Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1401 Old 16th May 2013 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
http://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/

The blog is back.

Can I get a halleluja? Thank you so much!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1402 Old 25th May 2013 at 8:20 PM
I'm not quite sure if I'm doing this correctly, but I could use some help. :x

Everything imports into Milkshape fine, including the model and the rigs. The only problem I'm having is when I'm making the actual pose.
What I recall from making poses in the Sims 2 is that when the you would move the joint on the model, the whole model would move and morph into whatever you are doing. But the problem I'm having now that I'm doing it for Sims 3 is that when I go to move the model and the joint lights up green and everything, the model stays still, but the highlighted green skeleton segment is the only part that moves (I attached pictures so it makes more sense than me just trying to explain it).

Is that supposed to happen or did I do something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Alchemist
Original Poster
#1403 Old 27th May 2013 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MelissaMarie_16
I'm not quite sure if I'm doing this correctly, but I could use some help. :x

Everything imports into Milkshape fine, including the model and the rigs. The only problem I'm having is when I'm making the actual pose.
What I recall from making poses in the Sims 2 is that when the you would move the joint on the model, the whole model would move and morph into whatever you are doing. But the problem I'm having now that I'm doing it for Sims 3 is that when I go to move the model and the joint lights up green and everything, the model stays still, but the highlighted green skeleton segment is the only part that moves (I attached pictures so it makes more sense than me just trying to explain it).

Is that supposed to happen or did I do something wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Make sure you click the Anim button that is in the lower right hand corner of Milkshape before you start selecting and rotating joints.
Scholar
#1404 Old 27th May 2013 at 1:45 PM
Ok, this is a fairly stupid question, but I'm a fairly stupid person

I'va scanned through the last couple of pages to check I'm not re-asking questions, but I'm sure you understand I don't feel like reading all 57 pages, so apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

I started making poses yesterday with Blender, I game tested them and there are a few adjustments to be made where the arms clip into clothes etc, but... I can't for the life of me work out how to re-open the poses I've already made to edit them! I'm certain you don't have to start over, but I really can't work this out

Also, I've read posing with objects tutorials, I was just wondering if you have to use CC objects or if there's a way to get official objects from the game. I just want to do seated/lying poses on chairs and beds, and don't have any CC chairs and beds. Do I have to download some specifically for creating poses?

Oh, and one more (sorry!), is there a way to move the floor? Does that make sense?
Say I made a lying pose, and I wanted it to be used on the floor, if I tilt the whole body to lie it down then it's floating in mid-air in game, how do I move the height it is?

Thanks in advance for answers, and sorry if my questions don't make sense or have already been asked

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Forum Resident
#1405 Old 27th May 2013 at 9:54 PM
Gemly: use S3OC to clone (you may have to deep clone) whatever object you want to use.
ISTR the pose is saved in a .clip file. Just reload the clip you saved, or extract it from your
package and reload it.
I think brootbind is the one you need to move (not rotate or scale) to get the sim on the
floor, but I'm not sure since it's been quite a while since I've done anything with this stuff.
Test Subject
#1406 Old 28th May 2013 at 1:56 AM
Make sure you click the Anim button that is in the lower right hand corner of Milkshape before you start selecting and rotating joints.

Ah, thanks for the reply! (: I actually did just that, and it was still giving me a hassle. Is it maybe cause I saved something wrong on the model or...?

things to put on my resume
  • i have as many oscars as leonardo dicarprio
--

i still don't know what rolling in the deep even means
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1407 Old 28th May 2013 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
Ok, this is a fairly stupid question, but I'm a fairly stupid person

I'va scanned through the last couple of pages to check I'm not re-asking questions, but I'm sure you understand I don't feel like reading all 57 pages, so apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

I started making poses yesterday with Blender, I game tested them and there are a few adjustments to be made where the arms clip into clothes etc, but... I can't for the life of me work out how to re-open the poses I've already made to edit them! I'm certain you don't have to start over, but I really can't work this out

Also, I've read posing with objects tutorials, I was just wondering if you have to use CC objects or if there's a way to get official objects from the game. I just want to do seated/lying poses on chairs and beds, and don't have any CC chairs and beds. Do I have to download some specifically for creating poses?

Oh, and one more (sorry!), is there a way to move the floor? Does that make sense?
Say I made a lying pose, and I wanted it to be used on the floor, if I tilt the whole body to lie it down then it's floating in mid-air in game, how do I move the height it is?

