Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 7:41 PM
Default Uni students in the homeworld
This is the opposite of the question in this thread: my Sim graduated and returned to her homeworld. I expected to see at least some students and/or graduates going around but so far, I've seen none. Will they appear later or not at all or is it just my game?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 11:53 PM
You may, or may not(I'm not sure) see Sims with degrees. But I don't believe you will see any of Sims you met at Uni

You can however, ask them to visit and ask them to move in or get married with will inevitably add them to your household. And your homeworld.

--Edit

I may have misspoken, if Uni acts in the same manner as World Adventures, then you may see Uni. sims visiting on occasion. I'm not 100%
Scholar
#3 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 1:04 AM
my sims child son...has a UL friend in the cache...i dont know how this could have been possible
unless he meet them at a community lot....nope no UL students have been invited to her home...(havent even tryed it yet with
any sim)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 1:29 AM
No Uni stufdents returned in mine. But you could always invite them. Then you can be friendly to them, ask them to move in, and then move them back out to somewhere else in the town.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 3:49 AM
I know they can be invited, etc. I just expected to see at least some of them walking around and possibly even being integrated into the homeworld; after all, they have graduated and are therefore much better qualified for high-end careers than your average Sim.

And for that matter, what happens to them down the road? I am not there yet but I certainly won't be happy if my Sim's child goes to university and encounters the same set of students as the mother. And if the child encounters a new set - what happened to the old ones, then? Were they simply deleted by the game? Has anybody got that far or read the code?
Instructor
#6 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 10:15 PM
I've been wondering the same thing. Honestly, knowing EA I don't expect much. I took the "long" route with one of my sims for him to earn his degree and some of his old friends were walking around in graduation robes already and he could congratulate them for graduating. My guess is that you'll keep on meeting the same sims on the premise that all of them are probably trying to earn more than one degree. *shrugs*

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*