Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 11:12 AM
Thank you very much IgnorantBliss, yes, the recolor option does work now on that mesh for me. For some reason it was bringing in Numenor's seemless wall set names???? I deleted them out of my downloads folder, and the subset selection worked again.

BUT I still don't get the recolor options for the painting. I actually redid the whole mesh right from the begininng again along with a recolor. My "main" OBDJ number is 0x0001A13F, and I used this number in my recolor package. When I go into the game, the original color for the mesh show's up in the catalog. When you click on the painting, the recolor is there and that is the only one you can pick, you can't pick the original painting from the catalog, but it show's it in the catalog??? It can't be this complicated, everyone recolors 2, 3 and 4 tile meshes with no problem. I have attached the original mesh along with the recolor. If anyone can help me, I would be very grateful I did create this meah by UNCHECKING the "Pull Default Colors" box.

Thanks!!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Simnuts Painting 05.zip (200.5 KB, 33 downloads) - View custom content

"Mozart is sunshine" Antonin Dvorak (1841 - 1904)

See my other creations at
Simnuts Creations - Sims 3
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#27 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 11:55 AM
I will take a look at you package a little later, but just a couple of things. Was there a particular reason you unchecked the pull default colors option while cloning? When you say you don't get recolor options on the painting, do you mean you can recolor it in SimPE but it just doesn't work in the game?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 12:15 PM
Simnuts, if the GUID for your main OBJD is 0x0001A13F, then why in both the Material Overrides there is the GUID 0x0001A141?

You should fix the GUID in the object and in the recolour package, too.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 5:29 PM
Hi Numenor:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!! That worked! I was thinking that you had to change the GUID in your materials override in the recolor package to that of the "main" GUID only. SimPE automatically puts in the last, or in this case, the third GUID I had registered for in the materials override in the mesh package. I did see that, but just thought it was suppose to be that number. So the material override GUID number should only be the "main" GUID number in both the recolor and the mesh package. Again, thank you very much Numenor, this was driving me crazy for the last few months!

Cheers
Simnuts101

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 11:19 PM
Simnuts, a common error made while registering new GUIDs is to hit "Update MMATs and commit" for every GUID; usually SimPE is smart enough to avoid problems, but it's always better to perform this task correctly: i.e. hitting "Uppdate MMATs" only for the main OBJD, and hitting only "Commit" (on the right of the window) for all the other GUIDs.

As for the recolours, I've suggested you to fix the recolour because I knew that you created it from the old, wrong package; and so I was sure that it contained the wrong GUID, too. But once the mesh package is fixed, every recolour you make will contain the right GUID.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Space Pony
#31 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 1:49 AM
Thanks very much for this detailed description with pics.... I understand now! Thanks to the "Creator" and to the creator hehehehehe

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 5:46 AM
Recolors (again!)
Hi again:

Sorry to keep bothering you about this, but ever since I updated my SimPE to verion 50.212.35905, my recolors do not work again. I've attached another mesh, if someone could look at it for me.

This mesh uses 4 GUID numbers, which I have registered for. The main GUID (0x0001A155) is also correctly in my material overrides file (on the objectGUID line). In the catolog in the game, it just show's the one painting, with no options for mixing and matching (based on the Rolling Hills painting). When I try to recolor it using this mesh, nothing comes up in the subset selection (painting or frame). It was working perfect when I was using SimPE version 48. Is there a new step in version 50 that I am missing??

Thanks again for your help!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  test.zip (38.7 KB, 26 downloads) - View custom content

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 8:25 AM
Simnuts, you have either a bad CEP installation, or a wrong setting in SimPE: in your clone threre is the original (not colour-enabled) GMND, instead of the one provided by the CEP (the MMATs provided by the CEP, on the contrary, are in the clone).

Please check the CEP FAQ to know if the CEP is correctly installed, and check in the SimPE File table (menu Extra/Preferences -> File table) if the checkbox labelled "Include CEP" is activated and the first line of the list refers to the _EnableColorOptionGMND.package; if not, click "Reset" and restart SimPE.

Field Researcher
#34 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 8:15 AM
Hi Numenor

Well, it worked!! My file table had some really strange file listed first. I'm not sure how it got there, I obviously did something though :naughty: I "reset" the table like you suggested, and everything works fine again! :nod:

Vostro i ringraziamenti MIGLIORI ancora per il vostro aiuto! Non avrebbero pensato mai per controllare là (speranza di I potete capire il mio italiano!)

All the best
Simnuts

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 11:35 AM
I understand your Italian perfectly! Thanks
And I'm glad it worked!

