Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
#51 Old 29th May 2009 at 12:35 PM
The store is opened !!!

http://store.thesims3.com/
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 29th May 2009 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kabuto
The store is opened !!!

http://store.thesims3.com/

I looked around and am a little curious...

Noting the hair's catagory... do you actually have to pay separately for toddler/child/teen/YA/Adult hair? They have the same hairs listed through the age catagories (not the baby/toddler.)

If you are expected to purchase the same hair for each of the age groups, that should seriously piss off some people...

Anyone have any idea if that's the case? or am I just paranoid again? lol

Peace

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Typical
#53 Old 29th May 2009 at 1:18 PM
Knowing maxis - I'd say you have to pay seperatly.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 29th May 2009 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewjen

If someone has an account they can try to add to cart, if you are able to add the same hair once for each age group you have to pay for each stage, but I guess they are present in each age group so if you are shopping hair for teens you get the adult and child versions to.

But not sure, under everyday female outfits is a long halter dress that looks just like the one included as formal in the game. This would be pretty stupid as it’s just a flag who decide if a item is everyday formal or both.
Test Subject
#55 Old 29th May 2009 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewjen

I think you might...

I was thinking that they'd come with all age groups because that would make sense... and it'd be a real jerk thing to do to make us pay for each age group separately. >.<
Then I went to the store and was looking around and noticed that the Spikey and Suave hair for boys is 50 points... and for men it's 75.

Why would they cost different for the same hair if you don't have to buy them separately? Idk, I definitely wont be buying any hair if that's the case...

Edit- Actually, thinking about it now, I remember that Sims 2 had some hairs where the kid hair wasn't the same as teen, adult and whatever.. but if they're just going to have the same hair available for kids as for adults... why don't they just include it in the file instead of making us pay extra? I'm sure they'd make enough money either way...
Mad Poster
#56 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:40 PM
Not sure about the hairs, but young adult/adult clothes definitely seem to use the same meshes because if you look at the exchange the same mesh is stated to be available for both ages. If you buy them, make sure you only pay once, because they are listed separeately for both ages in the store.
Scholar
#57 Old 29th May 2009 at 11:28 PM
Each item in the store must be purchased seperstely to show up ingame, with the exception of the items available in the set packages. If you want the Suave hair for every age, you must BUY it for every age. If you want the same outfit to show up in all lthe categories it can be in, you must buy it for each of those categories. Enjoy spending your additional $275 US for the rest of the content that should have been IN the game.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Scholar
#58 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:43 AM
When I first heard about the TS3 store, I had mixed feelings. Miffed at the idea of EA allegedly stripping the base game of content just to flesh out their store, but happy because it would be a faster, easier way of getting content than buying stuff packs.

After browsing around today, I have to say I'm a little relieved. Not because I love the content, but exactly the opposite. Most of it seems pretty mediocre. If they had filled the store with fantastic-quality items I couldn't live without, then I would suspect that the rumor was true about saving all the best things for the store. However, as it stands, these seem more like the rejects that weren't quite good enough to include, or just a half-assed effort by EA, who created these items with the store in mind (thinking that the quality of online items didn't matter as much). Either way, I think we can still expect to get the best content through the base game and future expansion packs.

I went through and picked out the items I'm planning on buying with my 1000 free points, and could only find nine things I liked well enough to download, even if everything was completely free. That will only take up half of my points. Needless to say, I'm not worried about forking over any dough for online content anytime soon.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 30th May 2009 at 2:45 AM Last edited by LE102071 : 30th May 2009 at 2:53 AM. Reason: edit to add
Quote: Originally posted by magnemoe
If someone has an account they can try to add to cart, if you are able to add the same hair once for each age group you have to pay for each stage, but I guess they are present in each age group so if you are shopping hair for teens you get the adult and child versions to.

But not sure, under everyday female outfits is a long halter dress that looks just like the one included as formal in the game. This would be pretty stupid as it’s just a flag who decide if a item is everyday formal or both.

I tried to test that already.. you have to have a registered game key entered into your account before they let you "buy" or add to a cart...

I wasn't too keen on the idea of the store to begin with... but I know that I get like $10 freebie points to spend... If you have to purchase each stage seperately... I'm gonna be soooo pissed.

Here's hoping that won't be the case...

Peace

eta:

I just tried to use the forums there... as I wanted to ask the question about the hair, specifically. It won't even let you POST on the forums without having the registered game...

That being the case... they are gonna be shooting themselves in the foot with "new users" that want to be able to ask questions about the game. If I'd never played it before, and wanted to ask a question (kinda like now...) I's want to go to the games own page for the "most accurate" information. If you have to purchase the game first... I'd never buy the game...

c'est la vie

Peace... again

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
When I first heard about the TS3 store, I had mixed feelings. Miffed at the idea of EA allegedly stripping the base game of content just to flesh out their store, but happy because it would be a faster, easier way of getting content than buying stuff packs.

After browsing around today, I have to say I'm a little relieved. Not because I love the content, but exactly the opposite. Most of it seems pretty mediocre. If they had filled the store with fantastic-quality items I couldn't live without, then I would suspect that the rumor was true about saving all the best things for the store. However, as it stands, these seem more like the rejects that weren't quite good enough to include, or just a half-assed effort by EA, who created these items with the store in mind (thinking that the quality of online items didn't matter as much). Either way, I think we can still expect to get the best content through the base game and future expansion packs.

