Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 2:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Clothes/outfits won't show up
Problem 1:
Hello guys, I've been downloading a lot of clothes from modthesims2 recently while some work fine, others just won't show up or they show up but it's a different outfit...

Problem 2:
And recently in the sportwear section for teen female clothes...I got no idea of how it came here but I get this naked body. :insane: I really don't know what went wrong and the problem is that I've been downloading clothes in bunches...and I can't delete the naked body.

I also have this problem with some of the sims I've downloaded...they just won't show up altho I got all things required.

while other outfits just plain won't show up...does anyone has an answer to my questions? please?
thank you in advance. :nod:
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 2:34 PM
For the clothes that won't show up. Maybe they need a mesh. The link to the mesh should be in the post where you downloaded them. Make sure you have the mesh, if you haven't they won't show up.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 2:38 PM
For the naked body, it sounds like you've downloaded some nude clothing. Does the naked outfit show up in everyday too?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
For the naked body, it sounds like you've downloaded some nude clothing. Does the naked outfit show up in everyday too?

Nope it shows only in the sport wear section T_T and i can't delete it... I got no idea how it came into that folder, it just appeared like that...and I don't remember downloaded nude clothing :insane:
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 5:35 PM
Find and remove it with clean installer.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 8:10 AM
what if you already downloaded the mesh and the clothes still do not show up in the game? what should i do about that problem?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 6:27 PM
Did you put them in subfolders? You cant subfolder bodyshop content w/o NL.

Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 4:03 PM
I'm having the same problem as Interlude, so I hope they don't mind me jumping in!

What do you mean by sub-folders? I download anything I want by unzipping it into a dated folder in the my documents folder, and then using Sims File Maid 2 to copy it into the game.

Some of the items in the folder appear in the game, but others don't. I can't seem to get any jewellry or any 'complete' sims, and many of the clothes items don't show up. I check for meshes and download if available.

Am I just looking in the wrong places? Could it be that I have quite heavy anti-virus protection installed (at hubby's insistance!)

Any help would be appreciated!!!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#9 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 4:56 PM
Buxomwench, you have nl, so you don't need to worry about it.

Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 11:16 AM
Help I'm confused! I hope you don't mind me jumping in, but you lot seem to know what you're talking about. My problem is this: I've never downloaded anything to the sims 2 in my life. I tried to download two one-piece clothing, quite a lot of hair and a skin tone. But they don't seem to show up in the game or the body shop. Can anyone explain to me how to download in a way that won't confuse me? And what on earth is this stuff about downloading mesh's? Thnx so much!

8) TTFN! Luv CosmicYumYum 8)
Luv, Hugs and Pink Chocolate Popcorn!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 12:21 PM
The mesh is the 'shape' of the clothing, hair or object- you'll notice that several outfits look the same but come in different colours, that is because they share the same mesh. If someone has made clothes which use a different mesh from those which are already in the game, you'll need to download the mesh too. On MTS2 there is always a link to the mesh file. If the clothing is just a new colour of the clothes that are already in game, you don't need a mesh. However, if you download clothes that are made using meshes from an expansion pack you don't have they will not work- you have to download only clothes that are for the EPs you have. Clothes, genetics and sims need to go in the saved sims folder if you do not have Nightlife. This thread may give you more information:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=46633
Also, this checklist may be useful:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=52706
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 12:04 AM
I have a similar problem with clothing, make up, jewelry etc. My son added an extra hard drive on my computer - everything is working fine except my clothes. And Sim File Maid won't unzip anything at all into my game. Also, if I am reading the above correctly, if you have NL you can put clothing in a sub folder? Please help. Thanks
Scholar
#13 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 1:10 AM
chillinfree....you can subfolder clothing and hair etc in the Downloads folder if you have NL
you can't subfolder in the SavedSims one
but both are acceptable folders to keep clothes and the like in
try unzipping using an extraction tool such as WinRAR (it does zip as well) to your desktop
then put the items in whichever folder you want to keep the stuff
if it is a sims2package you can try opening it with Clean Installer and then installing it from there. it will go into the downloads folder
run BodyShop and see if the clothes show up properly. if so they should appear in the game
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 3:31 AM
chillinfree2003, please check out the FAQs- I posted links to them in this thread, in my last post. They explain all this.
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 5:21 PM
Simsample - I did print your links off and tried them last night to no avail and then downloaded a new article of clothing and that didn't work either. I'll try putting them in folders to see if that works. Thanks all.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 10:46 PM
Put them in the saved sims folder, that usually works.
Instructor
#17 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Put them in the saved sims folder, that usually works.

but that doesn't work with stuff YOU created... I've lost my stuff in dunno what bodyshop crash... my creations are all gone but I backed the .package-files up. I copied them into the downloads and saved sims folder and nuthin... i already read out every FAQ but nothin could help me with this... I HAVE those files but they won#t show up!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#18 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 6:26 PM
Are you talking about the files from the projects folder? Those won't work.

Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 9:01 PM
Is there a way to tell what i've already downloaded from MTS2? I've got loads of files that apparently don't have meshes, because all I see in BS is black t-shirts and jeans, or the other defaults.

If not, is that a way to search just meshes, and not all of the items?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 11:11 PM
Aleesha, you need to open the texture files you've created using bodyshop (as new projects), and then import them into the game. The files which are from the projects folder will not work in game until you import them.
alpha_hazard, you need to go back to where you got the clothes from and follow the links to get the meshes.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:16 AM
i too am havin issues with clothes,i downloaded maturity clothes and only a coupls showed up, the others show as the red shirt,tan pants deal, and no matter what i put on my mom to be she goes out naked :sadpanda: .all the clothes were from here plz help
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:55 AM
Why do some things not come with the custom meshes they are made with anyway? I'm not trying to be critical, I just don't understand, if I have .rar or .zip file with the same mesh in it, won't it just override anyway?

Also, why does TSE.com offer "Free" downloads and then charge you for the mesh? Now I am being critical...that's just plain crap.

Also...that's it.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#23 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alpha_hazard
Why do some things not come with the custom meshes they are made with anyway?
Because the mesh creator probably doesn;t want the mesh to be redistributed.
Quote: Originally posted by alpha_hazard
I'm not trying to be critical, I just don't understand, if I have .rar or .zip file with the same mesh in it, won't it just override anyway?
No. Each mesh will be loaded by the game, but only one will be used.

Instructor
#24 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 7:55 AM
thanks simsample, I thought there was something wrong with it lol^^. I used the backed up textures to recreate my files and now I got em right in game *hehe*... I'm so glad I got backups...
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 11:17 AM
does anyone know of a mesh or something that will help with my preggo clothes issue
Page 1 of 2