Thanks in advance for answers, and sorry if my questions don't make sense or have already been asked
I don't blame you for not wanting to read all 57 pages so no worries about the questions. I've written several tutorials that go over different aspects of making Sim 3 poses using Blender and they are posted at A's blog here:

http://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/tutorials/

One of them goes over how to clone an EA object and bring it into Blender to use as a prop. The one showing how to make a toddler pose shows how to move the entire rig. Take a look at those and if you have questions feel free to post 'em there

Quote: Originally posted by MelissaMarie_16
Ah, thanks for the reply! (: I actually did just that, and it was still giving me a hassle. Is it maybe cause I saved something wrong on the model or...?
I'm not sure what you mean when you say it's giving you a hassle. You should not be saving anything on the rig (model) itself...you should only be editing the .smd that you import into Milkshape after opening the rig. If you're concerned that you've messed up the rig by accident you can always just reopen the rar containing the rig and use a new instance of it. If this isn't enough help could you describe each step you're taking that leads up to the point where you begin to have a problem?
Top Secret Researcher
#1408 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 6:41 PM
I'm wondering if there are more detailed meshes for Milkshape. My meshes are flat and gray, but I saw images of someone else's in Milkshape in which the model had clearly textured eyes and lips. That would make facial expressions so much simpler!

Additionally, I've seen there are some tutorials out there for importing objects and accessories when creating poses. Does anyone recommend a specific tutorial for that purpose? I'd like to try that this week.
Test Subject
#1409 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 9:06 PM
Default I was just at the site...
First off... hello

The reason why I'm posting is to ask about "http://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/".

You see I'm ecstatic the site is back (I want to go make poses! and everything I read confuses me) so I ventured around and noticed something odd or maybe it's just me?

The pictures aren't working. The only one with pictures is the complete tutorial. Maybe I'm not supposed to post here about it but I'm wondering if it's temporary?

Sorry I'm not really computer savvy or well versed with computers. (As in maybe it's something easily fixed on my end)
Top Secret Researcher
#1410 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 9:44 PM Last edited by Margaret Pendragon : 12th Jun 2013 at 10:11 PM.
So I found the eye texture for Milkshape posted in this thread and got that to work. Is there one for the entire face? Or lips? Or a way to make it myself, a tutorial for that?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1411 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Minakia
First off... hello

The reason why I'm posting is to ask about "http://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/".

You see I'm ecstatic the site is back (I want to go make poses! and everything I read confuses me) so I ventured around and noticed something odd or maybe it's just me?

The pictures aren't working. The only one with pictures is the complete tutorial. Maybe I'm not supposed to post here about it but I'm wondering if it's temporary?

Sorry I'm not really computer savvy or well versed with computers. (As in maybe it's something easily fixed on my end)
I'm currently working on updating the tutorial pictures...since RL is a little busy for me it's taking awhile but they'll eventually be done.

Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
I'm wondering if there are more detailed meshes for Milkshape. My meshes are flat and gray, but I saw images of someone else's in Milkshape in which the model had clearly textured eyes and lips. That would make facial expressions so much simpler!

Additionally, I've seen there are some tutorials out there for importing objects and accessories when creating poses. Does anyone recommend a specific tutorial for that purpose? I'd like to try that this week.
I wrote a brief tutorial for importing objects into MS to be used as pose props and posted that at Simlogical here:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...opic,614.0.html

I noticed you got help with facial textures here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...6&goto=lastpost so I'm guessing this issue is taken care of
Top Secret Researcher
#1412 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 6:34 PM
I wrote a brief tutorial for importing objects into MS to be used as pose props and posted that at Simlogical here:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...opic,614.0.html

I noticed you got help with facial textures here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...6&goto=lastpost so I'm guessing this issue is taken care of
Thanks for the tute, I've just bookmarked it. Yes, I was thrilled with the face texture, all good there. Still can't get the eyebrows to work, it keeps overwriting the eye texture, but eh...I've got a lot more to work with than I had before so I'm happy. Thanks for the response.
Test Subject
#1413 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 1:57 AM
Alright, I solved my previous problem, and I followed everything to the letter. But when I go in game to use my pose it doesn't show up. When I type in the pose name I used, my sims go into the default stance like they do in blender. Was there something I did wrong?
Test Subject
#1414 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 5:46 PM Last edited by kirbeyx3 : 22nd Jun 2013 at 5:49 PM. Reason: adding a picture
Hello! I made my first pose, but I do have a problem. So where it says this after you have made the pose and everything:
1. Open the AnimTool again. Click the SMD->CLIP button. Navigate to your working folder and select the .smd. Again you should receive a No Errors message in the AnimTool's dialogue box

