Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 2:18 PM
Default Uni..too easy!
I must have a mod in there that makes college way too easy. This is not even fun anymore. But I cannot seem to find it!
Maybe you guys can help.....
The only mod that has "major" in it's name, is by Phaenoh, MajorRevamp.
I have tried searchin with other words of course, but cannot find anything.
What are the known, exsisting UNI related mods?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 2:33 PM
Considering most people find uni too easy as it is, I don't imagine there are many mods that make it easier. You also haven't specified what it is that is easy, which makes it very difficult to help.

I would start by making a throw-away hood and test uni without any downloads, and see if it really is different from your regular game. Just rename your Sims 2 folder and let the game generate a new one that you can test in. If that test shows that there is a difference, add in half of your mods and see if that changes it. And so on until you find it.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 2:40 PM
Why do you think it's a mod? What happens exactly?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 3:31 PM
Everything I know of makes University harder, not easier. You should look into those, and also into rulesets like "nobody studies for skills without a want." That one works great if you haven't skilled the heck out of them as they grew up.

Also, focus more on parties, dating, and story drama. Set non-academic goals for individual sims, like: "This Romance sim will date the entire frat, all the llamas, and the male cow mascot." "This Popularity sim must throw two parties every semester," "This Pleasure sim can never lock a want." Spend more time visiting University community lots, as it speeds up the semester. Add new community lots that provide distractions from academic achievement, dive bars and drug dens and so on. Combine households till you can't monitor them all anymore and sit back and watch the chaos. Invite teen friends to on-campus outings and give them "the college tour." Ooh, that's a good idea, I'm gonna try that...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#5 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 3:41 PM
Good ideas, also have them go on a spring break vacation to Twikki islands, start a home business (may need a mod for that) with a ticket machine (great way to up your greek house rating).

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Instructor
#6 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 3:44 PM
If it feels too easy for you, there are tons of mods to help! I currently have a mod for college years that are equal to only one semester instead of two, and each of those semesters is two days long. Getting students to learn all the relevant skills for the semester in two days, especially in the way Peni mentioned above where I don't make them skill/study unless they roll the want, means that lots of students do pretty poorly. And yeah, try 8 college students in one dorm/sorority/fraternity/other off campus housing (or more if you have mods to allow that- I think the most I've had at once in a sorority was around 11). It can get nutty, especially with mods such as ACR involved!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 5:08 PM
I usually fill up all my dorms Last one i built have 8 little homes, so 8 students. but this does not make it harder....Ok well, I was sure it was mod making it easy!. Sorry.
Thank you for your suggestions

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 6:12 PM
I set my semesters for 24 hours, or 12 hours if I want a challenge. Otherwise everyone would be getting 4.0's all the time. I also only force them to learn 1 skill a semester (they can learn them on their own, e.g. Painting or playing chess autonomously)- sometimes if they get a want I will let them skill because some things aren't autonomous, but in general most Sims skill up do a decent part throughout their life and then when they're at uni they're ready to go. I also only give them 1 assignment per semester, because it's so easy to pass by making them do 10 assignments in a row or whatever. I give them jobs too, I think it was a flavour pack with InTeen. Frances J. Worthington III left university owning a business, being at level 8(?) of the business career, being a painter and having a 4.0 GPA. - and that was hard as hell. I also used chance cards (I usually don't if I want a Sim to get to the top of their career) and he got demoted every. single. time.

Quote:
"This Romance sim will date the entire frat, all the llamas, and the male cow mascot."

This was Jessie Pilferson's senior year in 1 sentence. She's now a 'sports psychologist' (based on her bio) - which basically means I gave her a little owned business that looks like an office where those in the athletic career pay money to talk to her for a little bit and become her friend. It really helps her secondary popularity aspiration.. and her romance aspiration

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#9 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 6:32 PM
Here is a mod to make the grades harder to earn: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8059.0
Cyjon's Bigger Bills makes tuition higher: http://cyjon.net/node/134

Uni would be boring (for me) without these mods to make it harder.

