Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 2:57 PM Last edited by kbar1 : 3rd Nov 2011 at 7:54 PM.
Default Changes don't stay
The changes I make I CAS to NPCS revert as soon as you exit CAS. ??? I want to be able to tweek my townies. Love your mods, Please help. Children editted in CAS become adults that revert to wide Hobbit looking creatures?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 5:44 PM
Apparently EA has made some changes to edit in CAS that the mods don't fix.
This you can do that stay changed upon exiting:
Name
skin color
head shape and facial features
hair color
eye color
Things that revert upon exiting:
body fat
musculature
traits
clothing

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Test Subject
#28 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 4:15 PM
And I thought I was going crazy as some things seemed to stick and others didnt, thanks for that info! Will this mod be updated to make that stuff stick? Especially the fat part? Please
Test Subject
#29 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 11:00 PM
You said this works with 2.0 but I can't get this mod to work and I don't know why. I have the resource and dll files. I have other mods that work fine. I just cant seem to get the menu for this to appear. Do I need somthing else?

There is no emotion... there is peace.
Test Subject
#30 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 12:00 AM
Given the compatibility issues, the complete lack of info on what it does and the need to twist your arm to post it I think I'll pass.
Theorist
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 3:38 AM
I thought it's obvious. It enables the option to edit your sim in CAS. And it wouldn't bother me whether you use it or not, tbh. I couldn't care less. I just uploaded this because I received quite a few requests.
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 10:35 PM
Thank you so much for this! It wouldn't let me save a copy of the sim I edited though, would it?
Instructor
#33 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 11:59 PM
you can use grim's core mod to save your hero sim as a carry-over sim, and just move that file to your saved sims folder. to save an npc you edited as a usable sim, you'll need to make them a hero sim first.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 4:04 PM
Thank you This from the sims 3 TestingCheatsEnabled true :D

DUTCH TRANSLATOR FOR MODS
Do you have a mod? I can translate this to Dutch, PM me.
Test Subject
#35 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 3:49 PM
I had the same problem: the loading screen opening a saved kingdom... I tried to open a new kingdom and it worked so... if there's a solution, fine, but I can use it for the next kingdom =D
Test Subject
#36 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 1:32 AM Last edited by MamaLambNC : 9th Jul 2014 at 3:02 AM.
I know this is an old, old thread but just had to share. I recently put my Sims Medieval onto Windows 8. To get the game to work at all, I had to go through Origin to download, install, & play. Also no patch! I got it working but missed my favorite mods. So, I put them in. No problem except I couldn't get this one to work. I was getting so frustrated with it I was about to scream! Finally, I read the comments very slowly & came across one that said something to the affect that it was a bad download & when he downloaded it a second time, it worked great. Well, I go, Why not? What do I have to lose? Took the mod out of my download folder, re-downloaded it &.....it works perfect! Said all that to say this...if it's not working, try doing it again...and again...and again, if necessary to get it where you want it! So, THANK YOU treeag, for making this mod & thank you to batlham, for taking the time to come back & say it was just a bad download. My game is now running as good on Windows 8, without the patch as it was on Windows 7 with the patch!
Test Subject
#37 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 10:55 AM
I don't know how to use this...
Very much like the person before me, I apologize for replying in such an old thread, but it can't be helped!

Two weeks ago I downloaded Sims Medieval from internet, and it works perfectly fine. So, I already finished the ambition for my first kingdom and thought of editing my heros. Game itself doesn't allow it, so I searched a cheat... there was none. But I came across this apparently famous and cherished "Edit CAS" mod.

My issue is, I don't know what a mod is, never used any and obviously neither have a clue how to install it or make it work so I can finally edit my hero-sims I downloaded the file in this thread but it only contains a single .package (4,40kb) that doesn't react to anything.

So PLEASE, begging you here people, lend me a hand!
Field Researcher
#38 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 1:25 PM
I am not sure you need this, as the game allows you edit NPC's by clicking on a dresser or chest and your hero can then choose "Plan an another Sims's outfit" or some wording like that. I don't remember if the game allowed that when it was first released.

As far as responding to an old thread: well, most of the threads are old. I envision many of the old threads being revived if interest in Sims Medieval is renewed. Since EA is offering a Sims Medieval special discount through Origin, there may be some new players to an older game.
Scholar
#39 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 1:27 AM
@GuerreraD
I'd advise you to use the Edit in Cas in this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=545333 by Deedawg, as it has fixes for some things that the other versions don't have.
Let us know if you get it working or not, as I don't know if you've set your game up for mods or not.

edit: oh yeah and happy 5th birthday to TSM
Test Subject
#40 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 2:20 PM
all of that mods to edit them full in cast, does not work anymore. I think that they are broken.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 8:45 PM
I'm having an issue with both Teerag and Deedawg's version where if I edit an NPC, then ask about their religion, the relationship glitches. I can't see their traits in the relationship panel and I don't get the popup that shows how a conversation is going like 'x thinks x is being alluring' etc, and shortly after the game freezes or crashes.
Test Subject
#42 Old 13th May 2020 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabby2805
I'm having an issue with both Teerag and Deedawg's version where if I edit an NPC, then ask about their religion, the relationship glitches. I can't see their traits in the relationship panel and I don't get the popup that shows how a conversation is going like 'x thinks x is being alluring' etc, and shortly after the game freezes or crashes.

I know you asked this more than a month ago, but this TSM forum doesn't have much activity anymore.
I'll tell you what I read in other threads. This is a game bug that deletes the NPC's religion when you edit their traits in CAS.
You have to check the NPC's religion before editing them. Then edit them in CAS and, immediately after that, change their religion to the same one they had before. This seems to be the solution to this problem.
Page 2 of 2