I went through and picked out the items I'm planning on buying with my 1000 free points, and could only find nine things I liked well enough to download, even if everything was completely free. That will only take up half of my points. Needless to say, I'm not worried about forking over any dough for online content anytime soon.

Yeahhh... I have to agree with ya there. I briefly viewed the Sims Store today, got to see the point costs for each, and just got a general sense of the content. Doesn't seem like there's too much there I'd want... probably not even enough to use up all my points, but we'll see You know, it's strange, PurplePaws, I've agreed with pretty much every one of your posts! :D
Scholar
#61 Old 31st May 2009 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tinydancer80
Yeahhh... I have to agree with ya there. I briefly viewed the Sims Store today, got to see the point costs for each, and just got a general sense of the content. Doesn't seem like there's too much there I'd want... probably not even enough to use up all my points, but we'll see You know, it's strange, PurplePaws, I've agreed with pretty much every one of your posts! :D

Well, you know what they say... Great minds think alike!

Although the majority of the objects are subpar, though, there are a few things I like quite a bit. Mainly, the Bayside kitchen counters (JUST the counters, not the whole kitchen), the Hewnsman bay window, and for some odd reason, the Hewnsman puzzle stool. It just has a certain quality.
Test Subject
#62 Old 31st May 2009 at 12:09 PM
Is anyone else having difficulty even accessing the store?

I can see the Exchange just fine, but the Store only loads partially...I get no style, no pictures, few links. I've tried multiple browsers.

I'm not sure how EA expects me to buy add-ons if I can't view them...
Test Subject
#63 Old 31st May 2009 at 12:17 PM
I don't have any problems with accesing the store, and I'm using Google Chrome, maybe you should try that..
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 31st May 2009 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamine
Is anyone else having difficulty even accessing the store?

I can see the Exchange just fine, but the Store only loads partially...I get no style, no pictures, few links. I've tried multiple browsers.

I'm not sure how EA expects me to buy add-ons if I can't view them...

Me too, it takes ages to load or I get 'The site is down for maintenance. Please try again later'.
Test Subject
#65 Old 31st May 2009 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by channah14
I don't have any problems with accesing the store, and I'm using Google Chrome, maybe you should try that..

That worked, thank you.

Weird...I had tried just about every other browser.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 31st May 2009 at 1:08 PM
I don't have any problem with the store. I just wanted to point something out to any of you considering purchasing items from the store - if you look some (not many) of the items come with additional textures. That makes those items more appealing to me. I'm going to buy some stuff from the store - not everything - someone did the math and it's like $275.00 to buy it all. I think it's a load of poo that they are selling this stuff when it should be in the game if it's already available. But I will still buy some for the meshes. I wish they would put a bald hair up for men as I like totally bald men and I think it sucks that sims3 has none.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 31st May 2009 at 4:14 PM
I went through, and the items I really wanted only added up to about 300 points. There some things I kinda want, but I probably will just save my points for a when they release more stuff. In that sense, I don't feel ripped off.

However, it is a total rip off that you only get the outfit/hair for the age you buy it. Oh well.
Instructor
#68 Old 31st May 2009 at 4:19 PM
Not sure how accurate that figure is as I have just checked out the store myself.

Looks like with the hair if you buy it you get all the ages who are able to get it. Looks like anyway, maybe.

But I think to get it to 275 you would have to get all the duplicates.... from purchasing the sets,,,,

But yes it is expensive. My fear is that we buy these things now only to discover that alot of them come with future expansions or stuff packs...
Test Subject
#69 Old 31st May 2009 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
Each item in the store must be purchased seperstely to show up ingame, with the exception of the items available in the set packages. If you want the Suave hair for every age, you must BUY it for every age. If you want the same outfit to show up in all lthe categories it can be in, you must buy it for each of those categories.

I really hope you're wrong. Having to buy a hairstyle/clothing for YA and A was bad enough... but then having to buy it 2+ more times so it shows up in all of the categories?

They're going overboard, assuming you are right...
Instructor
#70 Old 31st May 2009 at 4:48 PM
kattenijin

Are you saying that actually having purchased the Sims 3 and buying the download with the 'free' points.
Theorist
#71 Old 31st May 2009 at 11:45 PM
I'm loving the Bayside set! I wish it wasn't so expensive. Some of the hair and clothes look good though they should have come with the game to begin with. I sure hope Sims cash cards are sold in Canada....
Scholar
#72 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sidheed
kattenijin

Are you saying that actually having purchased the Sims 3 and buying the download with the 'free' points.

No, I'm saying that because I can read. Go to the store and read what it says. That simple.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Test Subject
#73 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:14 AM
The furniture on TS3S seems cool, but there's only two hair styles that I'd actually use. The exchange seems pretty cool though. I like the few lots that are already posted. As for the whole buy every hair thing, EA better realize that no one's going for it. >.<

<3
Field Researcher
#74 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:13 AM
I love the Hewnsman set, or whatever it's called. I think it's gorgeous. But IF I paid for it, I can see myself using it in every single house, because I'd feel like 'well, I paid money for this, so now I have to use it'

Still think the store is a rort though.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:16 AM
Oh.... I read in my local Best Buy weekly ad this morning that the Sims Store card... well... you pay $10 and get, I think 500 pts. If that's the case... I'll be pissed!
Page 3 of 4