I try to click SMD->CLIP but instead of saying no errors, it says "Unable to open file: (file name) .animation
Error 2"

Does anyone know what this means or has had any problems with it?
I didn't think much of it, so I continued with the S3PE and found out that my poses didn't work D:

http://i39.tinypic.com/zxwp52.png
Test Subject
#1415 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:13 PM
I use milkshape by the way, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP?
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#1416 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 7:32 PM Last edited by spladoum : 23rd Jun 2013 at 12:34 AM.
... okay, I don't got it. This is my pose in Blender:

... but this is what I get in the game:

I'm not sure why the right forearm isn't cooperating, but it's not. This is the second time I've rebuilt the pose--I'm becoming pretty concerned for the remainder of the set. Any ideas on what's going wrong?

Edit: Okay, it's all good now. I moved the joint to a ridiculous angle and imported into game just to be sure the pose itself wasn't broken, then I re-did the arm and everything worked. *sigh* Hopefully that's the biggest issue I have with this set.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1417 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kirbeyx3
Hello! I made my first pose, but I do have a problem. So where it says this after you have made the pose and everything:
1. Open the AnimTool again. Click the SMD->CLIP button. Navigate to your working folder and select the .smd. Again you should receive a No Errors message in the AnimTool's dialogue box

I try to click SMD->CLIP but instead of saying no errors, it says "Unable to open file: (file name) .animation
Error 2"

Does anyone know what this means or has had any problems with it?
I didn't think much of it, so I continued with the S3PE and found out that my poses didn't work D:

http://i39.tinypic.com/zxwp52.png
Error 2 occurs when you try convert the wrong smd to the clip or if the clip and smd are not in the same folder. The smd you want to convert back to a CLIP has to have been converted from that CLIP and they both need to be in the same folder.

I'm glad you got your issue sorted Spladoum
Test Subject
#1418 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 8:40 AM
Just like to share to you guys what I was able to accomplish so far. I like how it turned out when the camera is quite distant, I think you won't notice much of the clipping in my female's elbow but when it's close, I really don't know... Anyway, thanks orangemitten for the tutorial. I'm using Blender by the way.

and this

Lab Assistant
#1419 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 9:30 AM Last edited by Zovesta : 1st Aug 2013 at 11:33 AM.
Thank you thank you thank you!! This is super helpful and easy to read. =D The only problems I've had are due to me accidentally skimming over two lines.

Quick question, if nobody minds answering: in MilkShape, after you've created your pose, how do you open it back up in there? I exported mine and it worked just fine in the game, but there are some clipping issues and the like that I'd like to tweak. Does the above advice for Blender work for MilkShape as well? I'm going to scan through the 57 pages for an answer, but a quick answer would be much appreciated! =)

Edit: Saving before I export is probably the best answer, haha... v(9_6)v Oh well! Off to go remake the poses.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1420 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zovesta
Thank you thank you thank you!! This is super helpful and easy to read. =D The only problems I've had are due to me accidentally skimming over two lines.

Quick question, if nobody minds answering: in MilkShape, after you've created your pose, how do you open it back up in there? I exported mine and it worked just fine in the game, but there are some clipping issues and the like that I'd like to tweak. Does the above advice for Blender work for MilkShape as well? I'm going to scan through the 57 pages for an answer, but a quick answer would be much appreciated! =)

Edit: Saving before I export is probably the best answer, haha... v(9_6)v Oh well! Off to go remake the poses.
To tweak a pose using MS you can open your .smd, make your changes, and export that to overwrite the .smd. The just pick up with the usual steps to make it a clip and package it.
Lab Assistant
#1421 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 5:56 AM
I think I tried that but it gave me an error saying the file was too big, or somesuch? I'll have to try it again today. Thank you! =)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1422 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 3:15 PM
I think I tried that but it gave me an error saying the file was too big, or somesuch? I'll have to try it again today. Thank you! =)
If you're getting an error that says the joint limit is 256 you should retry the process using V05 of AnimTool...Wes updated the tool to correct this issue.
Lab Assistant
#1423 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 1:43 PM
Ah, yes, that was the issue I had. =) Thank you!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1424 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 10:43 PM
Ah, yes, that was the issue I had. =) Thank you!
YW...
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#1425 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 8:21 PM
New Blender issue--I get this error when trying to open the adult_baby blend:

From reading over it, it appears that the problem is that the game can't find/read the blend files? And I can't redownload them--I tried a day ago, only to find that the site was out of bandwidth.

Help?
Page 57 of 58