Field Researcher
#36 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 6:24 AM
Default 2 story doors
Hi everyone:

I hope someone can help me with this one, I've almost got it working! :nod:

I've made some two story doors, and am just testing them in my game. Everything works great, but I'm just having a problem with the texture on the doors. As you can see from the picture below, there seems to be small white lines going up and down and horizontaly (I've also recolored the doors light brown and the lines are lighter brown). I'm not sure what is causing this, I have spent about 8 hours trying to figure it out. The base mesh does have a window in the middle of the door, but I did change the format in the texture image from DXT3 Format to DXT1 Format. Even when I used the DXT3, I still got these lines. You have to excuse the picture, I have not spend the time yet to really recolor it as it is still in the testing phase.

Thanks!
Simnuts101
Screenshots

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 12:19 PM
Simnuts - I can't answer without peeking into the package: it might be a problem of UVmapping, or related to the mesh, or just the texture...
Moreover, I'd like to know if the *vertical* lines that I can see in the screenshot are intentional, or are part of your problem.

Please, repost your question, providing this screenshot, the requested additional info and the package, to the Object Repair Center

Field Researcher
#38 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 2:01 AM
I have no "clone" or "recolor" option settings in my SimPE, and I've got the latest version of that and CEP. I'm trying to clone a maxis bed and give it better energy/comfort value, but I simply can't figure out how.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Part-time Hermit
#39 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xylune
I have no "clone" or "recolor" option settings in my SimPE, and I've got the latest version of that and CEP. I'm trying to clone a maxis bed and give it better energy/comfort value, but I simply can't figure out how.

You have to start up Object Workshop to get those options. I recommend JWoods' object tutorial in the Object Creation & Texturing forum's tutorial section to get you started.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 6:21 AM
I did start the object workshop. The options never appeared and all I could do was view the furniture...no options to clone, recolor or make other changes were available. I'll try looking at that tutorial again, but so far I haven't found any that help me open up the cloning options. Thanks.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Part-time Hermit
#41 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 6:33 AM
Make sure that the options, like the Next button, are not covered by scrolling too low in the window. Make the Object Workshop window bigger and you should see all the buttons, they should be there. See the 2 attached screenshots (For some reason the screenshots are in reversed order, see the right one first)
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#42 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 7:14 AM
Ah, I got it now...at least the cloning part. The tutorials I kept finding started after cloning but didn't go into how to actually get the cloning option to appear. Thanks! Now I just have to dig up the tutorial on cloning maxis items to change the energy/comfort value. I want to make the new seashell and castle beds that came with FFS useful for more then decoration...hehe.

Perhaps I should use advanced search options and try to narrow it more...there are so many tutorials to browse through!

Thank you again.

Instructor
#43 Old 11th May 2006 at 5:11 PM
I opened objects Workshop but not all main opened only few of the objects came up and only for chrismas party pack.
here is a picture. some so know what is wrong?
Screenshots

Unauthorized incoming post!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 12th May 2006 at 1:52 AM
Check the "File List" into Extra -> Preferences. Probably somehow all the EPs and the basegame got unselected, and therefore SimPE ignores them. Be sure that in the file list all the available EPs are selected; then, close the preferences and restart SimPE.

Instructor
#45 Old 12th May 2006 at 10:04 AM
ok, I wil try it
and thanks

Forum Resident
#46 Old 12th May 2006 at 12:44 PM Last edited by Numenor : 12th May 2006 at 4:48 PM. Reason: Attachment moved to post #1
Hey, Numenor!

Here's a german translation as PDF.

I hope it's okay with you if I offer this on my page, you get full credit for the original version, of course!

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Instructor
#47 Old 12th May 2006 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Check the "File List" into Extra -> Preferences. Probably somehow all the EPs and the basegame got unselected, and therefore SimPE ignores them. Be sure that in the file list all the available EPs are selected; then, close the preferences and restart SimPE.

it don't woked.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 12th May 2006 at 4:56 PM
Xanathon - Thanks for the translation; I've moved your rar to the front page. Of course, you can post it on your site

Morten - SimPE, by default, reads the paths where the game is installed from the Registry; if you, by chance, use for SimPE a different account than the one you use for playing, this may lead to little problems.
In any case, in the Preferences (on the very first tab, if I remember well), there are the fields where to put the correct path to all your game folders (one for each EP): double check them, to be sure they point to the right path.
If the paths are all correct, then you can try and force SimPE to reset its internal file table, by performing the following steps:
1) go to the folder where SimPE is installed;
2) open the "Data" folder and delete the file "folders.xreg" (if there is a file "folders2.xreg", delete it, as well).
3) restart SimPE, while crossing your fingers

Instructor
#49 Old 12th May 2006 at 8:11 PM
i delted the file.
i loded object workshop but then the object workshop will not load anymore.
so i put the file back and now work object workshop.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 12th May 2006 at 10:33 PM
Morten, what you say it's quite strange... Deleting that file should not prevent Object Workshop to load...

My suggestion is that you uninstall SimPE, *manually delete* the "SimPE" folder and then reinstall SimPE.

Page 2 of 4