Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 9:13 AM
Default Game Selector 3.0
So I recently downloaded game selector 3.0 from Mod The Sims.It is a program that allows you to choose what EP and SPs you want to play and it magically hides the others. It's very simple. But when I launched only the base game the launcher came up and when I clicked play, nothing happened. Then after some time when I would launch the base game even without game selector I would get the error Sims3Launcher stopped working and when I run it without the launcher nothing happens. By this, I mean the game opens in task manager and shuts down. And yes, I have already tried the DEP. Can somebody please help me?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 2:21 PM
Somebody, pleeeeeeeease?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Garnier
So I recently downloaded game selector 3.0 from Mod The Sims.It is a program that allows you to choose what EP and SPs you want to play and it magically hides the others. It's very simple. But when I launched only the base game the launcher came up and when I clicked play, nothing happened. Then after some time when I would launch the base game even without game selector I would get the error Sims3Launcher stopped working and when I run it without the launcher nothing happens. By this, I mean the game opens in task manager and shuts down. And yes, I have already tried the DEP. Can somebody please help me?

I'm not familiar with the game selector but with regards to DEP: DEP settings are obsolete. Set them to the default (Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only.
If you are not using the Superpatch or do have it installed I would try installing or reinstalling. On a reinstall it will tell you you are already patched, proceed anyways. Doing so has been known to resolve Launcher issues.

Edit: Reboot your computer after any DEP changes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 4:46 PM
The problem seems to keep changing. I managed to make the launcher start and then the game would crash on loading screen and the game selector hides all the games after OL from the launcher and I think he somehow hid the base game. This is so weird.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Garnier
The problem seems to keep changing. I managed to make the launcher start and then the game would crash on loading screen and the game selector hides all the games after OL from the launcher and I think he somehow hid the base game. This is so weird.
Are you clicking on the games that you want to hide, or the one's that you want to play?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 1:23 PM
I hide the games and then click the big button but now I uninstalled all the games and installed only the base game and I tried to play it without game selector and it crashes on the first loading screen and I think it's because the game selector somehow messed up everything. Now I'm looking for a way to reverse the changes game selector made if there is one.

PS: While I was still trying to use game selector I notices that once I hid the games after Pets I couldn't turn them back on. When I clicked on the launcher they would be hidden and it crashed on the 1st loading screen every time. Anyway, my top problem is how to reverse the changes game selector made to my computer. I would be really grateful.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 4:36 PM
Hi Garnier...have you changed the DEP settings back to the default (Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 6:33 PM
Yes I did, but nothing happened. Anyway I uninstalled all the sims and made sure there's nothing left on the computer whatsoever and then I installed them again. Now everything's fine again. Thhanks for your help.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 8:00 PM
One problem might be that the game selector does not work well with pirated versions of Sims 3. It was designed for authentic Sims 3 games/structures meaning... that if you're using a pirated or modded game structure... your guess is as good as a frogs as to what actually got changed... and the only solution for that is usually reinstalling it. Although... you can hit Save on the top of the game selector instead of the large activate button and it 'could' give you the projected results. If you're running an authentic version of the Sims game... I'm not sure what to tell ya.