Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 7:56 PM
This would actually be my first competition, as well. :]
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 9:36 PM
I'm looking forward to it, just one more judge.

I am L...I am...Justice

http://i33.tinypic.com/dmcyut.jpg - There be Dragons..
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:08 AM
*scans topic* still no scores or R:2?

:P
Theorist
#54 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:51 AM
Nope
Mad Poster
#55 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:52 AM
I have sent in my scores. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the scores myself.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Scholar
Original Poster
#56 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 3:53 PM
The remaining judge hasn't been on for a few days, so I've asked an emergency judge if they can take over for Round I. The second Round will be up shortly, regardless.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:19 PM
YAY!!!!!! Soon.....
Scholar
Original Poster
#58 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:26 PM Last edited by TRIriana : 8th Jul 2009 at 5:27 PM.

Okay! You've given a brief introduction to your families and, as we enter Week One you're going to have the opportunity to elaborate a little bit more on that. You think your families are interesting? You think that swapping them with potential polar opposites is going to send sparks flying?

Well now is your chance to start proving that!

The first half of Round II will centre on the two who are going to be swapped into the other family and the second half of Round II will need to show how they start to integrate into the new house. As such, there are two parts to this Round:

Part 1
3 photographs: The first three photographs must show only the "wife". They can show her/him entering the hosue for the first time, rooting around, seeing the rooms, whatever you like!
1 photograph: Must be your swapped Sim, on her own, showing the reaction to the Manual created by her/his opposite.
Part 1
1 photograph: One of these must show the family meeting the swapped Sim for the very first time
2 photographs: The remaining two photographs must show some of the family members, in a room of your chosing in their house, speaking to the camera about their first impressions of the new "wife" in their home. These two must not have the swapped Sim included in them.
Note: 7 photos for one of the families.

Writing Requirements
The writing amount will remain the same throughout the contest, and you must write at least three lines per picture. For part one, aim to show the "wife's" reaction to the new house and what her reaction to the manual is. For part two, try and detail what the family reaction is to the new intrusion. And aim to have each member of the family giving a response.
The Manual
Yep, you get to do the manual. :-P It doesn't have to be long - just a brief detail of how the house usually works: does the "wife" usually run around picking up after everyone? Are they stringent about letting the place remain a tip?

Round end dates are on the initial page of the contest thread, and will close at 10PM GMT. If you need an extension at all, let me know prior to the Round closing.
Test Subject
#59 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:53 PM
Great :-)

I have some questions though... The total pictures number is 7 per family? So it is 14?
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:01 PM
sounds good- same question as 3mieszczanka really, looking forward to doing it!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:08 PM
That's what I was wondering what 3mieszczanka,and I'm definantly looking forward to it as well .

I am L...I am...Justice

Scholar
Original Poster
#62 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 3mieszczanka
Great :-)

I have some questions though... The total pictures number is 7 per family? So it is 14?

Ack! I should have clarified that, . Thank you for pointing that out. Yes, it's per family. I'll accept the entry as two parts - one post per family if that will be easier for people.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:09 PM
thanks. I'm decorating their houses right now (I was in a rush 2 get round 1 done and forgot 2 decorate.) Once i've done that i'll get working on round 2
Test Subject
#64 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 10:19 PM
I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out - I've just started summer classes and it looks like it's going to be a lot of work.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 11:24 PM
Do we need to show a close up of the manual and the things written in it?

I am L...I am...Justice

Scholar
Original Poster
#66 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:18 AM
The writing can be done below the picture, and the picture itself should mostly focus on the reaction.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:51 AM Last edited by L Lawliet_SC : 7th Jul 2009 at 9:26 AM.
Default ::sigh::
I can't deal with the Kb issue that I've got right now all my pictures look like crap to be honest, plus I'm trying to move, my house is getting flea-bombed. I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop unfortunantly, it's sad because I had all my shots done except 2 and I'm not going back in game to retake them. Plus that's like 14 pictures in only 4 short days that's alot of pictures to edit and such ,I honestly doubt I'll be able to do it I'm a very busy person. Ugh D*mn I jsut came down with the worst cold today, haven't felt this bad in ages. Maybe it's best if I just drop and stay in my bed . Ever feel like your on a roller coaster and your stomach got left up top and trampled over and over by carts? Good luck guys....

I am L...I am...Justice

Scholar
#68 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 3:37 AM Last edited by Prosthetics : 7th Jul 2009 at 3:58 AM.
Oh man...this is going to take awhile...

I should have it up within the next two days. Hopefully.

I'm also a little confused about the manual? Uh..first...what is it?
Scholar
Original Poster
#69 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:37 PM
The Manual, basically, is a brief detail on how the house usually works as explained above, written by the "swapped" person.
Test Subject
#70 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 1:33 PM
Oh, no, please guys, don'r resign! It won't b the same without you!!! Maybe we can close this round on sunday, not on friday? I agree that there is not much time during the week for 14 photos. Then the 3 Round can end on 19th July and 4 Round on 26 July, so we're gonna make it anyway. Besides, will this contest still be approved with less than 10 contestants?
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 4:38 PM
Well technically it has 10 contestants. There were 10 applications so that makes it approved. Just because people dropeed out, even if it was all but 1, it would still be a contest.

Lab Assistant
#72 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 4:49 PM
hmmmmm.... i hope it will all be OK this contest looks really good. I'm working on round 2- just got to do some last decorating and then i'll start getting pics! XD
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:30 PM
I might not be able to do this- way too many pictures and writing at once. I think I'm gonna drop out, so don't expect and entry. Really, really sorry.

Scholar
#74 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 9:49 PM
I knew I should have joined this contest before going on vacation last week. . . Looks sooo fun! **Maybe you'll do a cycle 2?!**

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Scholar
Original Poster
#75 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:29 PM
My apologies for not responding sooner! It's been a pretty hectic couple of day.

I have edited the contest thread, to provide everyone with an extra few days. I'm also going to split the current round into two. So, instead of chronicling both families for 14 photos overall, you need only do one of the families for the original 7 photographs.

The next round you'll have the opportunity to showcase the second family.

Page 3 of 6