Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1851 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 1:56 AM
When you look at a picture of a man someone else claims is the most handsome they've ever seen, and think, "Eh, straight face one, boring!"

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1852 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 4:26 AM
When you're given money to redesign the interior of the office at work, and your boss doesn't understand it when you ask "So is this money just for Buy Mode stuff? Or can I spend some on Build Mode stuff too?"

Turns out it's just for Buy Mode... bummer. It really needs new wall coverings!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Test Subject
#1853 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 6:55 PM
Seeing a gold badge pop up above your head when you fish for a while
Theorist
#1854 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 5:54 AM
I know I've been playing too much Sims 2 when I get earworms (songs stuck in my head) from some of the funny musical references in the game.

Like this one:

And this one:
Test Subject
#1855 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:43 PM
Default Well
I know I play too much because I analyze almost every pretty house for window placement, number of wall pieces, etc so I can rush home and build it in my game. For real I do this while on the bus.

Scholar
#1856 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:32 PM
When you start to analyze your relationships in Sim terms
Mad Poster
#1857 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 11:58 AM
You get withdrawal symptoms. My computer is in the shop having its battery and cooling system replaced and I'm borrowing a comp to internet on and I keep seeing stuff here and getting the urge to play. DX
Inventor
#1858 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 1:12 PM
When you go to bed scheming of what to do the next day with your sims, or start to thiink some of your male sims could probably make more reliable or hotter boyfriends than real-life ones.
Top Secret Researcher
#1859 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 7:30 PM
When you're in bed and think about a funeral for a recently deceased Sim - who turns up, who says what - seeing all the extended family members and friends there.
Mad Poster
#1862 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 2:40 AM
When you remember that you actually need a "buyer" to sell anything..for real.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#1863 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:36 AM
When you think that you must have earned a talent badge after finally managing to use a cash register several times in quick succession without getting whacked in the stomach by the drawer. (I should have seen this coming back when I laughed and said, "Classic!" the first time it happened to me.) I did hit my arm with the drawer once and forgot where the no-sale button was, so I'm not above bronze...
Mad Poster
#1864 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
When you think that you must have earned a talent badge after finally managing to use a cash register several times in quick succession without getting whacked in the stomach by the drawer. (I should have seen this coming back when I laughed and said, "Classic!" the first time it happened to me.) I did hit my arm with the drawer once and forgot where the no-sale button was, so I'm not above bronze...

Hehehe...you just reminded me about thinking to myself : "I wish my sims would make that hip move, closing the drawer.." I think, I never used my hands to close it yeah..I'm awesome.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#1865 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 6:11 PM
On another newsgroup, I see a thread called: "WTF Conversations," concerning conversations that people have which come out of nowhere, make no sense, or suddenly strike people with the knowledge of how weird their lives, objectively speaking, are.

Even though I know perfectly well what the thread is about, I keep reading it as "WTF Conversions" and wondering what kind of TS3 and 4 stuff is weird enough to draw this reaction when converted.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#1866 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
You hear the Sims 2 music over and over again in your head. Talk about a very catchy earworm.

FLY FOAM FLY FOAM DE FLIRT
FLY FOAM FLY FOAM DE FLIRT
Mad Poster
#1867 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
You hear the Sims 2 music over and over again in your head. Talk about a very catchy earworm.

My Mum use to walk around the house going "BOM-ba-da-BOM ba-da-BOM Ba-da-BOM!" like one of the songs that came with nightlife(?) because she would always get it stuck in her head.

I guess you've been playing too much Sims 2 when everyone in your family knows at least 1 Sims song.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#1868 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 6:54 PM
I had a dream that I had just gotten out of bed and on the way to the bathroom I heard the sims pregnancy chime. I was mortified thinking that I was pregnant (I have 2 teenagers so I'm way past wanting to have a baby). When I woke up, I had to laugh at myself and thought 'wow, I've been playing the sims too much!'
Link Ninja
#1869 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 9:07 PM
In a group chat at work you start listing all your co-workers aspirations if they were sims. This isn't the first time you've talked about sims so they just play along to appease you.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#1870 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 9:49 PM
When everyone stares at you when you start doing the smustle at a real life wedding.
Mad Poster
#1871 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 9:59 PM
Hahaha, if any of you are ever in Wales and travel on an Arriva train, note that the chime they play just before an announcement sounds similar to the pregnancy chime. I was on there and for a second looked around wondering "Who is woohooing in the toilets?!" before realising what I had just thought -_-

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#1872 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 1:47 AM
probably been posted before, but... you look at another person (or even in the mirror!) and think, "she needs a new hair mesh."
Test Subject
#1873 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 9:18 PM Last edited by Mysteriouswolf : 19th Jan 2015 at 7:05 AM.
When you cry exactly like in the sims
Your suddenly fluent in simlish
You spin to get naked to go into the shower but you slip, bang your head off the sink and lie unconcious on the ground for 3 hours
When theres a fire you run to it and start dancing instead of walking out of the house and calling the fire brigade
You look up at the sky and point to your stomach and make sounds to show your hungry
You dont use toilet paper on the toilet
When seeing a stranger walk by you sometimes think "what an ugly townie"
Your confused when someone dies why you cant see the grim reaper or plead to bring them back
Your sims can actually talk english to you
You can go into the sims game
(ok maybe not that last one XD)
Lab Assistant
#1874 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 1:25 PM
when you write "motherlode" instead of "Modthesims..." on the url thing. o_o
Forum Resident
#1875 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 3:14 PM
When you replace all your mouse cursors with the Sims 2 ones. No, seriously I did.

(For those who want to do the same, it can be found here :
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=520485)
Page 75 of 115