Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 5:17 PM
Default Stop sims from autonomously changing into outerwear.
Hello
Basically I'm looking for a way to stop my sims from changing into outerwear unless I tell them to. Ideally, I would like to find a way to stop them from changing at all without me telling them to, but the outerwear is the part that really bugs me as I have a granny flat built and my sim is constantly changing into her outerwear to get to and from the main house.

I tried installing this mod:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=516658
But it didn't seem to work.

I read through the tutorials on here and tried to make one myself but that didn't work either.

If there isn't anything existing that does this then I'd be happy to make something myself if anyone would be willing to help. However I've never made any sort of custom content before so I would need quite a bit of guidance.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 5:23 PM
Oops! It seems like I posted this same question about 6 months ago - I forgot all about it. Obviously I couldn't figure it out then because it's still bugging me!
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 4:03 AM
Default same issue
This mod does not work for me either. It actually doesn't even show up in the "mod popup" list on the main menu of my game. So, unless this mod is supposed to be placed somewhere other than the "mods" folder, i would say that it no longer works. Let's hope she gives us some insight as to what we are doing incorrectly, or she fixes the issue, because autonomous outerwear changing is really fecking annoying!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 6:33 AM
And hopefully to shed more light on the issue, I tried disabling "change into outerwear" in Returner and it had no effect whatsoever. Which makes me suspicious that a tuning mod might not work for this at all, for whatever crazy reason. Possibly a mod to turn the trigger temperature way down would work.
Instructor
#5 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 6:50 AM
You can use NRaas Retuner to adjust the temperature where Sims change into and out of outerwear, but the adjustment will affect the whole town I believe. If you want to give it a go, here's the values I use, you would need to make adjustments to your liking:

Change at what temperature Sims switch into and out of their Outerwear.
Temperatures are in degrees Fahrenheit.
Increase the default value of 32 to make Sims change into Outerwear before it gets too cold.
Increase the default value of 50 to make Sims change out of Outerwear at a warmer temperature.

General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.Actors > Sim

kTemperatureToSwitchToOuterwear > 50
kTemperatureToSwitchOutOfOuterwear > 60