been put all my efforts to this world please
I don't know what caused the problem, but forcing CAW to regenerate the textures might fix it. Couldn't hurt, in any case.

Cleaning the .world file of discarded textures
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 9:09 PM
When I change the camera settings to highest when I'm in caw the yellow disapears :O
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 11:00 AM
When I change the camera settings to highest when I'm in caw the yellow disapears :O

could it be my grapich card who is to old to regenrate CAW now with all the updates and stuff?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 4:17 PM
Investigation of the yellow field in CAW

I have been researching som more about this issue and find specific time when it happens and don't. Look at the pics I posted to understand

Paint the terrain just to show

Notice how the area get yellow in one square except the stoneterrain area I paint, and I have zoomed out to

Go in to EIG and in map view the the area is still yellow...

But when I enter in game view (when you playing or building on a lot) the yellow disapears...

Another pic to show what I mean

Going back to CAW mode and mark to clear all terrain and press Yes

And in some stranges way the yellow disapears, but if I paint again with terrain paint the world square it turns yellow.

Do someone know the cause of this have done the things written later in this thread but it doesn't work... please help!
Screenshots
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 5:39 PM
Well, we cannot comment if it is the graphic card or not, if we do not know what the card model is.
Post Game Help:System Specswiki.

If you want, zip up the CAW world and the associated folder, and upload it here and I can check if I get the same thing on my machine?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 6:31 PM
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9490)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9490&SUBSYS_E101174B&REV_00
Display Memory: 1024.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play-bildskärm
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7267 (English)

Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Realtek HD Audio output
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0885&SUBSYS_1458A102&REV_1001
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys
Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5780 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 1/20/2009 11:53:06, 5027840 bytes

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 95.1 GB
Total Space: 147.4 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: Hitachi HDS721616PLA380

Drive: E:
Free Space: 787.8 GB
Total Space: 953.6 GB
File System: FAT32
Model: Packard Bell Carbon USB Device
Instructor
#8 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 9:16 PM
The yellow is indicating camera non-routable area, which can be painted or erased in the last tab under Routing, in the painting and terrain window.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
The yellow is indicating camera non-routable area, which can be painted or erased in the last tab under Routing, in the painting and terrain window.

But it comes upp when I haven't even use the routing tool
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks

Their is difrences between the colors
Screenshots
In the Arena
retired moderator
#11 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 4:35 AM
I have bad news and good news.

The bad news is that it is indeed the HD 4600 graphics card, as I don't have any yellow on the map, on my machine.
That card has been tagged with Yellow MAYBEs since Pets (and its accompanying patch level) and Red NOs since Seasons (and its accompanying patch level) on the SysReq wiki page (link in my signature), to show that specs-wise this card would cause some issues for some people.

The good news is that we found the cause!
So you can now start making plans on what your next action is going to be to fix this. You can try driver updates + DirectX for now, but it won't be a long-term solution, and also not a guaranteed one. The card is simply not equipped to run the game and CAW at this stage of the franchise.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
I have bad news and good news.

The bad news is that it is indeed the HD 4600 graphics card, as I don't have any yellow on the map, on my machine.
That card has been tagged with Yellow MAYBEs since Pets (and its accompanying patch level) and Red NOs since Seasons (and its accompanying patch level) on the SysReq wiki page (link in my signature), to show that specs-wise this card would cause some issues for some people.

The good news is that we found the cause!
So you can now start making plans on what your next action is going to be to fix this. You can try driver updates + DirectX for now, but it won't be a long-term solution, and also not a guaranteed one. The card is simply not equipped to run the game and CAW at this stage of the franchise.

Ok that sucks-.-so can I just install a old version of caw that match with a couple of updates for BG and just that and where can Ifind old caw downloads
In the Arena
retired moderator
#13 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 1:54 PM Last edited by ellacharmed : 5th Dec 2013 at 2:00 PM. Reason: added link to thread
Older CAW versions are available at http://cawster.wordpress.com . Or I believe in one of the posts in the CAW troubleshooting thread.

[eta]
Yep, post#18 in https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595, but might have broken links so cawster is a safer bet.

Remember that to use any older CAW version, means that you have to uninstall the game and any newer packs. And then only patch the game up to the patch level that (older) CAW is compatible with. That goes for CC as well, cannot use CC meant for newer patches or require newer packs.

Might be a good idea to backup all integral data, if you meant to keep running Sims and CAW on that system. Once it starts showing graphical anomalies, it is like an avalanche has been started.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 9:48 PM Last edited by ellacharmed : 6th Dec 2013 at 5:11 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4291322, 4291399, 4291440
I test to run phase 13 patch
BG

Pets

CAW
------------------
BG

Pets

CAW

It didn't work couldnt start CAW or even go in to create a family so testing to patch up to highest with just BG
------------------
Just installed the BG and patched it upp to the highest level and it's no more yellow ....unfortunaley the files I saved of the world is corrupted and keeps giving the yellow but not if I start with a new project, just have to rebuilt everything again ....well guess that's life. I will put pets stuff in the world seperatly and in the near future buy me a new grapich card ^^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 12:30 AM
BG

Pets

CAW
------------------

It didn't work couldnt start CAW or even go in to create a family so testing to patch up to highest with just BG
------------------
Just installed the BG and patched it upp to the highest level and it's no more yellow ....unfortunaley the files I saved of the world is corrupted and keeps giving the yellow but not if I start with a new project, just have to rebuilt everything again ....well guess that's life. I will put pets stuff in the world seperatly and in the near future buy me a new grapich card ^^

NOPE it's not working.....
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 10:05 AM
That happened to me once, at first, I thought it was texture then I realized that I never used that so thought it could be a GPU problem because it can cause red textures all over the place. But when the camera near the position of that, it is gone, so I really thought it was a GPU problem, try to fix by upgrading or overclocking. If not, it is a inside-WORLD.file problem, it never occured on my other world, anyway.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSimsBuilder4000
That happened to me once, at first, I thought it was texture then I realized that I never used that so thought it could be a GPU problem because it can cause red textures all over the place. But when the camera near the position of that, it is gone, so I really thought it was a GPU problem, try to fix by upgrading or overclocking. If not, it is a inside-WORLD.file problem, it never occured on my other world, anyway.

In my case is was my grapich card and have now got me a new one^^