Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2005 at 2:17 PM
Default problem with new mesh recolor
Hi everybody,

I've tried to find a solution to my problem by myself with the search, but I don't find the same problem.
So I decide to post here.
I have try to recolor an new mesh object.
I've all done like I did usely (export texture, change it with corel photo paint, import new texture, update all sizes, commit and save.)
When I open my new package with SimPE, the new texture appears very well so it is well saved (I think)
But, when I go in my game, in place of my new recolor there is a white texture whith a file name wrotten on and abig thin red X on it... :confused:
I have try to recolor another time, and nothing had changed...
I'm perplexed, that never happened before. I've done three recolors of a same object, they all appears in the choice section of the game and they have the little "flower" at the left corner, so they are in the game, but all with the same crazy texture that looks like a newspaper.
Any help or indication of a existing tutorial about this trouble is completly welcomed!!!!
Thanks
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th May 2005 at 3:20 PM
You're asking a questio about modding. So I'm moving this to the appropriate forum.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th May 2005 at 3:22 PM
It happens to me also so If theres a solution PLEASE let me know. Its only new meshed objects that I get the newspaper look with.
Instructor
#4 Old 17th May 2005 at 4:28 PM
This means that it can't find the texture. This can happen when the links between the material override, material definition and texture are not setup right.

Without seeing the package though I can't tell you what is exactly wrong.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th May 2005 at 4:56 AM
There's a great explanation for this at N99 by Kiri of Simthing for Everyone, I know she comes here so hopefully she will see this and post her pictures for you. This is the link, if you belong to N99 (a fantastic forum )
Neighborhood 99

I would try to explain but wouldn't want to mess someone up, I will e-mail her tomorrow and let her know about this thread if she hasn't seen it.....she's an awesome lady

Jessica

"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without the work"
Sophisticated Sims
Featured Artist at Spiffy Sims
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th May 2005 at 10:12 AM
hi,

First, thank you Daysies for replace the post, sorry I ignore what is modding (I'm just one step above the new be!) and my old dictionnary ignore it too...

SnowStorm, if you want I can send the package, I have seen a story of links in a Numenors always great tutorial, but I was not really sure that it concern my problem, and I have to understand a lot of things about this tuto witch is very long.
If you have a moment take a look and tell me what's going wrong, thanks to propose it!

JessicaRitchie,
Thanks for the link, I don't belong to N99, perhaps could I have a look to her explaination. I will try as soon as I can.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  wondernounou_recolor-TA539-eggchair.rar (22.8 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#7 Old 18th May 2005 at 1:29 PM
From what I can see so far, in your material definition file, the stdMatBaseTextureName has an extra ##0x1c050000!. You need to remove that as well as the extra one on the file lists tab of the material definition.

I'm can't test it in game atm to see if that is all, but start there and see if that fixes it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th May 2005 at 1:59 PM
Hi SnowStorm, :howdy:

Sorry for this late answer, but I was unable to connect me to mts2 without bugs all the time in yesterday evening.
You was right! :clap: when I have removed the extra ##0x1c050000! in the stdMatBase textureName, it had worked very well in my game. I have to thanks you for giving your time for me like you did, and so quickly. It's very kind. Here at mts2 I find people so helpfull! It's really comforting when you are a beginner to get such a support .Thank you very much.
I have no answer from Ta539 about allowing me to recolor her object, but I want to send you a pic for a detail I don't understand (one's more!)
My first recolor was bad, and I have got to change the recolor after I saw it at the first time. When I have put it in my donwload folder again, it was good in the game but have kept the first texture in the choice section... Maybe have I forgoten something? Perhaps the file list tab that you where talking about, and that I'm not sure that it have to be changed... I have not really understood the second part of your post I think...
Thank's for all.:thumb:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th May 2005 at 8:48 PM
Sorry, I've find it. I've find what is the file list tab and where it is. Sometimes I feel a little stupid with my questions when it was so simple! That don't affect the choice section problem but I have learnt one thing!lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th May 2005 at 11:46 AM
Hi everybody!

I'll post here the three recolors I've done to show them.
I would want to share, but there always is the problem with the choice window in the game that show a newspaper texture, even if the chair looks good in the game... I would like to give a good work, if someone can help me to fix the problem, it will be welcomed!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th May 2005 at 12:21 PM
oh my God, I've got a problem with the picture size :banghead:

But, GOOD NEW! When I've went in the game to take another screenshot, I've seen that the little choice window problem was over... :loco: I don't know how and why but no need help any more and i'll share the recolors as soon as I'll have the TA539 "OK" for that! :elephant:
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#12 Old 27th May 2005 at 7:38 PM Last edited by karrsareus : 27th May 2005 at 8:46 PM.
Ok, I have been having the same problem with those wicked numbers....aaarrrrrggggg... I found this thread and was able to change the file name to delete the extra ##0x1C050000!. But I cannot get the stdMatBaseTextureName to change. Here are the steps that I have taken. I opened simpe. Clicked on plugins object workshop and found the original mesh (now is that correct? thats the one I should change and not the recolor correct?) Once I clicked on it and went thru the name the file routine etc...Then I clicked on material definition and then to content (at the bottom). See pic. it shows ##0x1C050000!##0x1c050000!tablediningquaint__f295facf-1584-49c2-9388-e8340cff4c51-red-[Karrsareus-27.5.2005-c2b3b] no matter what I do, I cannot get it to change. I tried changing it in the value. I just cannot get it to stay. Any suggestions?

I am so sorry for being so dense! I hate that, but I just seem to be missing a step or something (or a couple brain cells, lol)

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.
Karrsareus

Ok, DUR! I read some more and went to Neighborhood99 and I'll be darned, it works! This has been making me crazy for a while...now I have to find something else to blame the craziness on! LOL
Thanks
Karr
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#13 Old 28th May 2005 at 3:58 PM
I have a recolour problem two I made a Item created new TXTR(Texture Image) did the MATD (Material Definition) did the MMAT ( Material Overide ) Shap parts

But the object won't recolour, it has no texture to choose from when clone colours?? any clue to why.

Has 7 textures - PLS Help recolour problem.

the object is awesome will post when uploads is up
Its a Honda Shadow Sabre Motorbike.
Instructor
#14 Old 28th May 2005 at 11:03 PM
Was the base object colour enabled? (Does the GMND have a tsDesignModeEnabled block) If so does the item(s) listed match the models listed in the GMDC? And does the material override reference the proper model in the GMDC and have the correct guid. Have you run the Scene Grapher plugin to see if anything is not setup properly?