Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 7:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Wise Old Man Missing--Takemizu Village
Hello! I hope you can help me! I have a desktop Mac computer. I'm running OSX 10.6.8. I have all the expansion packs and stuff packs that came out for Mac. I've categorized this as a Bug/Glitch rather than a Mac problem because I don't know if it's specific to a Mac or not.

I recently sent a sim to Takemizu Village for a vacation. He stayed in a custom hotel that I built. He had a map to the secret lot in his inventory before he went, and he found another one while on a tour. I sent the sim to the secret lot.

The Pagoda in the Shadows loaded just fine, but the Wise Old Man was nowhere to be seen. Thinking perhaps he was just hiding somewhere on the lot, I had my sim sit down and serve tea at the tea table. The Wise Old Man did not show up. When he finished his tea, my sim got up and started doing Tai Chi. He had learned Tai Chi earlier on the vacation, but he performed it autonomously. I know that sims can do that, so I wasn't too concerned until he stopped and started again. He continued doing that until I sent him back to his hotel with a "Walk to Lot...Home" command.

I have checked as best I can. I used the Sim Blender's Change Name function just to see all the sims in the neighborhood, and I used the Teleport function to see if his name showed up. There was no sign of "Wise Old Man" or "Hermit" using either of those methods. I don't know what else to do. Please help!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 10:37 PM
I don't know anything about Sims and Apple but he should be in the Default family, with the dead and such.

Is the rest of Takemizu working as expected from a Far East destination, are locals performing the bowing, walking with their head down and all?
Could something in your Downloads be bothering him?
I suppose it's the first visit to the Pagoda during that vacation, and you just have the three original vacation sub-neighbourhoods?

(Does the Hood Checker work with macs?)
Theorist
#3 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 1:29 AM
Haven't done any vacation trips for awhile but, I do remember one of the NPCs on secret lots went missing. Either the Wise Old Man or the one needing repairs done for sim to receive a reward. I had to search the lot carefully to see where he wandered off to and finally found him. Those lots are much too big for what little is on them. If he can't be found, just leave and try again. That's all I can suggest. Eventually a knowledgeable person from MTS will post much better suggestions on what to do.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
I don't know anything about Sims and Apple but he should be in the Default family, with the dead and such.

Is the rest of Takemizu working as expected from a Far East destination, are locals performing the bowing, walking with their head down and all?
Could something in your Downloads be bothering him?
I suppose it's the first visit to the Pagoda during that vacation, and you just have the three original vacation sub-neighbourhoods?

(Does the Hood Checker work with macs?)

As far as I could tell, he was not in the Default family...

Takemizu is working fine other than this, as far as I can tell.

I'll check to see if something in Downloads is causing it. (50/50 method, here I come!)

HoodChecker does not work on Macs as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the suggestions! :-)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 8:45 PM
The Wise Old Man should be generated when you go to the lot the first time. This sounds like it might be a false call (i.e. the game botched the call up). Did you try going to the lot again? Is this the first time you went to that lot in that neighbourhood?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 8:56 PM
Too bad, about the Hood Checker I thought maybe his character file could have been deleted somehow, otherwise he should be in the Default family (I checked in one of my hoods and he does have a character file, unlike some universal NPC's).
If he did appear somewhere, I would hope it was just a hiccup of the game, or maybe he was invisible because of a default/mod overriding his appearance, or something.
But it's weird that you're not able to find a "Hermit" anywhere, indeed.
Can neighbourhoods travel from OSX to Windows? If you upload your hood, can we open it in SimPE or have a look at it with the Hood Checker? (Sorry for the naive questions, I really don't know anything about sims+macs).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 11:50 PM
Default Solved--Somehow!
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Too bad, about the Hood Checker I thought maybe his character file could have been deleted somehow, otherwise he should be in the Default family (I checked in one of my hoods and he does have a character file, unlike some universal NPC's).
If he did appear somewhere, I would hope it was just a hiccup of the game, or maybe he was invisible because of a default/mod overriding his appearance, or something.
But it's weird that you're not able to find a "Hermit" anywhere, indeed.
Can neighbourhoods travel from OSX to Windows? If you upload your hood, can we open it in SimPE or have a look at it with the Hood Checker? (Sorry for the naive questions, I really don't know anything about sims+macs).

I loaded a backup of the neighborhood from a couple of days ago and tried again. This time I sent the sim to the secret lot as soon as he and his friend checked into their hotel. Behold, I have a Wise Old Man! (I was going to put in a picture but it didn't work...)

I don't know why the problem is fixed. I'm going to assume that somewhere between the backup and yesterday, something got messed up. Thanks so much for all your help, everyone! I really, really appreciate it!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 12:28 AM
Sometimes the game just hiccups - the WOM is not a unversal and needs to generate for each neighbourhood. He just didn't the first time you went. That just happens sometimes.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 11:19 AM
Sometimes, your Sims have to sit around waiting for him. Sometimes he is there right away. I recently send a Sim to the WOM with his map - and he had to spend some time fishing and drinking tea before the old man showed up, arriving in a cloud of smoke, like the Ninja does.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Sometimes, your Sims have to sit around waiting for him. Sometimes he is there right away. I recently send a Sim to the WOM with his map - and he had to spend some time fishing and drinking tea before the old man showed up, arriving in a cloud of smoke, like the Ninja does.
I've never seen anything like that, and I've done a lot of Pagoda visiting (for testing purposes among other things), I wonder what's causing such differences.