Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 11:36 AM
Creating custom fish for Sims 3
First off I don't know if this is the right topic so if it is placed wrong please tell me.

Well I'm making a tropical world in the Sims 3 CAW tool, I find it quite a shame you don't really have any tropical fish to catch. So I was asking myself what if you could make your own fish with their own spawner so you can fill up your tank with colorful tropical fish. Please tell me if this is in any way possible, even if you can just make custom spawners with the fish you want it to have from the base game. If you are able to create custom fish can I import models and textures from another game, Zoo Tycoon 2. I have a lot of custom fish in that game so it save a lot of trouble and time if you could use these models and textures. I'm a real noob in modding so that's why I came here to ask because I don't think I will ever find out myself.
Thanks for reading, and please comment if you know anything even small things help.

TitanChief
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TitanChief10
So I was asking myself what if you could make your own fish with their own spawner so you can fill up your tank with colorful tropical fish. Please tell me if this is in any way possible, even if you can just make custom spawners with the fish you want it to have from the base game.
If you are able to create custom fish can I import models and textures from another game, Zoo Tycoon 2. I have a lot of custom fish in that game so it save a lot of trouble and time if you could use these models and textures.

i dont know how to create a new spawner, but you can modify existing spawner to spawn your custom fish. it is in fishing xml tuning file.
you can make your own custom fish if these models and textures resources are the same type with sims game or you can do some converting around.
i think it quite complicate for beginner but it's worth it
1/ cloning a fish to examine how it look
2/ fish also somekind of ingredient, so try to read tutorial about ingredient because tutorial for fish doesn't have yet
3/ once you have success with fish that you can buy from store, put it in fishbowl then you can modify fish spawner to let you fishing it