I also use the semester changer that @Bigsimfan12 mentioned, but I don't remember where I got it.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 1:22 AM
I use the term paper required mod. I wonder if anyone made a tuition only mod for Uni (not attached to bigger bills), like paying for the private school.
Theorist
#11 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 1:55 AM
The main reason I send teens to college is more time for them to date and have fun before adulthood kicks in. Yet, they will do their required studies to get decent grades, which don't take long at all. The rest of the time is spent working on relationships of those heading back to the neighborhood, visiting family and friends at home, going to their old hangouts with old friends not yet at Uni. They will also go off campus for dates with their old steadies or a new sim they met while away. Mainly doing all the things there is no time for if they go from teen to adult. Occasionally there are sims who just can't sit still long enough to stick with studies and do end up failing or getting kicked out. There are so many things in game that I enjoy having sims exerience, so Uni is just as much a benifit to me as it is for them, maybe more for me.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Instructor
#12 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 4:48 PM
I find uni easy too, but I don't like using so many mods, and also sometimes for the story I'm telling it is beneficial to have it be too easy rather than too difficult..so what I do for a lot of sims is just have them focus on other things so they might not always have time to get perfect assignment scores - I have my student sims get more into their interests and hobbies, start a band, join the secret society, earn talent badges, form friendships, etc.. This also solves the problem of uni seeming too long as well

Bustin' Out!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 5:08 PM Last edited by roxmaniac : 1st Apr 2015 at 5:19 PM.
I have started to only let them write the essay or do an assignment if it's in their want panel. So far 2 dropouts hehe
The other students can help by influenses if it's in their panel. For example if someone wants to studdy together with someone he can ask someone who really needs to do it.
the same with influenses to cook a meal or fix somethink to get skills for example.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 1:27 PM
I never really thought about making Uni harder, I did use a mod that removed dorm mate invulnerability to spice things up. It was fun to see them pass out all over the dorm because the AI had no idea how to handle their needs. Even had a few deaths. Haunted dormitory, whoo!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 9:05 PM
I use 48 hour uni (although I am thinking of switching to 36) and I am trying out the term paper required mod. Seeing I only play uni to wants I'm expecting mass failures. Not many sims except knowledge or fortune sims roll wants to do their term paper.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 9:13 PM
I too am using the 48 hour semester and the term paper required mod and this makes it much more challenging and realistic...
Alchemist
#17 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 9:20 PM
Do you have the shorter university mod? That could be something, that gives your sim less time to study and everything. Especially the longer time goes as it takes longer time to skill up further
Scholar
#18 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 10:53 PM Last edited by Selly_2009 : 3rd Apr 2015 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Typo - I did mean the 48 hr mod, sorry!
Now that I have the 48-hr semester (72 was just TOO long; it got boring) and term paper required mods, I find college about right... especially when I work according to the wants of my sims. Not all of them get to go (they have to be saying "go to college" for most of their teen years and/or have a LTW that requires a degree) and the ones that do only have to physically work in some way if any of the following occur:
Write Term Paper
Do Assignment
Get on Dean's List
Gain a Skill Point (generic or specific)
Or they roll the fear of Get On Academic Probation and they can't pass without obtaining a skill point somewhere...

They still go to class if their bar isn't full (not sure if it's my mods or not, but they don't go when it IS full), and they always attend their final exams... beyond that I let them do what they like... my studious ones get the A-grades, we have the ones who coast through, then we have the dropouts and the expelled ones.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 10:59 PM
42? Is that another mod? I thought it was 48.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#20 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 8:35 AM
I guess it was a typo.
48 hours. Or even 24 hours.

I use the 24 hours one.
Even for a controlling player like me it may get rather hard for some Sims. Which is cool, I just don't want them all to pass.
And I must say it fits my rotations much better.