Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 5:41 AM
Default *Really* slow game
My game, only since today, is deathly slow. It's not an issue of the sims not matching up with the time passing in game. Opprotunity/etc. windows take a long time to pop up.

To be honest, I'm not sure if posting here is appropriate because my whole computer is suddenly slow. I've been trying to fix some BSODs for months by narrowing down my start-up services, so the thing causing those is probably my issue here as well. I just wondered if you might have any ideas. Usually my game runs fantastically well.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 2:59 PM
I'd try the folks at sevenforums.com, they have some really good people at the Crashes & Debugging section. Just to be sure to read their stickies
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ajax_sirius
I'd try the folks at sevenforums.com, they have some really good people at the Crashes & Debugging section. Just to be sure to read their stickies

That's where I've actually been receiving help for a while now. I'm slowing zoning in on what's causing my BSODs, it's just such a long and annoying process.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 2:58 PM
They are walking you through virus scans and system cleanup and such?
And what sort of help do you require from us, if you're already getting helped by the experts? Do you need help in understanding the errors or instructions or ...? Then include a link to the thread.

There's no point troubleshooting for Sims, if it has not been established that the PC is OK. As we can never be sure that the issue is not caused by the system.